OVERRATED PRO WRESTLERS in WWE/TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rob34207

Reaction score
Not that you have to, but I focused on Charisma since so many are gifted in the ring and unnoticed. I didnt make 2 seperate threads for WWE and TNA wrestlers cause Im lazy.

Ok YTJ might be YTFlat because JBL has made more of an impact just standing in the ring doing nothing but raising his arm to fireworks every 2 minutes. JBL sadly uses that Wrestling God BS which keeps me from marking out to his talent. I like Jerichop back in WCW, but his first WWE run was overall stale in comparison. He is funny in those VH1 commentary shows, but does his huimor translate?! We'll see.

Santino Marella isnt overrated, but sureal that he's over so much. Santino Marella breaks the laws of physics its so surprising he's over! I like him. On the other hand Carllito is so overrated veterans weep. I dont care that his dad was Carlos Colon, but not since David Flair have I seen such a notice undeserved. Im critical, but most of us could act like Carlito to-a-t. Not much there to see, and him spitting that apple is like Jarrets guitar. Who cares.

Booker T is a physical phenom that hasnt found a true niche. Junkyard Dog in his day in his territory was as popular as Hogan, but not nation/worldwide like Hulk. I think Ron Simmons saying DAMN is more sizzle on promos than Booker T.

Matt Hardy - meh. At least in Jeff youre interested what he has to say, but Matt is kinda forgettable.

Coach is useless. Id rather see Shane or Teddy Long, and Im excited about Regal now. Vicky Guerrero is off limits outve respect for Eddie. Fire Coach and bring back + push Stacy Keibler cause she shouldnt have been in the ring anyway. In fact I might email somelone with that idea.

Kane. His first run with Undertaker was cool then aint worth a damn imo. Im so bored with him I cant think of anything else to say.

Vince is overrated as a performer. What an excellent example of exaggeration and overracting. If he spoke like a human being he could be sinister, but he'd fire himself if he wasnt him. ?!? I think thats right.

The Rated R CMStar

He rates highly Vince as a performer?

And to say Chris Jericho is overrated in charisma is just plain dumb.

jrock210

Reaction score
YJ hasnt had much of a chance to do much. Ya he wrestled some but he hasnt been on the show long enough to say whether he is overrated or not....he almost beat randy but was cheated out of it...hmmmm overrated? IDK about that...I want to see Shane O Mac do SD commentary instead of Coach

The Rated R CMStar

Well, this isn't his first run, so it is fair to say he isn't overrated, just by checking his past 1999-2005 run. But just by saying that his WCW run was better than his WWF makes Rob34207 argument highly disputable

the dark knight

Ok YTJ might be YTFlat because JBL has made more of an impact just standing in the ring doing nothing but raising his arm to fireworks every 2 minutes. JBL sadly uses that Wrestling God BS which keeps me from marking out to his talent. I like Jerichop back in WCW, but his first WWE run was overall stale in comparison. He is funny in those VH1 commentary shows, but does his huimor translate?! We'll see.
why do you care about the impact or crowd reaction? you're a fan right? you're supposed to care about how much the guy entertains you regardless of what all the others think. but i have to admit, face jericho with his stupid short hair isn't really interesting...but we'll see.

Santino Marella isnt overrated, but sureal that he's over so much. Santino Marella breaks the laws of physics its so surprising he's over! I like him. On the other hand Carllito is so overrated veterans weep. I dont care that his dad was Carlos Colon, but not since David Flair have I seen such a notice undeserved. Im critical, but most of us could act like Carlito to-a-t. Not much there to see, and him spitting that apple is like Jarrets guitar. Who cares.

agree with the santino part. i have no clue why everyone is high on him...yea, he's pretty funny sometime but thats all he can be, a joke. he can keep dreaming about getting in the midcard again if i was vince. as for carlito, again, i agree. got a shitload of fans and i dont see his GREAT TALENT. he can be entertaining when he's put in the right place but he's not thE future...we got kennedy, cm punk, morrison and maybe mvp for that.

