'Partying could have cost me my life,' admits Serena Williams

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
TMNT (spoiler warning)

poster1_large.jpg

What I expected: A cartoony kid's movie that butchers one of my favorite childhood memories.

What I got: Total awesomeness.

First, I will give a small plot summary. It may be spoiling a tiny bit, but most of this set up in the beginning anyways. Either way, the plot is very predictable and typical, so you really won't be surprised by it.

Okay, so 3,000 years ago a South American warlord and his 3 brothers and sister are trying to take over the world. He finds out about some magic portal that gives power and as he opens it 13 monsters from another dimension enter our realm and the warlord is made immortal, but his price for that is his 4 siblings are all turned to stone. The only way to reverse this curse is to send all 13 monsters back into the portal 3,000 years later.

Cut to present day. After the defeat of the Shredder and the foot clan, crime in New York city has dwindled to small time crooks. Nothing big. So the turtles let the police do their job for once. Donatello runs a computer tech support phone line. Michaelangelo plays "Cowabunga Carl," a ninja turtle mock, at kid's birthday parties. Leonardo was sent to the jungles of South America at the behest of Master Splinter to learn to be a better leader, but has stayed longer than expected. And of course Raphael does nothing but complain.....or so they think. Unknown to everyone, Raphael is the new vigilante in town, the Nightwacther. He almost looks like Master Chief from Halo with his costume on.

Well, April O'Neil (who has now herself become trained in the art of the ninja) runs an artifact selling operation with now boyfriend Casey Jones (the kick ass dude with the mask). While on a trip to South America to retrieve a statue (yep the last f the stone guys mentioned earlier) for a rich business owner (the immortal warlord), she runs into Leonardo and convinces him to come home....just in the nick of time.

Raphael, now teaming with Casey Jones refuses to be led by Leonardo. Meanwhile, four living stone statues are fighting monsters all over NYC, and cross paths with the turtles, and the reborn foot clan, but who's siding with who.

That's as far as I'll go on the plot. Now I got to mention that the way people are animated in this s rather cartoony.....it's just like The Incredibles. BUT.....everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, else looks spectacular. The turtles, statue guys, foot clan, monsters and the settings are incredibly awesome looking. There is a scene where Raphael (as the Nightwatcher) fights a small monster that is incredibly funny, which is followed by the best scene in the movie. Leonardo hunts down the Nightwatcher and they fight (Right after Raphael defeats the small monster), even after finding out it is Raphael, they continue the fight.

l_752bcd7d8441c2e33d03abccfd461bca.jpg

l_0c95ea55f9d430661a9d26b1ac2c34a4.jpg

l_558b528ab6a0d074c07e94f0bee976cd.jpg

There are some negatives about the movie. There is too much subplot introduced that they don't deal with (which is why I absolutely hated King Kong, they had a 3 hour movie that didn't even cover all of the introduced ub-plot).
-The Raph and Leo rivalry needed to go deeper.
-The foot clan needed to show more hatred towards the turtles.
-Casey and April needed to be more "involved," (With the exception of an argument while they were driving away from one the monsters, and a kiss at the end, you could hardly tell they were anything more than two people who knew each other).
-Donatello and Michaelangelo have very small parts in this movie, which isn't really all that bad. Donatello doesn't do much anyways (maybe they'll kill him off in the sequel....just kidding), and Michaelangelo is really just comic relief, so he fills his role well.
-And then, as I mentioned before, the main plot is very predictable and the "bad guys" have very 2-D personalities.

Anyways, I give this movie a good rating. 8/10 I suppose. Maybe 7.5. Either way, it was pretty good...especially since it was rated PG

Wrestling Station

thats true, this cartoon was one of my best during my childhood. Im looking forward for watching the movie.

Extreme917

Reaction score
Maybe I should actually go see this movie.

MelGreat

Reaction score
I think this will be cartonny but maybe I should see this movie, I doubt I will though.

Reaction score
The original cartoon from the early 90's rocked, but i'll prob just get this dvd from netflicks when it comes out.

Kairi

Reaction score
Speaking at a press conference during the Aegon International tennis tournament in Eastbourne yesterday, Serena revealed the graphic detail of her ordeal as she underwent surgery to remove a blood clot on the lung.

Williams, 29, said: 'It has been a totally different road because I've had some serious health problems and I was literally on my deathbed at one point.

'The doctors said that I had several clots bilaterally in both lungs. They said if they had caught it two days later, it could have been a lot more serious, possibly career-ending.
'A lot of people die from it because you don't recognise it. I couldn't breathe. I honestly just thought I was out of shape and needed to get on the treadmill or hit the elliptical (cross-trainer).

'It was my physio who forced me to go to the hospital whereas I was actually on the way to a party. She said, "No, you need to go to the hospital". I'm glad I didn't go to that party.'

The blood clots formed during Serena's recuperation from a second operation on her right foot, lacerated by glass in a restaurant in Munich last July, an event which is still shrouded in mystery in spite of this explanation.

The gruesome nature of some details hides the unanswered riddle of how broken glass on the floor could rip through sandals and into Serena's toes, one of them from above.

'We were leaving the restaurant, I was walking and then I felt something. I just stepped back and said, "Oh, that really hurts". There was a massive pool of blood. I was like, "Oh my gosh".

'I ended up fainting because I lost so much blood. I ended up getting stitches in both feet. One was on top and one was on the bottom of my other foot. It sliced right through my ligament. I didn't know that, I just knew that my toe was hanging low.

'The second surgery on my foot was way tougher than the first, especially mentally. More mentally tough than anything I have been through in my life outside of my sister's passing (her eldest sister Yetunde Price was shot dead in 2003).

'I was in a cast for 20 weeks. I'd rather have been in jail for 20 weeks because I really hated that cast. Having your foot in one position so long, not moving it, not being able to walk or do a lot of things caused a lot of the problems.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That is crazy but glad that it seems like she is gonna be alright.