Priceless: Who will go the furthest?

• Thread starter Moonlight Drive
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

Well this new 'Priceless' stable is pretty much Evolution V2 in it's intentions, to give Cody, Ted and Manu all an epic push. So, my question is to you, how far do you think each man will go?

Ted: Ted is definitely going to the top. He's the type of guy the WWE seems to love, and seems to be a near carbon copy of Orton (Funnily enough, Cody + Ted = Orton almost exactly in their faces, but that has nothing to do with anything). DiBiase is my favourite of the group, and I think he's going to be a World Champion in the next 3-5 years. They will keep him heel, they don't want a failed face run like Randy to affect his push.

Cody: Rhodes is also going to go far, but, I see Ted and Rhodes getting seperated in the draft to give Ted his catapult into singles and Cody perhaps going face. It will seperate the two and they'll both get big pushes, one on Raw and one on SD. Cody could become World Champion, although I'm not as certain as I am for Ted. Ted DiBiase vs Cody Rhodes, Wrestlemania 30.

Manu: Manu's future is a lot tougher to predict. Is it just me, or does he seem to be a 'fish out of water' in this stable? Cody and Ted, they're blue chippers and seem were born to be in this gimmick, while Manu doesn't seem to fit in anywhere. He isn't a Samoan Savage like his father, nor does he fit into the 'priceless' gimmick like Cody or Ted. Manu I think has to get some sort of gimmick that works to go anywhere. Manu will probably be like Kane from WM XX-WM 24, he'll hang around in the mid-card not really going up or down the card and putting new talent over.

So, who do you think will go the furthest, if anywhere at all from Priceless? Ted, Cody or Manu?

Vandy316

Reaction score
Ted easily. After getting booted by Orton I can see him, not anytime soon, but after they split kinda like Evolution, i can see him feuding with Orton and getting a title shot or 2

Evil Austin

I agree with everything you said on Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes, I see Ted being in the Main Event scene in a few more years. Cody though maybe one title match but never the actual world title run I see him being a few time 'mid card' champion and that's it at most.

While Manu on the other hand the only thing I predict for him is the 2010's Umaga?

kingovkings

Reaction score
Yeah i agree about ted he has future big star written all over him. As for cody not as much for me maybe for of a mid carder winning IC or US title a few times. He may get a wwe or Heavyweight shot at some point i just dont see him as a big Main Event player, Like i do ted. As for Manu i dont see him in ME at all he will probs struggle at Midcard. But thats just my opinion.

MikeRaw

Ted Dibiase. Manu will not go too far, and Rhodes will be a semi-main eventer. Dibiase will be a big star though.

CenaMark54

Ted will eventually be big. Not anytime soon though. He will need a maineventer to put him over. Orton isn't in a position to be putting anyone over yet.

Hopefully he is built up slowly over several years. I have a strange feeling they are going to rush him to the top.

They will probably put him in a main event feud with Orton within the next year. Which he will lose and this will do more to hurt him than help him.

Its a move that is proven to fail. The WWE rushes you to the top. You feud with an established star and lose the feud. You then have to be depushed because you have lost credibility. It than takes you that much longer to get back to the point before the fued with the main eventer.

Its best to be slowly built up. Get to a point where an established main eventer can put you over and that established main eventer doesnt look weak in the process.

I'll put it this way...

Scenario 1: This current angle results in Orton and DiBiase entering into a fued. At this point, they can't put DiBiase over Orton because Orton would look like a chump losing to a rookie. Instead Orton beat DiBiase. At this point, Dibiase looks like he doesn't belong in the main event, so they push him back down to midcard.

Scenario 2: Dibiase works his way up the card over several years as an understudy to Orton, then eventually on his own. He picks up several big wins over upper midcarders and looks more and more like a credible threat. At this point, he can get an upset win over a maiineventer without doing much damage to the credibility of said main eventer.

I lost track of where i was going, nonetheless, the WWE would be well served to take their time with young Theodore.

chessarmy

I'm pretty sure that management is high on Ted Dibiase, so I expect him to get a big push in the future as a singles wrestler. I don't know if WWE has plans to do the evolution V2 angle, it sure doesn't seem like it. With that said, we'll probably see him split up with Cody and Manu, and do his own thing.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I hope they don't rush his push. I agree it will need to be done over a longer period of time for it to be successful. If done right and his rise to the top is done over a longer period of time with some good rubs of the vets(HBK would be good to get him over with no damage to HBK'S cred) he will be more successful and stay at the top longer. Rather than been rushed to the top to only to be shot down back again because either he cant pull of main event status or like Cenamark said they cant have a rookie going over a top established Maineventer coz it makes them look weak.

The Rated R CMStar

I don't know, but I have this weird feeling Ted DiBiase will separate from Cody Rhodes and Manu really, really soon, fly on his own, and leave the stable to Orton, Rhodes and Manu

Reaction score
The place so nice they named it twice...new york,
/\ /\ /\ I agree with everything you said. I see us hating DiBiase as much as some of us hated Orton when he was first coming up. I am itching to see Orton vs. DiBiase on a Wrestlemania event.

As for Cody, he has potential but he needs to leave Priceless to get there and not guet stuck in Tag team purgatory.

And if I was Manu, I'd get myself over to Smackdown, teach Umaga some english and dominate the Tag Team division. Him and Siaki was known as the Samoan Swat Team down in FCW so I cansee a re-incarnation of that team again. Primo & Carlito vs. Manu & Umaga anyone?

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Ted DiBiase will likely be ME in a few more years; I'd like to see Cody Rhodes go face, and DiBiase stay Heel. Manu, I'm not sure where he will go. His character is too... dull. I'm not feeling it as much as I'd like to. He and Umaga would make a great team, though.

Nation

Ted DiBiase is the future. It's only a matter of time before he is wearing the intercontential title and he will definitely become a main eventer. Cody will never be a main eventer until he puts on some weight. It's sad but that's how it is. But he should enjoy some great midcard success.

Travis40

I think WWE is saving DiBiase for the breakup of Priceless. WWE is going to have Rhodes as the leader of Priceless (behind Orton, of course), then when it seems that Orton is taking too much control and is ruining Rhodes career, DiBiase turns on Orton, Rhodes, Orton, and Manu stay heel. WWE pushes DiBiase to the moon, while Rhodes turns into a Paul London, but he will eventually keep his job becuase of his father.

seX-Power

The creative team sees more potential in Dibiase, so he will go further. Overall, I see him and Cody Rhodes as almost parrallel regarding in ring skills and charisma. I see both being future main eventers, but Dibiase will actually win a title imo. For Manu, a tag team with Umaga would be epic but I see maybe one mid card win in his future and thats it.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

I believe Ted will go higher then Cody and Manu

Cody and Manu will most likely go with RKO doing Ted's absence.

Ted is gonna return all mad and shit because his buds traded on him and are with the guy who kicked his shit.

I can see Ted getting beat up every week and eventually he'll take out Manu/Cody and get a win over Randy at some ppv.

Ted=Randy Orton doing his turn on Evolution.

Randy=HHH doing that same time period.

I'm sensing a repeat of history only with different people.

De-ja-vu

Besides they have higher hopes for Teddy, wasn't there talk of him ending Taker's streak before?