Possible Injury to Christian

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
We obviously don't have full confirmation on this yet, but we've received two reports that Christian suffered some sort of leg injury at today's WWE house show in Brussels, Belgium.

Joreon sent the following recap of the apparent injury:
"I attended tonight's Smackdown house show in Brussels, Belgium and we witnessed a possible legitimate injury to Christian in his match with Sheamus. I did not see what caused it but very early on in the match Christian was down holding either his knee or ankle. After shortly consulting with the referee he got up on one leg, took Sheamus finisher while standing on one leg, was pinned and then had to be helped to back by the ref and another guy which I assume was a trainer. The match was cut way short because of this and it seemed like Sheamus tried to make up for it by staying longer then usual after the match talking to fans at ringside and signing autographs and taking pictures."

Hopefully this was a minor injury and they were just taking it safe by stopping the match early. If he does have to miss time then they should give his Survivor Series spot to Brodus Clay.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
This will hurt if Christian won't be at Survivor Series. I'm a huge fan of his and I was looking forward to seeing him when I go the 20th. He brings so much to the table and SD needs him a lot. Hopefully it's minor because this could be a big loss.

Reaction score
I really hope he has only just tweaked his leg and will be ok by Survivor Series. He only came back at the start of the year, so another injury already would be a shame and will set him back a long way. Smackdown needs as much star power as it can get and Christian is a big part of the show and is finally starting to get somewhere after his Orton burial.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Hope that it´s just a minor too. I´m a huge fan of Christians. He must be at Survivor Series!

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Hope it's not too serious, if it's minor Christan will likley just work through it.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I think it would be smart not to work him much, or at all until Survivor Series, if it's only minor. He can't risk an injury, but Christian is a work horse, so he might fight through it, but it could make it worse.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
WWE star Christian has left the European tour due to the injury he suffered yesterday against Sheamus in Belgium. We have heard it is either a sprained or broken ankle.

On his Twitter account Jim Ross just wrote the following: "As I understand it Christian did not break his ankle while on tour."

Good news that it isn't a break but still serious enough to pull him from the tour. They should keep him out of the ring before the PPV to give him the best chance to heal up.

Deuce

Reaction score
I thought I'd comment on this, Christian IS injured and will not be participating in the tag match. I'm disappointed but it happens, we will be seeing Dolph Ziggler taking his place.... not that I'm happy he is the one they chose to take Christian's place but I can't say I'm upset.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like how they have kept Christian involved in the storyline. On Smackdown he came to the ring on crutches and got involved in the mainevent. Nice way to keep him in fans minds especially since he should only miss a few weeks.