(Potential Spoilers) Current plans for Wrestlemania's two top matches

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

Going into last night's No Way Out Pay-Per-View, there was a lot of uncertainty regarding what top matches will take place at WrestleMania 25 on April 5th. Following the event, we've received new information regarding a possible RAW-brand main event. At No Way Out, Edge dropped the WWE title (to Triple H) only to win the World Heavyweight title later in the night. With two Smackdown stars holding WWE's two top belts, something's gotta give. According to a source who was backstage at the PPV, here's the current plan:

WWE Champion Edge will be keeping the World Heavyweight championship on SmackDown. Triple H. With the recent feud between Randy Orton and the McMahon family, Triple H is expected to move to the RAW brand with the WWE title to defend the honor of his wife, Stephanie.

There has been talk of WWE finally acknowledging on-air that Stephanie and Triple H are married and it will be revealed that Triple H is the person Stephanie has been talking to on the phone on RAW for the past few weeks. This will set up Randy Orton vs. Triple H for the WWE title at WrestleMania.

source-24wrestling.com

----------

thoughts?

This Guy

^^I've been saying this for weeks already...though I still think Edge will end up on Raw when its all said and done after Mania.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Yet another HHH/Orton? Eh. They should at least get Batista back, assuming he's healed enough, and play on Legacy/Evolution. Bringing up Evolution isn't very original either, but it'd add SOMETHING to what is otherwise a rerun.

Marvel26

Reaction score
When watching the SD! Chamber match last night, I thought that a HHH/UNdertaker feud for WM would be pretty decent!

Now, hearing these plans, I think it is quite good, even if we do see Orton Vs HHH again!

Wordlife

ya know I'd still rather see Cena/Orton, HHH/Taker

Looks like it might not happen :(

CenaMark54

So the never ending feud continues. If this is accurate, I don't know why the WWE always insists on putting Orton and Triple H together. Its not like they consistently put on five star matches together. I don't even think they work that well together. Their feuds have always been somewhat lackluster.

I can see them recycling Cena vs Edge just because their prior feud was epic.

To me, Orton vs Cena makes the most sense. There is so much unfinished business. Also, we have never seen Edge vs HHH in a one on one fued.

Either way, I'd still buy the PPV. I'd buy any PPV where the four guys fighting for the top belts are Cena, HHH, Orton, and Edge.

noumenon

This whole situation is turning into one of those crazy action movie where the plot twists about 80 times in the last 15 minutes of the movie....

I must say though, I really get a kick out of Edge. No matter what they do they can't get the fucking title off this guy for more than a few moments...fucking priceless. He's the anti-Cena...LOL.

But anyway, Mania has SO many possibilities right now.

HBK is freed up from JBL now (presumably) which could set him up for the originally rumored feud with Taker...

OR we could see a possible heel turn by HHH if Edge heads over to RAW and we could get HHH/Taker at mania.

OR we could see the aformentioned possibility of HHH heading over to RAW to feud with Orton.

The only combination I'm going to rule out in this whole thing would have to be that of Orton/Edge. I really don't see WWE going for a heel vs. heel title match at mania. Although I'm sure it would be an incredible match...not gonna happen.

The only problem I have with HHH headed over to RAW is that he would be doomed to remain as a face. He's getting really stale as it is. HHH staying over on Smackdown would allow for a much needed heel turn.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Fuck that, John Cena out of the RAW main event? How the hell? I'm pissed after last night, lol, I have no clue whats going to happen. I'd say Triple H gets involved to defend the honor of his wife on next week, when Randy Orton RKO's Steph this week. John Cena wins a big match next week, earning himself a title match at Wrestlemania against Triple H, but Triple H wants Randy, leading to a triple threat.

But that was done last year, so that cant be done this year. I'd be upset if they made Orton go against Triple H again this year.

I don't know whats up with RAW at all, but here's what I think will happen for SD!'s new WHC. John Cena is upset for losing, and starts going over to Smackdown! to regain what was his. Cena turns semi-heel, and Edge starts losing heelness. The two get a match thats been long in the making, and Orton, and HHH continue their storyline. Having two interpromotional main events, and then following 'mania we have a Unification match.

Wishfull thinking.

The Rated R CMStar

...but not in back to back Manias.

Meh, seeing how the scenarios have changed like 5 times, I'll rather just wait and see. Besides, they should announce the main events for Mania on this week's shows.

Reaction score
Thoughts?

Well, I was close. Most of you certainly sought to tear me to shreds for even contemplating Randy Orton vs. Triple H. In fact, most of you blew a fuse when I mentioned superstars switching brands just for WM.

Axis

Just because it is now looking to be about to happen doesn't mean that it is still just as Blue.

MikeRaw

Yet another HHH/Orton? Eh. They should at least get Batista back, assuming he's healed enough, and play on Legacy/Evolution. Bringing up Evolution isn't very original either, but it'd add SOMETHING to what is otherwise a rerun.
Firstly, it isn't really a rerun. It has a different twist. Before it was just for the title. This time would be better. HHH would be defending Stephanie, and it'd be focused on that, instead of the title.
Besides, like I've said many times. When there's only like 10 main eventers, of course some shit is gonna be repeated.
I have no problem if they do that. I agree, Batista in it would be coo, but he's injured. At least this way it's fresh (if it happens), because it incorporated the whole feud Orton's had for the past two months going, and at the same time, gives him a title shot too.