Premier League 2010/2011 Season

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I think Liverpool wil Scratch the Europa League spot and it is good that they have pulled things back. Hey, if they stay on form they may well win the Europa League. They musn't rid of Torres though, no way.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They keep rejecting offers for Torres so I can't see him leaving. Maybe at the end of the season he will look at his options but I doubt he will leave midseason. It will be interesting if they can get Luis Suarez midseason. I personally can't see Ajax letting him go midseason and Liverpool may have to wait until the end of the season before picking him up. I would love to see the guy in the Premier League so I can watch him play regularly. He was great to watch in the World Cup.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
His contract expires in 18 months so we'd get him cheaper at the end of the year. Likewise, his price drops if they don't qualify for Europe, and Ajax are in debt (and need to sell a player), so I wouldn't rule it out. :p

Torres won't go. We don't need to sell him and he wouldn't join Chelsea anyway (despite what rumours say).

I could see him going to Barca at the end of the year, but definitely not Chelsea.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I was surprised when I read that Chelsea made an offer for him. I expected it to be Barcelona or another La Liga team. Didn't Barcelona try to get him at the end of last season?

If he does move on from Liverpool I can't see him going to another Premier League club, it will be back to Spain for him.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think Sunderland will be fine actually they have a very good manager who is good at getting the best out of maybe middle of the road players. Yes they will struggle to replace Bent, but I still think their team is too strong to be in any danger of going down.

Good win for Villa yesterday, it was nice to have the match virtually wrapped up by half-time, at this stage of the compution it is good not have to contend with replays, I just want us to either win and go through or lose and go out. At the moment the league is still the main focus, but if we are in a strong enough league position, and get to the quaters or semi's of the cup that might change.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Keith, hope you are ready for tuesday aha. I am looking forward to the game but still very nervous. Hope it's not too cold :p

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Its the sort of game which if it had happened a month ago I would have been a bit more confident of us getting something. But Utd have really kicked into top gear now, and with it being at Old Trafford I would expect them to edge it. But you just never know, if we can nick a point and keep the unbeaten run going I will be delighted.

Prediction 3-1 to Man Utd.

Enjoy the game Prodigy, but not too much Ha, Ha.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Torres looks to be going to Chelsea for more than £50m now.

Liverpool have signed Suarez and have agreed a fee for Carroll: £35m.

Killz

Reaction score
Torres is really quite the judas in this scenario but it is NOT just him that pulls this nonsense. Unfortunately in the current footballing climate no-one in the EPL has any loyalty (and why should they?), everyone has their price and I'm not totally sure players care where they play, just wherever gets them the most money.

I'm genuinely intrigued to see where Torres fits in the Chelsea team.

I actually think we, Liverpool, did business AS good as Chelsea acquiring Torres because we signed a good, young English player and we haven't had a player of Carroll's style for years now. He will be a good foil for the potentially ready made replacement, Suarez. If Suarez takes to the league like Torres did and Carroll carries on being an excellent big man striker we could have a strike force FAR more potent than the 1 man up top system we played with Torres in the side.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Well I had a great night last night as I went to Old Trafford for United's premier league game against Aston Villa. It was a great game and though the scoreline suggests otherwise Villa played quite well and bought the game to us. It was nice to see Wayne back to form and the way he took both goals was with great class and a lot of good touches ect. Also the Vidic goal was nothing short of awesome and was a great link up between him Rooney.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Chelsea really really don't want to finish fourth this season. Torres is an awesome player but that is a bucketload of money. How much of that does the actual player get? I wonder who will be moved from the starting line-up at Chelsea since Torres will start for them.

Carroll I don't know that much about. I have seen his record and it is impressive but is this guy worth that much money? I mean Suarez was bought for much less than that and he is an incredible player.

I saw highlights of that match last night Prodigy and it was a very good win. Great seeing Rooney back in form and Vidic's strike was incredible. Bent scored again continuing to prove his worth.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Newcastle are laughing to bank on the Carroll deal, the only thing is they gave themselfs no time to cash in and bring in a replacement, so they are taking a gamble that they will have enough to stay up and then invest in the summer. Carroll has had a good season so far, but there are many question marks over him, like his tempent, and if he can stay fit. I would have Torres over him any day even a inconsistant Torres like we have seen this season.

I would like Delglish take Liverpool forward, but I am not convinced he is the right man for the job at this stage.

As for last night, yeah I think when you conceed at Old Trafford in the first minute it is always going to be a up hill task. But we came back quite strong in the second half and Bent scoring again is a plus. Anyway Fulham at home on Saturday is a more important game for us right now.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Big night tonight with eight matches and with the table so close every match has become a make or break match. I am interested in seeing Blackpool vs Everton, teams that are in a similar position on the table but will have started the season with much different expectations. Blackpool will be reasonably happy that they are where they are whereas Everton will be desperately wanting to get back into the top ten. Cahill is back I believe for Everton which will be a huge boost for them.

The big match is tomorrow though when Chelsea face Liverpool. Torres will debut and I assume that Carrol will debut as well. Lots of new faces and I assume that at least one of the three new big names, Torres, Carroll and Suarez will score.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Big night tonight with eight matches and with the table so close every match has become a make or break match. I am interested in seeing Blackpool vs Everton, teams that are in a similar position on the table but will have started the season with much different expectations. Blackpool will be reasonably happy that they are where they are whereas Everton will be desperately wanting to get back into the top ten. Cahill is back I believe for Everton which will be a huge boost for them.

The big match is tomorrow though when Chelsea face Liverpool. Torres will debut and I assume that Carrol will debut as well. Lots of new faces and I assume that at least one of the three new big names, Torres, Carroll and Suarez will score.

Carroll is injured, he can't play... unfortunately. :frown:

Dod Draper

Reaction score
CHELSEA RENT BOY, HELLO HELLO

Beat the plastic club that is Chelsea 1-0 and made a mug of Torres. Brilliant day. Liverpool looked a lot better than a Chelsea side which is on the way down. Victory never tasted sweeter. :D