• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JustusSalem

Jobber
Reaction score
So I maybe the only one on here to say this, but I don't really like Pokemon Sun and Moon. There are only two things I like about the games, one of those is getting rid of HMs and replacing them with the Ride Pager and the other being the new region being based off Hawaii, which I think is great. One of my complaints really come from the fact almost every couple of minutes there is more dialogue about the story, which I think the story is beyond weird and off the wall, and some useless information. The trials are okay, but I miss the Gyms. There isn't as many Pokemon to catch as previous games, and there wasn't a lot of new Pokemon that were added compared to others, and the post game is okay. Before, anyone starts to comment saying I am Gen 1 fanboy, my two favorite Pokemon games in the series are Soul Silver/Heart Gold and Black and Black 2/White and White 2, I see Black/White as the main games and black 2 and White 2 as DLCs or cut content really. I also didn't like X and Y nor did I like ORAS.

Off topic, a little bit has anyone else heard of the Pokemon GO being the first Pokemon in the Pokemon game series. If you are interested in it click here.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
So I maybe the only one on here to say this, but I don't really like Pokemon Sun and Moon. There are only two things I like about the games, one of those is getting rid of HMs and replacing them with the Ride Pager and the other being the new region being based off Hawaii, which I think is great. One of my complaints really come from the fact almost every couple of minutes there is more dialogue about the story, which I think the story is beyond weird and off the wall, and some useless information. The trials are okay, but I miss the Gyms. There isn't as many Pokemon to catch as previous games, and there wasn't a lot of new Pokemon that were added compared to others, and the post game is okay. Before, anyone starts to comment saying I am Gen 1 fanboy, my two favorite Pokemon games in the series are Soul Silver/Heart Gold and Black and Black 2/White and White 2, I see Black/White as the main games and black 2 and White 2 as DLCs or cut content really. I also didn't like X and Y nor did I like ORAS.

Off topic, a little bit has anyone else heard of the Pokemon GO being the first Pokemon in the Pokemon game series. If you are interested in it click here.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
So who is who exactly in that response.

You = fans

me = EC3.

But for me, I feel as though they mixed up the formula for the better. The totems actually can have some challenge and are an interesting change of pace. The new Pokemon, while not as much as some other generations, as a whole, are a solid bunch and I enjoyed all members I used on my team. The story for me, isn't a problem and sure at first I was like "man...a lot of cutscenes" but seeing characters like Lillie, Hau, Gladion and others develop and a lot of side characters having their charm, I felt like I was literally on a journey like the anime. The cutscenes I felt really immersed me in the game. If anything, I think it is the best story as a whole for a Pokemon game. The story reached a satisfying solution, Hau, although annoying at first, grew on me near the end and I actually liked whenever he would go on my screen.

Also, I enjoyed the game as it had a degree of a challenge at times which wasn't present in most cases in X/Y and ORAS. Like except for the first and last totem battles, most of them I had some of my team faint before I took out the totem mon. Especially with the grass one, even with Salandit and Charjabug, I had to re-attempt it three times. Even big villain during the climax was a pain in the tail and the final trainers fainted a chunk of my team.

You can have your opinion dude, but "I disagree." For me, they were enjoyable games, probably the most I enjoyed out of a Pokemon game and I am looking forward to enjoying the post-game and raising up some Pokemon to battle my friends and battling some of the peeps on here.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I don't like any Gen 7 Pokemon, none of them. Hoping I don't lose my love for the competitive game as a result.

Reactions: JustusSalem

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
And why does the UI have to be so obtrusive? When it notifies you of a pokemons ability, it's just in the way.
Also, some move animations and sounds have gotten noticeably worse. Swords Dance, Dazzling Gleam...
Too much of a shift in competitive battling with all these new abilities. Gen 6 metagame was perfect. :mj:

JustusSalem

Jobber
Reaction score
You = fans

me = EC3.

But for me, I feel as though they mixed up the formula for the better. The totems actually can have some challenge and are an interesting change of pace. The new Pokemon, while not as much as some other generations, as a whole, are a solid bunch and I enjoyed all members I used on my team. The story for me, isn't a problem and sure at first I was like "man...a lot of cutscenes" but seeing characters like Lillie, Hau, Gladion and others develop and a lot of side characters having their charm, I felt like I was literally on a journey like the anime. The cutscenes I felt really immersed me in the game. If anything, I think it is the best story as a whole for a Pokemon game. The story reached a satisfying solution, Hau, although annoying at first, grew on me near the end and I actually liked whenever he would go on my screen.

Also, I enjoyed the game as it had a degree of a challenge at times which wasn't present in most cases in X/Y and ORAS. Like except for the first and last totem battles, most of them I had some of my team faint before I took out the totem mon. Especially with the grass one, even with Salandit and Charjabug, I had to re-attempt it three times. Even big villain during the climax was a pain in the tail and the final trainers fainted a chunk of my team.

You can have your opinion dude, but "I disagree." For me, they were enjoyable games, probably the most I enjoyed out of a Pokemon game and I am looking forward to enjoying the post-game and raising up some Pokemon to battle my friends and battling some of the peeps on here.
Okay, that is great you disagree I expected like Ninety-Nine percent of people to disagree with me and I am happy you enjoy them, but I can't because they don't have the same spark as Pokemon games use to. Totem Pokemon are a kinda cool concept and even the ability for them to call in help is a nice concept, but when every Pokemon in the game can do it, it doesn't seem that cool and becomes annoying. Z-moves are meh, and that was even my feeling towards mega evolutions. The past couple of games' story has always bugged me because it from an evil organization who want to steal Pokemon and sell them for profit to let's destroy the world and recreate it in our imagine or whatever generic thing they want and now alternate universes and ultra beast, I have began to lose interest because it went from a game of you a ten-year-old who is on an adventure to become the Pokemon League Champion to now you must save the universe from who/whatever because they want to destroy it. Again that is my opinion on this game and if you enjoy it good for you, and please by all means enjoy it, tell people how great it is I don't care, but I think they aren't going to be a lot of people who will speak about the negatives of it. Also, why did you quote "I disagree"?

JustusSalem

Jobber
Reaction score
And why does the UI have to be so obtrusive? When it notifies you of a pokemons ability, it's just in the way.
Also, some move animations and sounds have gotten noticeably worse. Swords Dance, Dazzling Gleam...
Too much of a shift in competitive battling with all these new abilities. Gen 6 metagame was perfect. :mj:
I wouldn't say Gen 6 meta was perfect, but it was pretty close. Also, don't forget that in Gen 7 now Gengar lost Levitate and now has Cursed Body, Talonflame was nerfed, and some abilities and moves have been altered and nerfed.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
THIS IS WHY WE'RE NOT FRIENDS, HAU.

At least he's showing douchebag equality and not just stabbing me in the back

Maybe a glitch with Primarina?

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Alright, so I've finally finished Sun (or extremely close to it), so here's my new top 8 for favorite pokemon games

1. Black and White 2
2. Sun and Moon
3. Black and White
4. Heart Gold and Soul Silver (plus GSC)
5. X & Y
6. Fire Red and Leaf Green (plus RBGY)
7. ORAS (plus RSE)
8. Diamond Pearl and Platinum

For any gen 4 fans out there, on the bright side, I think Sinnoh has the best pokemon out there, and like, 5 of my top ten favorite pokemon are Sinnoh... just the games themselves suck... hopefully the eventual remakes can do something cool to change my mind