Parks and Recreation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This show is on NBC and has aired three seasons for a total of 46 episodes.

I have only seen the first season which lasted six episodes and I was wondering if it was worth getting the second season on DVD?

The first season was okay and since the DVD was less than $10 it was worth getting but season two is $30 and I am not 100% sold on the show. I really like the characters of Tom, Andy and Ann but the others I all have issues with. Leslie Knope, the main character, is basically an idiot and is a bit over the top. Mark'ss character is really weird and the storylines for him don't make much sense in the first season it is like they changed their minds half way through. His acting isn't too good either. Ron tried too hard to be the arsehole and just didn't hit his lines to make it funny. Like I said I really liked Tom, Aziz Ansari is awesome in this role, and this is easily the best character. Ann and Andy work really well together and Andy is hilarious as well.

How is the second season different from the first? Do they change the direction of the characters and is the performance better?

Anyone else watch the show?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
There was a great DVD sale on the other day and I picked Season 2 up for basically nothing. I am glad I got it in the end because this season is much stronger than Season 1. It helps that they had 24 episodes to work with rather than just 6. The storyline ark this time was about filling in the pit and the process of trying to build a park on it. The relationships developed throughout the season as well and I liked the chemsitry between the group. Leslie is portrayed much better this season, she is shown to be a very hard worker and not an idiot like it seemed in the first season. Mark is a character I still don't like, the acting is just horrible and I didn't think he played his role well. Andy and Tom are hilarious and they make the show brilliant, they need to show more of them. Ann, April and Ron's characters get better this season as well.

So after a reasonably weak first season it picks up in the second and I recommend that people watch this show. It isn't the best comedy out there but it is very entertaining and worth the money.