• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Priceless needs mic time

MikeRaw

These guys need some more mic time... I'm happy with them being in the stable, and the persona they're developing, but c'mon... They hardly ever talk.
They get beat up, which is bad enough, but seeing as it's for the good of the storyline, I can live with it. But they hardly ever talk.
For example, tonight, would've been a perfect time for them to talk, when Orton was cutting his promo, but they didn't.
I think part of the problem is they don't have their own feud, so they do what Orton does, so they dont have their own guys to talk about.
But I really think, to progress, they need some more mic time.
Anyone agree?

CenaMark54

Eventually they will get more mic time. The last thing they want to do is kill Ortons momentum heading into Mania by having his stablemates fuck up a promo. Neither Rhodes or Dibiase are good enough on the mic yet to warrent any promo time.

I think the best thing they can do right now is have Orton cut all the promo's for them until Priceless becomes more established and has a few feuds under their belts. Then they can begin doing their own thing.

I just don't think this is the time to hope two first and second year wrestlers can carry a promo. They are basically involved in the highest profile feud heading into Mania. Neither is in the position where one promo they cut will help the storyline. At best, it would do nothing, and at worst it would hurt the fued. For the time being, they are best served as Orton's henchmen.

Maybe after Mania they can start to branch out. Just think back to Evolution. It was a while before Orton started to cut promo's and it basically took Batista 2 years before you heard him on the mic.

MikeRaw

Eventually they will get more mic time. The last thing they want to do is kill Ortons momentum heading into Mania by having his stablemates fuck up a promo. Neither Rhodes or Dibiase are good enough on the mic yet to warrent any promo time.

I think the best thing they can do right now is have Orton cut all the promo's for them until Priceless becomes more established and has a few feuds under their belts. Then they can begin doing their own thing.

I just don't think this is the time to hope two first and second year wrestlers can carry a promo. They are basically involved in the highest profile feud heading into Mania. Neither is in the position where one promo they cut will help the storyline. At best, it would do nothing, and at worst it would hurt the fued. For the time being, they are best served as Orton's henchmen.

Maybe after Mania they can start to branch out. Just think back to Evolution. It was a while before Orton started to cut promo's and it basically took Batista 2 years before you heard him on the mic.
I agree with you about the whole Mania thing, and not losing Orton's momentum. Like I said, it wouldn't make sense to have Ted and Cody trash talk Shane or anything.
But I think something like during/after their match with Cryme Tyne, they could've just given a little something, you know. Not a long promo, and not about Orton, just to show off their cockiness a bit.
I don't thinka bit would hurt, but I agree with you that it shouldn't be during an Orton segment, because that needs to be about his character.

RatedDCA

Reaction score
I agree with Priceless getting some mic time. It's about time they show us what Orton has been teaching them backstage when Orton took them on his wing. Hey, they might even surprise us if they have improved a lot. but i'll keep my fingers crossed on that. Maybe some progress..

noumenon

It seems like they're going for a feud with Cryme Tyme of all people, while the tag champs are nowhere to be found. Anyone remember when Cryme Tyme said to Mizorrison "If ya'll beat us we aint gon' bother you no more." And they got beat...
So unless WWE expects us to ignore that it would seem that Priceless need to take a direct road to the tag titles...not through Cryme Tyme. As for right now I'm not too upset with the lack of Cody's lisping on the mic. I think it fits the stable quite well actually. Priceless are almost like Orton's little tools and sacrificial lambs...they do what he wants...he calls the shots...he cuts the promos.
But... right now they're both developing as little Orton proteges. Sooner or later the time is going to have to come where they pick up the mic and develop some personality of their own.

Smack on there my friend. I love orton( in a non gay way). Priceless will become a good team soon. But mic time or not people win titles without mic time. Do they need mic time? Maybe but i think their ability can take them to the tag titles. And with Orton so good on the mic they aint got to worry about mic time yet.

Travis40

In Evolution, Orton and Batista didn't get to talk until mid 2003, about 6-7 months after they formed. I expect the same here, after Orton wins the title, and the WM build is finished, I think DiBiase and Rhodes will get much, much more airtime, which will give them the opportunity to show off their great promo skills (especially Cody >_>)

noumenon

Well... at this point Cody has a lot more in ring experience that Ted. I'm sure once Ted starts to hone his style we'll see a lot more impressive things from him as well. But agreed...Cody does finish off the majority of their matches.