• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Player's Tribune: "I Have Some Things to Say, Please Read" - MJF

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I noticed someone posted this in the AEW thread, but I think it deserves some attention. Before MJF defends the AEW world title in his hometown, and before the "Great Bidding War" of 2024, MJF has posted this article on the Player's Tribune. Here's the article here.

Some topics include his his thoughts on "Workers Rights" and by that I mean AEW's impact to wrestling, joining the company, people he owes thanks to, top title defenses, and some of his future, admitting it is up in the air (also a mini-rant about him being Jewish and the importance to him of his faith while dismissing zionism) . I think regardless, this is a bit of a love-letter to AEW where it either allows him to get some things off his chest and show some love to the company that made him, or if he leaves in the new year, a thank you and a sign of support to the company no matter what happens.

And genuinely, I think with the toxicity at times with tribalism, it's a positive message.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Definitely got the vibe that it could either a thank you for everything if he leaves or him just showing love to a company that has given him a lot.

I was 100% sure he re-signed. Now I’ll say 95% just cause this could be a graceful way to say goodbye. But either way, I think he drops the belt tomorrow and takes some time off to heal before embarking on whatever his future holds.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Definitely got the vibe that it could either a thank you for everything if he leaves or him just showing love to a company that has given him a lot.

I was 100% sure he re-signed. Now I’ll say 95% just cause this could be a graceful way to say goodbye. But either way, I think he drops the belt tomorrow and takes some time off to heal before embarking on whatever his future holds.

He's absolutely deserves a break after his title is dropped, even just a couple months.

Reactions: Cwalker

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Broke kayfabe.......fuck this 5' 8" ft midget bacne back fuck.

• Wow
Reactions: Butters

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I think people thinking this is a goodbye is not something I agree with at all and if anything reinforces his stay ( along with the deafening silence of the reporting around his ''free agency'' ) but crazier things have happened.

good article, lots of good points. I love how much he puts over mox y2j danielson and the elite