• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Peacock producing Teddy Hart documentary, WWE not involved (nvm they are)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
teddy-hart-mlwjpg.jpg

Source: f4wonline.com

Dave Meltzer reported in this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Peacock is working on a documentary about controversial wrestler Teddy Hart that WWE is not on board with.

The documentary, tentatively scheduled for release this December, has nothing to do with WWE and that while they are aware of it, they "kind of warned people against participating," Meltzer wrote.

"One person who said they were warned by two companies, including WWE, about it being negative said he did it anyway. People interviewed noted they were digging deep into Hart’s past and there was a lot of questions about bad ex-relationships."

The 42-year-old born Edward Annis has had legal issues going back as far as 2014 when he was wanted on sexual assault charges brought up by two women that were later dropped.

He was arrested four times 2020 (three times in the first three months alone), the third coming after he was arrested in Virginia for strangulation resulting in bodily harm. In February that year, he was arrested for possession of a Schedule II controlled substance with intent to distribute and then was arrested several weeks later for violation of his house arrest.

In October 2020, he was arrested in Texas and charged with injuring a disabled person, evading arrest, and being in possession of a controlled substance. He was then arrested in February 2021 on the same charges, but in Virginia.

Hart hasn't wrestled since a December 2020 indie show in Michigan.

Last edited:

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Blumhouse? I would make a joke about why would a horror movie company make a doc about Teddy Hart, but...yeah

Deezy

DZ PZ
Teddy probably thought this would vindicate him. :lol

So when does he go all Jake Roberts after he saw Beyond The Mat?

Swamps

Space Cowboy
I saw the trailer to this the other day. Looks interesting. It's a shame all the potential this guy had.

I wonder if they will talk about the time he beat up CM Punk outside of a bar.