• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

What do you like more? PC gaming or console gaming? Personally, I like console gaming more because when you go out and buy a game, when you come home you can just pop it into your console and start playing, you don’t need to install it and then make sure you have all the system requirements and all that bullshit. Plus, consoles are made especially for gaming while PC’s are not.

So what do you think is better for gaming, consoles or PCs?

PeepShow

Meh, the installing part isn't what turns me away. Personally, it's the graphics, and the way you play. Now the games I've played just might have crappier graphics than others, but I was turned off by that specifically. Plus, I just personally like holding a control while playing. Feels like I have more control and it's just easier for me.

Hometown Kid

Yeah console wins out pretty easily for me there's more control in all aspects you have the stick to walk/run etc. instead of the arrow keys and unless you have a $5,000 computer made specific for gaming the graphics and slowdown will be a major pain in the ass.

C4

Console gaming is more suitable than PC gaming. On the other hand, 95% of the times PC gaming has more controls within the game itself and console games aren't very comfortable.

I enjoy playing on consoles such as Xbox and PS2 but nothing can top the games in your laptop or PC, since you have far better control on what you're doing. Doesn't matter if you've got to search through serials and install or whatever, at the end of the day it's all worth it.

the dark knight

Meh, the installing part isn't what turns me away. Personally, it's the graphics, and the way you play. Now the games I've played just might have crappier graphics than others, but I was turned off by that specifically. Plus, I just personally like holding a control while playing. Feels like I have more control and it's just easier for me.
i dunno what to say first...well, i pick PC gaming. you know why? for all the reasons dickrider mentioned.....which were supposed to be against pc gaming. DUDE, are you kidding me? graphics? console's better? RIGHT! check out crysis on an HD monitor with a 9800 GTX then come back here and post that again.

oooh and controls, pc's better. wanna know why? cuz you can get whatever fucking cloned-controller and use it there via USB...not just controllers, joy sticks and flight controllers too. oooh and wait, arent FPS and RTS games MADE for pc? pain in the ass to use controllers for them.

the only problem with pc gaming is ourselves. i dont see why anyone with a desktop should complain though, i mean, laptops cant be upgraded. but desktops can be upgraded every year so you could play any game at any level of graphics. and if you're gonna think about it financially, you can jack pc games for free off the internet instead of paying approx. $60 for them...

PeepShow

graphics? console's better? RIGHT! check out crysis on an HD monitor with a 9800 GTX then come back here and post that again.

That's a nice 1 game accomplishment.

the dark knight said:
cuz you can get whatever fucking cloned-controller and use it there via USB

Yeah, and less than 5% of the gaming population even knows what to do to clone a controller, so that's pretty pointless for most people.

the dark knight

That's a nice 1 game accomplishment.

Yeah, and less than 5% of the gaming population even knows what to do to clone a controller, so that's pretty pointless for most people.
idiot. its not just one game, compare the graphics from COD4, FIFA or any other game. try teh x360, ps3 and pc and see who wins. never thought you're that ignorant, sorry. and are you really a part of the gaming population? but ok, maybe you misunderstood. you realize that they sell dualshock-like controllers for pc right? they're exactly the same....except for these facts:
- they're for the pc...duh
- USB
- they're cheaper
- you can customize the controls for every game

check out logitech's stuff..

PeepShow

I own a logitech harmony remote for my hookups downstairs for things like TV, DVD player, PS3, Stereo and stuff. And know I didn't know they made regular dualshock controllers for the PC. Never seen them at Gamestop, so maybe that's why. Of course I don't shop for PC gaming stuff that often, so maybe that's why. I have gotten Far Cry, Tiger Woods 08, and some other game not too long ago for the PC, and Far Cry's graphics sucked more cock than Paris Hilton on Sundays. The ocean water was brown with black streaks in it. Like WTF. It wasn't right. And I own Tiger Woods 07 for the PS3, and it was way better than 08 for the PC. Just going by what I have seen. There might be some games that are far better on the PC, don't get me wrong, but from what I have seen, that's not the case.

Vandy316

Reaction score
console is better. im playing DK as an emulator and it might not be the same thing you're talking about but it is so much easier on the Nintendo. Same thing with Mario and Mariokart. ive never really played any games like COD or Gears of War on the PC though but i have no interest. it's just more comfortable

the dark knight

I own a logitech harmony remote for my hookups downstairs for things like TV, DVD player, PS3, Stereo and stuff. And know I didn't know they made regular dualshock controllers for the PC. Never seen them at Gamestop, so maybe that's why. Of course I don't shop for PC gaming stuff that often, so maybe that's why. I have gotten Far Cry, Tiger Woods 08, and some other game not too long ago for the PC, and Far Cry's graphics sucked more cock than Paris Hilton on Sundays. The ocean water was brown with black streaks in it. Like WTF. It wasn't right. And I own Tiger Woods 07 for the PS3, and it was way better than 08 for the PC. Just going by what I have seen. There might be some games that are far better on the PC, don't get me wrong, but from what I have seen, that's not the case.
dont think it was logitech who cloned dual shocks. anyway, its not the games, its your pc and the settings of the game. you know you can choose the graphics level right? get a geforce 9800 GTX, set the game to HIGH on an HD monitor...wait i said this before. seriously though, i dont like it when people talk about something they dont know jackshit about.

Reaction score
dont think it was logitech who cloned dual shocks. anyway, its not the games, its your pc and the settings of the game. you know you can choose the graphics level right? get a geforce 9800 GTX, set the game to HIGH on an HD monitor...wait i said this before. seriously though, i dont like it when people talk about something they dont know jackshit about.

Your telling him to buy all that stuff, how much would all that cost?
Im guessing, it would set you back abit ?

the dark knight

Your telling him to buy all that stuff, how much would all that cost?
Im guessing, it would set you back abit ?
wtf does cost have to do with anything? i hate it when people bring up price when comparing stuff. you can say i cant afford it, but dont say it sucks cuz you cant afford it.

pretty sure only .0001% of men in the world can actually buy a mclaren F1. does that change the fact that its the best overall performing production car in history? no.

put it this way, if you won a tournament or something, and got to choose the prize, what would you choose? a perfect gaming pc or a ps3/x360/wii? right.

and btw, all that stuff? what stuff? its not hard to build your own pc with a dual geforce 8800, a 4 GB ram, a 3.2 core 2 due procs and an HD monitor. a controller is optional. did you guys forget again that FPS and RTS games are made for pc? i still find it hard to play FPS games on consoles...and impossible to play RTS games on consoles.