WrestleMania Possible WrestleMania Spoiler

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Superstar-Category_Superstar_562x408_asuka.png

So apparently, WWE made a whoopsie and a few people caught it before they deleted it. *tisk tisk*
--------------------------------------------

WWE teased Asuka challenging Alexa Bliss on social media when noting her appearance at the MSG house show yesterday, then deleted and changed its phrasing before posting an article saying she will "obviously remain focused on her NXT title defense" during WrestleMania weekend. This has led to obvious speculation.

The smart thing to do if this had been the plan, would be not to do it because a lot of people are expecting it now. She can go on to beat Goldberg's single match record this way as well.

Do you think that we will see Asuka at WrestleMania?

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
This is very interesting...as there are all kinds of rumors swirling around the Empress of Tomorrow at the moment...
~ Her upcoming title defense against Ember Moon...
~ Filling in for Naomi on SmackDown house shows...
~ Possibly beating Goldberg's undefeated streak...
&
Now this...

Honestly...while I love the idea of her making her main roster debut on the biggest stage of all...I can't see the
WWE going through with it. It just sounds too exciting and spur of the moment for their current style of booking.

Now if I had to guess...the SmackDown women's title will be defended in a 6 Pack Elimination Challenge Match
with Alexa, Becky, Nattie, Mickie & Carmella being the only competitors confirmed...if Naomi is ready she'll get the
6th spot...if not...more than likely it will go to Eva Marie or Tamina.

I could see Asuka debuting the SmackDown after Wrestlemania...but...the WWE may want to wait until the draft
and keep the belt on Asuka until then.

Plus...this is the WWE...Luke Harper worked RAW house shows before suddenly showing up at No Mercy (mainly
due to Erick Rowan being injured) so while its cool to speculate...the truth is...sometimes the WWE decision making
process seems like its controlled by a senile old man.

Wait...it is isn't it?

Honestly...if I had my way...Asuka would be drafted to SmackDown, kick the current champion in the face, win the
belt and then hold it for 500+ days...all the while looking like a Goddess while doing it.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
This would be cool. If Asuka ends up on Smackdown, she shold get a Charlotte type push and be the top female

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
A debut at Mania or post-Mania? As long as she's part of SmackDown, it is a-okay in my book. :bodallas:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Doubt it. Stuff found on Twitter is as credible as stuff found on cable news. And this is the kind of thing that shouldn't be spoiled like this...

Obviously ain't complaining if it happens!

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Doubt it. Stuff found on Twitter is as credible as stuff found on cable news. And this is the kind of thing that shouldn't be spoiled like this...

Obviously ain't complaining if it happens!

It was on Instagram ashley :brock5:

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
I'm not really a fan of Asuka (her Brock Lesnar booking and lack of mic skills puts me off) but SmackDown needs more women. And Asuka vs. Becky/Mickie/Nikki could be fun matches.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'm not really a fan of Asuka (her Brock Lesnar booking and lack of mic skills puts me off) but SmackDown needs more women. And Asuka vs. Becky/Mickie/Nikki could be fun matches.

She's Japanese. You can't really expect her to talk like The Rock or Stone Cold considering she's been in the company for like a year and a half.

She's charismatic, though. And a lot of Asuka's charm comes from her facial expressions and the way she moves.

Plus, her not talking much is perfect in my book, she's more of a silent killer, an ultimate badass that doesn't need to talk and simply kicks ass.

So, with that said, hopefully she debuts on SmackDown and gets booked as strongly as in NXT.

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
She's Japanese. You can't really expect her to talk like The Rock or Stone Cold considering she's been in the company for like a year and a half.

She's charismatic, though. And a lot of Asuka's charm comes from her facial expressions and the way she moves.

Plus, her not talking much is perfect in my book, she's more of a silent killer, an ultimate badass that doesn't need to talk and simply kicks ass.

So, with that said, hopefully she debuts on SmackDown gets booked as strongly as in NXT.

I cant give her a pass for being Japanese, ultimately she's in an English speaking company, largely performing in English speaking countries now. Not being able to adequately converse in English seems silly.

Her booking is a big detriment too me, like all the other women look like shit compared to the unstoppable Asuka, and she never puts anyone else over. Last thing the poorly booked 50/50 SmackDown women need is an unstoppable beast tearing through them all and making them all look even more useless.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I cant give her a pass for being Japanese, ultimately she's in an English speaking company, largely performing in English speaking countries now. Not being able to adequately converse in English seems silly.

Her booking is a big detriment too me, like all the other women look like shit compared to the unstoppable Asuka, and she never puts anyone else over. Last thing the poorly booked 50/50 SmackDown women need is an unstoppable beast tearing through them all and making them all look even more useless.

Personally, I don't find it silly, 'cause people will need time to adjust when they're in a new environment. So, I guess we can agree to disagree on this one.

As for her booking in NXT, I don't mind it. It's been a while since a women's wrestler has been booked like Asuka, so when someone (Ember Moon, most likely) finally dethrones her, that person's going to get a huge rub and it's going to be a big deal. That's how I look at it anyway.

Can't comment on her main roster booking 'cause it's yet to happen, but you could be right, but you could also be wrong. We'll see.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Asuka's working SmackDown live events tonight and tomorrow night. Interesting.

Hopefully that means she'll wind up on SmackDown.

Reactions: ¡Tranquilo!

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Even though she'd have no competition on SDlive after three-six months I'd rather her there than on RAW. I have faith the SDLive writers will keep her credible and interesting.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Makes me wonder what it is you want, if a dominant champion and a 50/50 division are both "problems".
Not trying to knock your post or be an asshole, but wonder what your point is. :)

Anyway I reckon it's another girl they can save until the episode after Mania to beef up that show, but with Mania looking pretty light on the mark-out moments category, this would certainly be a benefit to a card. After that, we'll see.