(Potential Spoilers) Game Appreciation Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Hi all,

I'd love to know any games you have played that you have a great appreciation for. It doesn't have to be the most graphically insane game or most innovative. Any game that has a place in your heart such as story telling, made you cry, changed who you were, blew your mind graphically for the time or details in the graphics. Anything.

For me, I have a few.

The Best Story telling game of all time for me was Red Dead Redemption 2. I admit I cried at the end. It got me. 200hrs spent with the same character and even horse. The game just got me, and I was so invested, couldn't watch any TV, movies while in the process of completing it because my life became that game. I only played the campaign once because it always feels too soon to play it again even though it's been years.

Firewatch another game for storytelling and transferring my mind to another universe. The game is short and basically a walking sim, but beautiful animation and graphics and a story that I needed to find out what happens. Not a major release and probably flew under many radars, but if you have the chance, I'd give it a go.

Uncharted 4. This was my 1st proper Uncharted game I completed (I dabbled at the 1st 20 mins or so of UC1, but not much). This game again took over. Every time someone mentions it, I want to redownload it and play it again. When I got a PlayStation 5 earlier this year, the 1st thing I did was buy the Remaster and play it again. From Nathan's witty humour to a pirate story (I love pirates) this game was not just a campaign but an experience for me.

Hacknet. A PC only game where you basically hack into servers and PC's (All in game don't worry) and try and restore good (possibly bad things) all to do with hacking. The UI is very cliché, but if you are interested in this sort of tech and hacking, then this game is fantastic. It's not overly complicated, but with the support of Steam Workshop, there are hundreds of custom-made stories to play through. The campaign is very interesting, not just hack this node for no reason.

A mobile game I've always loved is a series called "The Room" essentially an escape/puzzle game expertly made (don't expect IAP and Adverts) it is a couple quid for each game but the level of detail and puzzles are quite fun. There is a plot and story running throughout, but I've never taken notice, just love the games for what they are. The graphics are brilliant too, bearing in mind the 1st game came out like 10yrs ago. (The Room has had PC releases and I believe Switch)

There are so many games I could mention in this thread, but I'd be here all day. Love to see some suggestions and your opinions.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
In recent times, I consider Bloodborne to be a masterpiece and one of the best games I've ever played. That gothic atmosphere is absolutely incredible, and there is so much variety between the bosses and different areas in the game. Exploring the game world was an absolute treat, there's so much attention to detail in it.

All-time, I could go on forever but I'm very fond of the early survival horror games like Reisdent Evil/Silent Hill. Easily the most scared/anxious I've felt playing through games. Halo 3 and COD4 are some of my most fondest FPS games and I really enjoyed playing Multiplayer on those. Open world, it's Rockstar and I'm obsessed with Vice City and San Andreas. Played them an absurd amount of times now.

Story wise, I think the first Last of Us was one of the games that personally really moved me. Especially the opening which hits you like a truck in the emotions department. I also really enjoyed the dynamic between Joel & Ellie. Still one of the prettiest looking games I've played as well, it blew me away with the visuals, even on the PS3.

• Love
Reactions: Lackin