Porkchops's Movies/Specials that scream Halloween

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Since we are just weeks away from the one of the scariest days of the year and alot of rotten teeth. I am going to create my list of things that says this is Halloween that includes movies and TV Specials (not that there are to many of them). I am starting to compile my list now and will start to roll them out when I get a definite number and some honorable mentions along the way So far I am looking at a top 15 list.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Re: Coming Soon: Porkchops's Movies/Specials that scream Halloween

Alright a quick update my list now contains 25 and a healthy list of HMs.

So without further adieu her are some HM's to get the palette wet.

Idle Hands

Idle-hands-logo.gif

[video=youtube;JcnTnewZcLM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcnTnewZcLM[/video]

A goofy movie that has a few young actors that we all love now like Jessica Alba and Seth Green. The movie is pretty comical but has has all the elements of Halloween as people die and come back to life. If this is a movie you have not seen go watch it.

The Frighteners

decover.jpg

[video=youtube;PhA3IO-HdTs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhA3IO-HdTs[/video]

A great little film with Michael J Fox who is a conman that eliminates ghosts from houses with his own ghouls that help him scare the families. Unbeknownst to him a serial killer comes back from the dead killing people and etching numbers in their heads that on he can see. This is a fun film that has some great moments and ghosts everywhere, plus fucking Ermy who owns as a drill sergeant ghost that will please ( for those who don't know who he is think the Geico commercials).​

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
25. Shaun of the Dead

shaun_of_the_dead.jpg

[video=youtube;JF4EyXhZudo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF4EyXhZudo[/video]

To me this is one of those movies that you can watch at anytime but it has a special feel during the Halloween season. You have a dork Shaun and his friend Ed who end up in a Zombie Apocolypse. Shaun can't do nothing right as he has lost his girlfriend his flatmate wants to throw out his friend and he gets red on his shirt. It is a rollicking good time. If you have not seen this film please do so today. The Zombies make for good costume Ideas, I prefer to dress up like Shaun with the headband and a bunch of red on me, good to go.

24. The Fly

movieclue228.jpg

[video=youtube;flGCik0MMKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flGCik0MMKo[/video]

A very eccentric scientist who works on human teleportation but instead due to a little pesky insect begins to turn into a giant bug himself. Geena Davis and Jeff Goldbloom make up a pretty decent cast that grabs you and pulls you into this flick and you too can dress up like the fly on Halloween to scare the kids when they come to your door for candy.​

Honorable Mentions

Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight

TalesfromtheCryptDemonKnight.jpg

[video=youtube;6OssUeer57A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OssUeer57A[/video]

Hello Kiddie's it's me the Crypt Keeper here. What says halloween more than Mr. Crypty himself and this is not that bad of a movie either. You have all kinds of demons and people fighting it out for supremacy. Headlined by Billy Zane, Jada Pinkett and that dude from Die Hard 2. So get your skulls out and enjoy. Ha, ha, ha​

Castiel

Reaction score
So much awesomeness already! Demon Knight looks fun, I believe it's on Netflix too! First things first though, I need to go rewatch Idle Hands!

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
So much awesomeness already! Demon Knight looks fun, I believe it's on Netflix too! First things first though, I need to go rewatch Idle Hands!

Demon was fun and it is on netflix. Idle hands is one of those films you can watch over and over again and not get tired of it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

Hocus Pocus

hocus_pocus_aff.jpg

[video=youtube;7QBYYEhtzVY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QBYYEhtzVY[/video]

Well it's not a scary movie but it shows up every year on TV about 500 times during October so it get in by default. It's really not that bad of a movie but it has it's dull moments. Plenty of witches for the kiddies to dress up as for halloween. Bette Middler and Sara Jessica Parker are witches who are on the prowl (Sad part is neither of them need make up to look like witches).

sleepy_hollow.jpg

[video=youtube;nYHt8SdUj-U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYHt8SdUj-U[/video]

I know Fuji is not fond of this film but it has everything that screams Halloween. It has a headless horseman that uses pumpkins for its head and its dark. Plus it has Christopher Walkin in it. More Cowbell anyone.