Booker T is a physical phenom that hasnt found a true niche. Junkyard Dog in his day in his territory was as popular as Hogan, but not nation/worldwide like Hulk. I think Ron Simmons saying DAMN is more sizzle on promos than Booker T.

dont give a shit about all 3 of them. but yea, the DAMN is so fucking overused its starting to piss me off whenever he uses it.

Matt Hardy - meh. At least in Jeff youre interested what he has to say, but Matt is kinda forgettable.

HAHAHHAA exactly. i never wanna see him as world champ, never had the look. he was half entertaining in 2002 with his mattitude thing but right now, all he can do is get beat up in the ring and leave on a stretcher with all the fans cheering for him...BORING!

Coach is useless. Id rather see Shane or Teddy Long, and Im excited about Regal now. Vicky Guerrero is off limits outve respect for Eddie. Fire Coach and bring back + push Stacy Keibler cause she shouldnt have been in the ring anyway. In fact I might email somelone with that idea.

yea, stacey would be perfect for GM or announcer(lita was actually good). but you cant fire coach...too versatile imo and i like him. however, he did start to get boring since bischoff was taken out.

Kane. His first run with Undertaker was cool then aint worth a damn imo. Im so bored with him I cant think of anything else to say.

-___- ... .. he only became a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil bit boring after his feud with shane and its all cuz of the writers. they're booking him as a jobber now...over rated? abso fucking lutely NOT. he's still pretty good in the ring..

Vince is overrated as a performer. What an excellent example of exaggeration and overracting. If he spoke like a human being he could be sinister, but he'd fire himself if he wasnt him. ?!? I think thats right.

??????????

Reinvented

Reaction score
I agree with Matt Hardy being overrated but Jeff is also overrated. He gets a title shot because Triple H didn't want to win it at RR.

Kane overrated??? What when's the last time you saw him get anything from the WWE besides a huge "JOB" to BDV.

Santino and Carlito are overrated but so is the Hardys and people still seem to cheer them. Santino has really no future but mid card. Carlito can be world champ hell he was in that elimation chamber match that's when they should have pushed him. Instead they form a dumb tag team with Masters to face Big Show and Kane.

Rob34207

Reaction score
He rates highly Vince as a performer?

And to say Chris Jericho is overrated in charisma is just plain dumb.

No no no! I said Vince IS NOT a good performer, and did say Jericho has charisma though it hasnt transfered well to audience like it should. Imo of course.

Kennedy. Great worker, and needs to change up his gimmick. "KENNEDY!" he stops to a dead crowd heat - waits - "KENNEDY!" and everyones glad its over. Overrated for sure, but can talk. Needs a new niche.

The Rated R CMStar

With the Kennedy part, I agree. But as I have said before, not a complete change of gimmick. I think he has to go back to the Kennedy of SD, in which instead of just repeating his name in front of a crowd expecting for the face to come out and shut him up, he cuts a long, heel promo, like the ones in his feud with Taker and early last year with Batista.

And Jericho has more charisma than JBL, and is certainly more entertaining. I think the factor is that booking has been better with the WG return than with the Save_us story.

Rob34207

Reaction score
JBL can cut a promo though like nobodies business. Now thats OLD SCHOOL style of promo there! That wrestling god line is shit though.

Maybe its just me in regards to Jericho. I can admit that since nobody agrees.

Rob34207

Reaction score
(Big Sopranos sounding) AAAAAAAAOOOOOO! Whataya talkin about John Cena! He's an average worker, and the best looking (I aint fag) wrestler since Shawn Michaels, and his Charisma in current Pro Wrestlers is second to none! He's great!

-ahem- I disagree.

Khali is the most impressive looking wrestler like Andre and Sids lovechild, BUT DAVARIS GOT-TO-GO! Teach Arn arabic or somethin cause he looks like a substitute teacher out there! Call somebody that knows arabic and has worked more than 5 years and itll be an improvement. Better yet - dont! Have Khali babble whatever and Arn Anderson be his Assistant cutting his promos Enforcer style. The Assistant to greatness like he was with Ric! It'd fit with his career, and damn it would be ALOT better. Arn was oneve the best talkers until Austin and Rock came along. No Austin and Rock arent overrated.

John Cena....