Survivor Series Paige being added to Raw Women's Team

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Paige is just like AJ Lee. She was a decent worker in a division filled with bad workers.

I predict she's going to get heavily exposed with this ret
tbf, there aren't that many women on the current roster that are better than her either. Other than Sasha Banks and maybe Charlotte, the rest is able to keep up when needed to but they're also not through the roof. I'd say Paige is on the same level because she can keep up but she also won't put on a show like a Sasha/Bayley or Sasha/Charlotte

Lawd Of Wolves

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
..................meh. Good luck?! Hey btw, where's that emo kid who trying to be impressive by being "the lonely and misunderstood rock singer" and got so damn defensive about Paige over one of my gifs?? Paige I'mma need u to keep ur f**k buddies in line and off the forums.

200.gif
Firstly not an emo and not lonely either. I think you're just jealous of the fact Paige loves me and not you

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
how? She's the only woman who had legit great matches so far

*Match
She's had a great match. The only great match I've seen from her was with Becky at NXT.

I would not consider any other ones great.

Her two Iron Man matches weren't good. If two men had the same match, we'd eat them alive for having that kind of match.
The HIAC had nothing going for it either.
Also, her promo skills are plain awful. She's been a face for like, what, a year or so and every promo she cuts is like she's a heel. She fails to property convey what her character is, which is the main point of a promo.

She was good in NXT, I'll give her that. However, down there they have months to put matches together and cut the right promo. They have training wheels on. The main roster exposes you and shows what skills you actually have and Sasha has shown that she's much worse than I thought.

And I'm not even gonna go into her not knowing how to bump correctly or properly wrestle.

SWL

Hotshot
Reaction score
*Match
She's had a great match. The only great match I've seen from her was with Becky at NXT.

I would not consider any other ones great.

Her two Iron Man matches weren't good. If two men had the same match, we'd eat them alive for having that kind of match.
The HIAC had nothing going for it either.
Also, her promo skills are plain awful. She's been a face for like, what, a year or so and every promo she cuts is like she's a heel. She fails to property convey what her character is, which is the main point of a promo.

She was good in NXT, I'll give her that. However, down there they have months to put matches together and cut the right promo. They have training wheels on. The main roster exposes you and shows what skills you actually have and Sasha has shown that she's much worse than I thought.

And I'm not even gonna go into her not knowing how to bump correctly or properly wrestle.
yo, that's still by far better than anything the rest of the women have done. If you compare any womens match to the men, it's instantly over. Of course they still have the advantage of being the "underdogs" because people don't expect as much from them as out of the guys. But you can't sit there and tell me that Sasha/Charlotte, Sasha/Bayley or even Sasha/Becky, as you pointed out, aren't better than the rest of the womens matches. That is the peak of the womens division because it got huge reactions and praise from people in-and outside of the business.

Sasha's promos are another thing, I personally don't dig her as a babyface either because the gimmick just wasn't made for it but I know she does really well as a heel so it's just up to them to turn her again. On the other hand, there's probably a reason as to why they've kept her a face for this long now, and it's probably because she still gets a lot of good reactions. It's 1 thing to say that we dislike her as a babyface but to generalize it and say that she sucks as a babyface entirely, is a whole different thing. There are a lot of people who love her and support her, so in a way, it doesn't matter if her character makes sense to you or not, as long as she connects with most people in the crowd, it kinda makes sense

Reactions: Death Walker

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
The way I see it, Paige is being added as fodder for Smackdown. I think the survivors will be Nia and Asuka, Nia will win the title (Clash of Champions), then either at the Rumble or Fastlane Asuka takes it from her. Paige is just a stepping stone to make the two look really good out the gate

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Paige is just a stepping stone to make the two look really good out the gate
That is what I am thinking she is coming back for. They won't use her in any major way until she can be trusted again. Last time they put all their money on her (to take over AJ Lee as champ), she got caught up with backstage issues (including Del Rio) and just lost the plot. I never cared for her but hopefully she don't screw up again. They may end up putting a title back on her if she stays leveled.

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
yo, that's still by far better than anything the rest of the women have done.

Lmfao you're basically saying here, "yeah, she might be terrible but as long as she's better than most, it's cool."

Just because she might be better than most doesn't mean she's good.

But you can't sit there and tell me that Sasha/Charlotte, Sasha/Bayley or even Sasha/Becky, as you pointed out, aren't better than the rest of the womens matches

I never said that. Like, at all. I even said Sasha/Becky was great. It seems you're comparing Sasha to everyone else rather than looking at Sasha's work by itself.

That is the peak of the womens division

If Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte is the peak of the women's division, this revolution is fucked my guy.

Sasha's promos are another thing, I personally don't dig her as a babyface either because the gimmick just wasn't made for it

If Sasha is as good as you say she is, she would make it work. It's her responsibility to make it work. It's not my fault because I don't like it.

It's 1 thing to say that we dislike her as a babyface but to generalize it and say that she sucks as a babyface entirely

I dislike her as a babyface because she sucks at being a babyface.

it doesn't matter if her character makes sense to you or not, as long as she connects with most people in the crowd, it kinda makes sense

This is a cherry on top. You resorted to the "it doesn't matter what you think of it, as long as the crowd pops, brother" stance on this.

If that's the case, log off this website right now. Delete your account.

Because if my negative opinion doesn't matter because I'm not in the live crowd, then your positive opinion doesn't matter either.

SWL

Hotshot
Reaction score
Lmfao you're basically saying here, "yeah, she might be terrible but as long as she's better than most, it's cool."

Just because she might be better than most doesn't mean she's good.
Paige is just like AJ Lee. She was a decent worker in a division filled with bad workers.
well if we look back, you did nothing different here. You started this by comparing Paige to the bad workers back then and implied that she'd not do well with the "better" talent now. So I don't know.

This is a cherry on top. You resorted to the "it doesn't matter what you think of it, as long as the crowd pops, brother" stance on this.

If that's the case, log off this website right now. Delete your account.

Because if my negative opinion doesn't matter because I'm not in the live crowd, then your positive opinion doesn't matter either.
I hate it when wrestling fans do this. "My opinion is the greatest and whoever disagrees is a fucking moron". Good, have it your way. Sasha sucks and everybody else should boo her because you don't like it. Happy?
What I was saying was from a business standpoint and sorry if it makes sense to me that something that gets cheered and gets good reactions is ok to keep on television. I even said in my post that I dislike Sasha as a babyface as well, but I tried to see and describe things from a different perspective. It helps to understand why we are where we are

• Haha
Reactions: Ryan Blade

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
How's this thread being turned into a Sasha thread? I like her even less than Paige. :mad2:
Get this back on topic please. Feel free to make a Sasha Sucks thread in the General WWE section.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Firstly not an emo and not lonely either. I think you're just jealous of the fact Paige loves me and not you
And now we can add delusional to the list of his traits too, everybody. I can honestly say I'm not surprised at all.

200.gif