Possible Photos Of Brocks New Ring Gear

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
With Taker possibly not wrestling again or next year Mania, he should give Brock Lesnar his gloves.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Because Taker is obviously an experienced MMA fighter whilst Brock has never worn a pair in his life.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
With Taker possibly not wrestling again or next year Mania, he should give Brock Lesnar his gloves.

taker will be around for many more years to come and WWE don't mind him working only a mania match. Lesnar would have better mma gloves anyway.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Honestly, it looks good and all for pictures, but in the ring...eh, it's iffy. I think his old trunks would just be fine.

Also, I think he's gonna wear gloves just for his opponents safty. Pretty sure he has those babies registered as lethal weapons.

Reactions: 1 person

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Honestly I'd much prefer he stick with his old trunks, but I guess how this attire looks on him in the ring depends on what his in-ring will be like. If he's basically the same Brock, this will look akward. If he goes for, say, a more pure wrestling style like Angle or Swagger or implements his MMA repetoire into his wrestling offense, then this would be a very nice touch.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It will look a bit odd when they are in the ring wrestling but it makes sense that they are making a clear link to his MMA past.

With these photos could they simply be a photo shoot that he did rather than it being his actual inring gear?

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
hate the product placement.also i feel he needs to wear wrestler gear not mma gear.theres no reason his clothing line couldnt make him some wrestling gear.

Aniking

Reaction score
I don't like it. First thing I thought was that he looks silly. Surprised the majority of you actually like it. Just expected more of a mixed reception for it tbh.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Lesnar's Ring Gear WWE Deal
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that when Brock Lesnar debuts his new in-ring wrestling gear, it will indeed feature MMA-style sponsor logos such as "Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches."

The report notes that a wrestler featuring outside logos on his ring gear is an unprecedented move in WWE, so it appears that Lesnar has a very unique contract worked out with the company which will allow him to showcase the ring gear.

In related news, WWE officials were said to be very pleased with how the Lesnar pre-taped promo came off on Raw last night.

Wow. I wonder what Lesnars' contract is like if he is allowed to put outside sponsors and what not on his ring gear. Rarely if ever has a guy been allowed to do that I believe. But good that they're using his MMA past with his current WWE run. Also, after Lesnar wins, will Josh Mathews get in the ring and interview him like Joe Rogan does?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like the idea of letting him have outside sponsors because it continues to blur that line between work and shoot. They are keeping his current character very close to what he was like in UFC where he didn't care who he offended all he wanted to do was beat people up and win. Would be a nice touch if they have Josh Matthews do an inring interview with him, even after a beatdown to get his live thoughts right after it happened.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I hear UFC & WWE have good relations with each other so having the sponsors and such really benefits the fact WWE is using him as an UFC fighter. To me that's a good move because most people of recent will only know Lesnar from UFC and the older audience will know him from WWE.

So it's a good blend to me in all honesty, I too loved Lesnar's promo. Makes me wonder why he wasn't that good on the mic back in the days.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He has had a lot more experience since his last run, it has been eight years. Plus when he first came to WWE he had one of the best talkers in the business, Paul Heyman, do his talking for him so we didn't hear that much of him early on.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Product placement is not unprecedented in the WWE by any means. They've got away with doing no-commercial Raw's before by doing the exact same thing, just not on the wrestlers' ring gear. Quite frankly, I wish they would do things like this more often to shorten those commercial breaks at the very least.

The only thing that makes this situation a little different is these are Brock's sponsors, not WWE's. And Brock was reintroduced to the WWE under an MMA-esque facade much like Ken Shamrock was, so it's no surprise they are willing to work with Brock to maintain that image. I don't see anything wrong with it at all.