HM of the day:

Hollow Man

hollow_man.jpg

[video=youtube;4Eec1AEq2rs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Eec1AEq2rs[/video]

A group of scientists embark on an journey to create an injection to make you invisible. They succeed and can not change the guy back. They create a fake face and he goes crazy. Kevin Bacon and Elisebeth Shue star in this. Its a great action flick and if you want you can make your own Hollow man mask for Halloween.​

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I just bought The Frighteners on Blu Ray, haven't had the chance to check it out yet but the movie itself is awesome. Love Idle Hands too, but then again who wouldn't? Outside of Demon Knight (which features Billy Zane's best performance outside of Sniper) my favourite in that bunch is easily David Crononberg's remake of The Fly, a film that remains one of the great love stories disguised as a horror picture.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I just bought The Frighteners on Blu Ray, haven't had the chance to check it out yet but the movie itself is awesome. Love Idle Hands too, but then again who wouldn't? Outside of Demon Knight (which features Billy Zane's best performance outside of Sniper) my favourite in that bunch is easily David Crononberg's remake of The Fly, a film that remains one of the great love stories disguised as a horror picture.

The Fly was really good and I love the connection with Gena Davis and Goldbloom (since they did a few movies together in the 80's) I believe this Fly was a remake if I am not mistaken.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The Fly was really good and I love the connection with Gena Davis and Goldbloom (since they did a few movies together in the 80's) I believe this Fly was a remake if I am not mistaken.

Yep, its a remake of a Vincent Price/David Hedison movie from 1958, but I'd say its actually better than the original.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I never saw the original and always loved the first one and the second one just seemed like they were trying to cash in on the success of the remake to me

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The second one in the 80's is awful. I'm pretty sure its Eric Stoltz (fresh off of his Mask performance) playing Goldblum's son. It's just a cheap cash-in with no substance at all. Thankfully I haven't heard of any other Fly remakes in the pipeline, but I won't be shocked if another one pops up in the next 10 years.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
The second one in the 80's is awful. I'm pretty sure its Eric Stoltz (fresh off of his Mask performance) playing Goldblum's son. It's just a cheap cash-in with no substance at all. Thankfully I haven't heard of any other Fly remakes in the pipeline, but I won't be shocked if another one pops up in the next 10 years.

don't say those things they always come true when you make those predictions.

And for those who are reading tomorrow will be ghosts and crazy guy.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
21. Poltergeist

Poltergeist.jpg

[video=youtube;5ytjaMfoF2M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ytjaMfoF2M[/video]

The great Poltergeist film that made ghosts a pretty scary thing. Starring everyone's favorite coach Craig T. Nelson and a cute little girl who gets haunted by the ghosts and destroys almost everything, just glad that Speilberg decided not to add aliens to this film as he almost always does, yes I am looking at you Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Well with this film you can decide if you want to cut up a sheet and be a ghost for this Halloween.

20. The Shining

shinning.jpg

[video=youtube;2TVooUHN7j4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TVooUHN7j4[/video]

Here's Johnny. One of the best performances of Jack Nicholson's career right here. You have one crazy son of a bitch here on a murder spree. I believe to this day that the hotel/mansion that they filmed this in is still up for sale as they have had a hard time selling it, idiots. I would buy it if I had that type of dough laying around. For those who have not seen it you better check it out.

Honorable mentions of the day

Ghostbusters

ghostbusters.jpg

[video=youtube;d-sALU_hveA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-sALU_hveA[/video]

Not really a horror film but plenty of laughs and who would not want to chase and capture ghosts like them. Bill fucking Murray, Rick Moranis, Dan Akryod, and Alien killer Sigourney Weaver make a great movie about ghosts and killing Stay Puft. There is plenty of costume Ideas here. Watch it if you have never seen this.

Stir of Echoes

stir-of-echoes.jpg

[video=youtube;pC5OU5Y5ReY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC5OU5Y5ReY[/video]

Kevin Bacon again folks. In this one he gets hypnotized and tries to figure out what the hell he is seeing and totally fucks up his house in the process and solves a missing person/murder in the process. We also get to see a young Jennifer Morrison in this as she is the dead girl before she went all house on us.​

Check back tomorrow as I unveil another selection that might have you seeing red and green and something that likes to take our form.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Good call on Stir of Echoes, I haven't seen it in awhile but I remember liking it a lot. I'm pretty sure I have tomorrow's movies figured out but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I always loved Stir of Echoes and actually forgot about it until I threw up Hollow Man and it crossed my mind.

It has enough suspense elements to it and has a decent story to go along with it, I actually could not figure out the end until they revealed it and then I smacked myself because when I rewatched it could see where they were giving it away, guess I was to into the story.