Paul Heyman's thoughts on RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Paul Heyman even admitted that he wasn’t at the top of his game in the promo. Heyman pointed out a recent ESPN article that called him the person that defines the art of the promo and then said that his promo on Monday was the opposite of that. After a fan said that Paul Heyman is still the best, Paul Heyman thanked him on Twitter and said he will never run away from bad nights.

Video HERE (player wont load)

-------------

Not sure if anyone seen this but he basically shared the same views a lot of others on his promo. He admits that it was not as good as he has given and is almost apologetic of it. I am glad he can see what the fans did and is able to show that. Too many of them hide from mistakes or bad promos.

I didn't see the promo but based on what I read and heard, it did not sound pleasant.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yeah, that Heyman/Lesnar segment sucked. It must've been the first time that I disliked a segment involving those two.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
1st time I seen Paul at a loss for words :heyman3:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Ya know... I finally bothered to read the backstage scoopz on why this entire debacle became a thing... and have several little thoughts...

#1, the obvious one: Why did you not expect Brock to not get hailed as a hero in his hometown? You're begging people to chant GOLDBERG in the hometown of the Beast... but that's been covered ad nauseum

#2: Why did you expect Brock to get booed ANYWHERE? If Heyman wants to use this line, "he's not a good guy, he's not a bad guy, he's the BEAST!" If you put the guy in a squash match situation or against a dastardly heel, he'll be cheered because he's BROCK FUCKING LESNAR and he'll german you inside out and break your face open and it will rule. If you put him against an underdog babyface, he's automatically the heel because he is the ultimate odds for a guy like a Dean Ambrose to overcome. Either scenario works great. Goldberg is hardly an "underdog" - outside of from a "he's a 50 year old family man" now, which just kills the build - so I'd expect a lot of dueling "GOOOLDBERG/SUPLEX CITY" chants any other place you'd go. And there's nothing wrong with that...

#3: Why does it even matter if people cheer for one guy over the other? This is a chance to rewrite some pretty painful WMXX history. A clash of the titans, two giant rhinos locking horns and wrecking shop. It's a spectacle you're selling, not "ooooh I totally want Lesnar to get his ass kicked!" Who cares if you don't get Goldberg chants lol

#4: Since when did you even care about getting the right reaction? You've talked for years about how "ahhh the Cena booing really doesn't matter, people will either watch to support Cena or watch to see him get beat. Either way it works" when in fact it didn't. And after spending all year doing everything in your power to get heel heat on the babyface Roman Reigns, NOW you care about the "right guy" getting cheered, over a guy who you've done nothing to get heat on since WM30?

#5... then why have the segment in the first place? If it wasn't really going to establish anything other than get some Goldberg chants going, we've seen that less is definitely more with Brock. We saw it with the house show match with Big Show, where after Beast in the East got huge buys, they decided to actually BUILD up the MSG show, and all it did was make the buyrate WORSE, because it felt like another PPV match. When you make everything feel like a big deal, nothing feels like one. (reference this PPV tonight). It's best to leave these guys off the show except for a couple of times. Go ahead and have Goldberg destroy Bo Dallas remind the audience how fun those Goldberg squashes are. Have Bo talk next week about how he wasn't ready or some crap before Lesnar runs down the aisle and barrels over the guy. Staredown, get your video package footage, boom. Done. Goldberg's debut left a fantastic impression, and you better have something that can top that if you want him in another promo segment.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
All I can think of is how much Bork La$er
got paid to stand there and do nothing...
He didn't wrestle or talk, but he drew in a crowd. That's the biggest thing you can do in wrestling. You can put on a 5* wrestling match or promo, but if no one watched, it's useless. Brock's mere presence is enough for him to "do".

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
So...let him stand around and do nothing...that seems fair to all the other full time workers
who actually put an effort in...

Bork La$er is a waste of money and space and the sooner WWE cuts him loose the better...
I don't think you understand the concept of a wrestling attraction. They were almost exclusively used as big show bait back when wrestling was more regional. Guys like Andre the Giant, Ernie Ladd and Big John Stud were hardly full time workers. They didn't need to be either, because their presence was enough to make their worth known. Any full-time wrestler that can draw the viewers, and money that Lesnar (or any of those attractions did) deserve to be put in the same category. Otherwise, Ironically, those full time workers (a majority of them) don't pull in half the audience or reel in half the money that Lesnar does, and he "stands around and does nothing". You can say that it's unfair to the touring roster, but it's down to business, which is what pro-wrestling is.

And I think you have their relationship backwards. WWE needs Brock Lesnar more than Brock Lesnar needs WWE. WWE won't let go of Lesnar, until Lesnar himself no longer wants to do anything with them. And Lesnar won't leave because he's making big bucks while he makes big bucks for WWE.

Basically, Lesnar makes a lot of money for WWE, so no-matter what he does, he'll be a boost to business.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I don't think you understand the concept of a wrestling attraction. They were almost exclusively used as big show bait back when wrestling was more regional. Guys like Andre the Giant, Ernie Ladd and Big John Stud were hardly full time workers. They didn't need to be either, because their presence was enough to make their worth known.
I understand that times change and the days of Andre & John Stud are long gone.
You can say that it's unfair to the touring roster, but it's down to business, which is what pro-wrestling is.
I think its fair to say most pro-wrestling fans are blind to the facts when it comes to Bork La$er.
I personally don't care if he's a "draw" He's an overpaid, lazy, part-timer who does not deserve
the praise and respect he gets.

I understand its a business...a business that exists to entertain its fans...Bork La$er, in my opinion
in not entertaining. Back in the day....he was...but now...he clearly doesn't care
And I think you have their relationship backwards. WWE needs Brock Lesnar more than Brock Lesnar needs WWE. WWE won't let go of Lesnar, until Lesnar himself no longer wants to do anything with them. And Lesnar won't leave because he's making big bucks while he makes big bucks for WWE.
No...their entire relationship is backwards...and very, very sad.

Look...the simple fact is I think Bork La$er is a waste of time and money. I don't like the
guy and I never will. I won't watch his matches, listen to Heyman talk for him or give a
damn what he (Or Glodberg for the record) do.

I would rather spend my time watching talented performers who actually give a damn
about entertaining the fans and telling a story...instead of watching some UFC washout
slowly walk around the ring german suplexing everyone because that's the only move
he can be bothered to do.