possible Japanese wrestlers in future

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Neilslam

Reaction score
hey all,

so the WWE is interested in Kazuicha Okada, but he isn't interested in them. therefore, I
have a few ideas who the WWE should go after as alternatives. this is based on matches
I have seen on Youtube. which would you say is the likliest candidate?

Hirohashi Tanashi
Hiroyoshi Tenzan-been in US before (WCW)
The Great Muta-been in US before (WCW, NWA, WCCW)
Togi Makabe
Toru Yano
Masahiro Chono-been in US before/technically American
Hiroki Goto

here we are. in descending order, which one/couple have the best chance of winding up
in the WWE?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I really don't know if any of them have any strong chance of ending up in WWE, but I tell you, I'd LOVE to see Toru Yano in the WWE. He'd actually fit in pretty good in my viewpoint. He's sort of done everything he can do in New Japan... I mean, it's not like his character really has range. He's not going to become IWGP Champion... at least not as long as the company has any semblance of sanity. I think he'd be interesting in WWE. Not really sure how likely it is though.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Shibata. Because I want to see Shibata vs Cesaro, Shibata vs Rollins, etc.

It ain't happening, though. Oh, well.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I'm going to run them through with reasons why they are unlikely.

Hiroshi Tanahashi - About as unlikely as Okada. Dude does not want to leave Japan and does not want to work for WWE. The biggest name in Japanese wrestling for the past decade.
Hiroyoshi Tenzan- 44 years old and approaching retirement, body breaking down.
The Great Muta- 54 years old and has problems walking due to his knees being held together with glue. Working a WWE style schedule would probably put the man in a wheelchair.
Togi Makabe - Same as Tenzan, 44 years old and his body is catching up with him.
Toru Yano - Doesn't give a fuck and doesn't want to wrestle full time. Successful business man outside of wrestling
Masahiro Chono-been in US before/technically American - Retired.
Hiroki Goto - Does not want to leave Japan and Vince would probably be unsuccessful in trying to sway him with money considering he is a shoot millionaire and heir to one of Japan's biggest tech companies.

Japanese wrestlers that are likely to get signed by WWE are most likely juniors/cruisers. Because that's where Vince sees their ceiling 9 times out of 10.

Neilslam

Reaction score

Hiroshi Tanahashi - About as unlikely as Okada. Dude does not want to leave Japan and does not want to work for WWE. The biggest name in Japanese wrestling for the past decade.
The Great Muta- 54 years old and has problems walking due to his knees being held together with glue. Working a WWE style schedule would probably put the man in a wheelchair.
Togi Makabe - Same as Tenzan, 44 years old and his body is catching up with him.
Toru Yano - Doesn't give a fuck and doesn't want to wrestle full time. Successful business man outside of wrestling
Hiroki Goto - Does not want to leave Japan and Vince would probably be unsuccessful in trying to sway him with money considering he is a shoot millionaire and heir to one of Japan's biggest tech companies.

Japanese wrestlers that are likely to get signed by WWE are most likely juniors/cruisers. Because that's where Vince sees their ceiling 9 times out of 10.

well, given the clips I've seen are from 2004-10 or so, the most recent being 2014-5, the fact that Chono is retired and Tenzan is
nearing retirement doesn't surprise me. in fact, WIKIPEIDA said that the 2016 G-1 CLIMAX or whatever would be Tenzan's last.
as for Makabe, apparently he doesn't sell anything ergo, he's always injured. I'm surprised Muta's still wrestling. I remember when
he started in World Class Championship Wrestling and that was in 1982-4. that's 30 years ago. my fantasy dream card had John
Cena vs Chono in a "Battle of the STFs" and Kevin Owens against Toru Yano in "Battle of the Douchebags" (wink) oh well.

Stopspot

Reaction score
well, given the clips I've seen are from 2004-10 or so, the most recent being 2014-5, the fact that Chono is retired and Tenzan is
nearing retirement doesn't surprise me. in fact, WIKIPEIDA said that the 2016 G-1 CLIMAX or whatever would be Tenzan's last.
as for Makabe, apparently he doesn't sell anything ergo, he's always injured. I'm surprised Muta's still wrestling. I remember when
he started in World Class Championship Wrestling and that was in 1982-4. that's 30 years ago. my fantasy dream card had John
Cena vs Chono in a "Battle of the STFs" and Kevin Owens against Toru Yano in "Battle of the Douchebags" (wink) oh well.
Makabe doesn't sell because he is injured. He just refuses to sell because he is a bit of a dick.

Mutoh wrestles approximately 5 matches per year and does the bare minimum.

Neilslam

Reaction score
Makabe doesn't sell because he is injured. He just refuses to sell because he is a bit of a dick.

Mutoh wrestles approximately 5 matches per year and does the bare minimum.
so I guess he's Japan's answer to the Undertaker. there's your once a year SUMMERSLAM match
UNDERTAKER vs THE GREAT MUTA. Last Ride and Tombstone vs Fireball and Green Mist. (wink)

Stopspot

Reaction score
so I guess he's Japan's answer to the Undertaker. there's your once a year SUMMERSLAM match
UNDERTAKER vs THE GREAT MUTA. Last Ride and Tombstone vs Fireball and Green Mist. (wink)
Nah. He's the Japanese version of a bad businessman

Neilslam

Reaction score
I was thinking, for the ladies, how about Aja Kong or Io Shirai? maybe Hiroyo Matsumoto or
Hikaru Shida as well. I saw online that Shida got a tryout and she has beat Asuka a number
of times. I saw a clip of Asuka and Matsumoto. Asuka gave her a nice stinkface but it wound
up being a draw. I say Io Shirai because I think sister Mio is retired and now refing.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I was thinking, for the ladies, how about Aja Kong or Io Shirai? maybe Hiroyo Matsumoto or
Hikaru Shida as well. I saw online that Shida got a tryout and she has beat Asuka a number
of times. I saw a clip of Asuka and Matsumoto. Asuka gave her a nice stinkface but it wound
up being a draw. I say Io Shirai because I think sister Mio is retired and now refing.
Oh lets not even talk about the women. Womens wrestling politics in Japan are a absolute nightmare.

Neilslam

Reaction score

I was just watching NEW JAPAN last week and it was a repeat of the 2016 G1 tournament. appearantly, a couple of knocks are he isn't always motivated and
he supposedly chokes in "the big game".