Plans For Dana Brooke To Become The "Roman Reigns" Of The Divas Division

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Drag

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Sources: Wrestling Observer/Ringside News

More speculation than anything at this point, but big, if true. Vince is reportedly high on Dana Brooke and there's plans for her to split up and feud with Charlotte sooner rather than later.

I personally don't mind this but with many looking for the "Top Diva" role to go to Banks or Lynch, I'm interested on people's thoughts on this should it come to fruition.

Although having been on the main roster for only a few weeks, Dana Brooke is already being put in high regard when it comes to WWE's management, including the chairman Vince McMahon himself.

According to Ringside News and Dave Meltzer from The Wrestling Observer, the WWE is planning to have Dana Brooke and Charlotte eventually split after a their brief time together, resulting in a fresh feud new for Brooke and her first step into elevating her character within the company.

Originally to become a partner for Emma after her debut attacking Becky Lynch in a backstage skit, those plans have unfortunately been put to a halt due to Emma having suffered a ruptured disc at a house show and requiring surgery, which will put her out of action.

Currently, the idea backstage is to build her up to become the “female Roman Reigns” of the company, with plans for her to hold the WWE Women's Championship in the foreseeable future.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Well, if Meltzer said it, then it must be true. :eek:tunga:

Although, taking Dana's looks into account, it wouldn't be hard to believe Vinnie would try and make her the "Roman Reigns" of the women's division someday. Meh.

Sasha and Becky >>>

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
That's a bone headed decision, in my opinion. I have no problem with her being a top female star, but she shouldn't be the female star. I think Charlotte or Sasha Banks should be the big stars. Charlotte has the athletic and in-ring abilities and she can draw heat very well. Sasha Banks is highly talented, despite the ungodly amount of botches at WrestleMania, and she is immensely over. Becky Lynch and Bayley can be good candidates, but I like Charlotte and Sasha more.

Drag

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
That's a bone headed decision, in my opinion. I have no problem with her being a top female star, but she shouldn't be the female star. I think Charlotte or Sasha Banks should be the big stars. Charlotte has the athletic and in-ring abilities and she can draw heat very well. Sasha Banks is highly talented, despite the ungodly amount of botches at WrestleMania, and she is immensely over. Becky Lynch and Bayley can be good candidates, but I like Charlotte and Sasha more.
In general I dislike the idea of "THE top guy" since that gets stale very quickly. Whilst I like Dana and think she deserves to succeed as much as anyone else, there should be several top women to choose from.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
In general I dislike the idea of "THE top guy" since that gets stale very quickly. Whilst I like Dana and think she deserves to succeed as much as anyone else, there should be several top women to choose from.
Top guys are needed, though. There can be multiple stars like in the late 90s, but there needs to be a top guy to represent the talent, draw houses and in-general be the spokesperson for the roster. Angle, Taker, Mankind, Austin, Rock and Triple H were all stars that drew really well but Austin was the guy. He was the guy that was the face of the company. He represented WWE's product and was the guy that was banking in big business. If done right, WWE can get someone like that again - but they've seem to have forgotten how to make fans happy.

I think someone needs to be the poster child and the Womens division hasn't really had one since Trish and Lita left.

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
muh kawaii waifu Asuka should be in that spot tbh~

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Just like he told us Lana was going to be the female face of the company a few months back?

Drag

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Just like he told us Lana was going to be the female face of the company a few months back?
It's a rumor for a reason. Meltzer has been right and wrong several times. Just due to Brooke being the type Vince tends to get behind I thought it'd be interesting to share

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Fucking no, ew. I don't see the appeal of Dana Brooke at all. I have yet to see a good match with her involved, Sasha, Asuka, Becky, Charlotte, Bayley are all better than Dana imo. I hope this isn't true but knowing Vince, it is.

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
She should be the top star, with a little more work in the ring, she can become the biggest star they've had since Trish Stratus.. Dana will likely be the one to take the Woman's Title from Charlotte, as she should.. They're already building the story for that angle.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It's a rumor for a reason. Meltzer has been right and wrong several times. Just due to Brooke being the type Vince tends to get behind I thought it'd be interesting to share

Um, yeah that was sort of my point. You don't need to get defensive as I was not criticizing you, I was making a comment that indicated that regardless of what is said, it doesn't always come to pass. I never said it wasn't interesting or that there was anything wrong with you sharing it.

Drag

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Um, yeah that was sort of my point. You don't need to get defensive as I was not criticizing you, I was making a comment that indicated that regardless of what is said, it doesn't always come to pass. I never said it wasn't interesting or that there was anything wrong with you sharing it.
I know man, I wasn't being defensive. I was saying that yes, he is right and wrong and sometimes these things just end up being nothing but speculation or are in plans but don't happen. Ordinarily I'd give stuff like these a miss but this is somewhat believable given Vince's preference for bodybuilders and blondes in the past.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I know man, I wasn't being defensive. I was saying that yes, he is right and wrong and sometimes these things just end up being nothing but speculation or are in plans but don't happen. Ordinarily I'd give stuff like these a miss but this is somewhat believable given Vince's preference for bodybuilders and blondes in the past.

Oh sorry then, sometimes it is hard to tell online

Reactions: Drag

Drag

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen