Overlord's Grand Battle Royale (A Hunger Games/D&D-like Strategy Game)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
[Logo to be inserted later]

(Hopefully this is the right place to post this)
Hello everyone, this is something I've been wanting to try for a while and have thought out as much as I possibly could.
It might be a tad bit complicated, but my goal is to make it as interactive and strategic as possible.
(For reference, Die rolls done on this site: Roll A Die)

THE GAME:
Each participant in the game will be taking the fate of a wrestler/wrestling personality (hereby referred to as "talent") of their choosing into their hands. Be as specific about your talent as possible. So if you choose a variant and want Kane specifically from 2003, then state it as "Kane [2003]". If you want Mick Foley to specifically be Cactus Jack, then state it as "Mick Foley [Cactus Jack]". There will be no duplicates allowed, but any talent can be from a specific time period (ex: "Kane [2003]" or "John Cena [2010]"), use any of their gimmicks (ex: "Undertaker [American Badass] or John Cena [Doctor of Thuganomics]"), be affiliated with a stable they were in (ex: "Randy Orton [Evolution]" or "Edge [Rated RKO]"), a point in their career (ex: "Matt Cardona [Deathmatch]" or "EC3 [Control Your Narrative]") or from a title reign they had (ex: "Triple H [World Heavyweight Champion]" or Samoa Joe [NXT Champion]"). The championship one will account for anytime they held the belt mentioned. You, and the die, decide if they make it to the end and whether or not they win. If one person chooses Matt Cardona, then another person cannot be a separate Zack Ryder. If one person chooses Cactus Jack [ECW] then another person cannot be Mick Foley or any other form of him. The person is limited to being one talent, but they can be any form of that talent.
NOTE:
This is not strictly tied to only wrestlers.
If you choose to be Bobby Heenan, Justin Roberts, Michael Cole, Kayla Braxton or even Charles Robinson,
then that is fine as well. Any wrestling talent is eligible.
NOTE 2:
EVERY talent is different and will have advantages and disadvantages. Choosing a high level talent from the real world does not guarantee anything.

THE GAME WILL BE PLAYED IN CYCLES:
The Morning Preparation Phase where you decide how your talent will take on the day and what they will use/carry.
The Midday Action Phase is where all the magic happens. This is the part where anything and everything will happen to your talent.
The Night Resting Phase is where your talent will heal as much as possible, if they are able to. The condition of each talent is set in stone once the night phase is done and everything carries over into the next day.

DIE ROLLS, TRAITS/ABILITIES & INVENTORIES:
Everything will be randomly decided by the roll of a die (done by me). Who/what you encounter, how much damage you take, if there is a multiplier to that damage, your chances of succeeding in a task, etc. (1&2=Event, 3&4=Item Chance, 5&6=Match, 7&8=Non-match talent encounter, 9&10=Overlord's Choice)

How the matches work will be decided based off of the number of participants. So if we have 5 participants, and you get a booked match roll, then each talent will take up two consecutive numbers (because 5 x 2 = 10). The off chance there are enough people in the game, the amount of numbers on the die will increase.

The die rolls will be done in turns, each phase. If you are "booked into a match" another die roll will decide your opponent. There is a chance you can roll a "script revision" which means your match gets pulled and nothing happens. For this to happen, another roll is done after your opponent is selected and if it is seven or higher, then that is the script revision.
If you are in a "Match" with another talent, the higher number die roll wins the match. Another die roll decides how much damage is done.
(10 sided die, so number rolled is doubled for damage in matches)
If you are booked into a match when it is not your turn, you still get your turn whether you win or lose, but the damage, if you received any, carries over.

Each talent has a set of (given) traits/abilities that either help or hinder them in the game. The traits are always active but are used based on die rolls. Abilities may be used when wanted, but have a limit, unless you acquire an item to replenish some uses. Each talent will also have their own (given) inventory. The inventory will contain things either found during the game, given to them randomly at the end of each night or an item tied to their character/gimmick. This permanent item will always be equipped but only useable every other day once used. So if you use it day one, then you can't use it day two, but it refreshes day three. Items you wish to use must be decided during the morning phase, if they do not take effect during the action phase, they return to your inventory. The ability you want to use must also be decided during the morning phase and it will then be used during the action phase.

There will be chances to find items during the action phase, these will be "Item Contracts". In order to successfully "Sign" these Item Contracts, you will have to get a roll of higher than 5. So 1-5 = no item, 6-10 = item obtained. You will get two chances to get the item. There are positive items, negative items and double-edged items. Sometimes there may not be an item. Sometimes in place of an item, you will be dealt an effect (positive or negative will be random)

The healing done during the night resting phase is decided by a die roll. Whatever you roll, doubled, is how much you're healed. Unless an event, item or a Talent's trait/ability prevent you from healing that night.

The last Talent/participant standing at the end of the game is the winner and is crowned OGBR World Champion. The winner will defend their Championship in the next game or choose to vacate the Championship and sit out the next game and observe (or help me if I need it).

EXAMPLE TALENT:

Talent: Kane [2003] HP=100
Abilities:
Big Boot (ATK) - Extra 2 DMG [Unlimited]
Chokeslam From Hell (ATK)(FINISHER) - Extra 10 DMG [Uses=2/2]
Tombstone Piledriver (ATK) - Extra 5 DMG [Uses=5/5]
Corner Pyro (DEF) - Avoids 5 DMG from an event [Uses=5/5]
Taunt: Laugh (DEF) - Creeps out opponent, avoids 5 DMG from a match [Uses=5/5]

Traits:
De-Masked; Being mentally unstable, Kane [2003] has a chance to burst into a rage and damage himself during action phase.
(Die roll for chance, die roll for damage amount)

Devil's Favorite Demon; Kane can block incoming damage from a match. Maximum of 10 DMG blocked.
(Die roll for chance)

Big Red Machine; Negates/undoes all damage done during action phase.
(Must roll a 10)

Inventory:
[Permanent Item] Gas Canister - Kane lays a trap for another talent, which sets them on fire. Die roll decides amount of damage, minimum of 10 DMG.

If a 1 is rolled, Kane's trap fails and he receives the 10 DMG minimum.
(example acquired item) 1x MiTB Briefcase- "Cash-In" and automatically win a match.
(example acquired item) 1x Microphone - Pander to the Overlords and gain a different random item OR Use to distract opponent during a match and deal (5) Cheap Shot DMG OR Speak to audience and gain a Cheap Heat DEF boost for one future event, negating (5) DMG.

(example acquired item) 1x NXT Keg - You trip, fall and lose overness receiving (20) DMG, however your Permanent Item may now be used twice in a row until needing to be refreshed and returning to normal.
(example acquired item) 1x Kendo Stick - Deals (1) DMG the amount of times rolled by a die. (ex: roll a 5, deal 5 DMG in total)
(example acquired item) 1x Bed of Tacks - Overtakes item selection on next cycle, causes loss of ability use for one round.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STORYLINE START:
Sometime in the future, Vince McMahon's WWE and Tony Khan's AEW are the only surviving wrestling companies on the planet due to a global wrestling-related catastrophe. Now being the absolute and undisputed wrestling Overlords, they have decided to hold the greatest joint event of all time featuring any and all talent in the world, ranging across eras, gimmicks, periods in careers, etc. Due to future technology, they are able to set and track every talent's virtual health points, which they have set to a default of 100. If they see a talent's virtual health points reach 0, they will deem that talent as eliminated. Whichever talent is the last man standing in the Overlord's Grand Battle Royale will be crowned the OGBR World Champion.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any thoughts, comments, questions or suggestions, feel free to leave those down below.

-TO SIGN UP-

Forum Name:

Wrestling Talent:

Description of this talent (include explanation of the variant if you chose one):

Storyline Affiliation (Choice is not guaranteed): Vince McMahon or Tony Khan​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Forum Name: Chris

Wrestling Talent: 1993 Vader

Description of this talent (include explanation of the variant if you chose one): WCW Vader from 1993, think he was mostly the same all year while being the GOAT

Storyline Affiliation (Choice is not guaranteed): I don't have a preference here, do I need to pick?

Reactions: Nostradamus

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge

Description of this talent (include explanation of the variant if you chose one): WCW Vader from 1993, think he was mostly the same all year while being the GOAT

Storyline Affiliation (Choice is not guaranteed): I don't have a preference here, do I need to pick?
Nope, it will be assigned either randomly or as needed.

Reactions: Chris

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
This looks really interesting Jonny. I'm going to give it a proper read over and possibly sign up soon, I just don't know what kind of time commitment you are looking at for this. I do see a lot of it is randomly decided

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
This looks really interesting Jonny. I'm going to give it a proper read over and possibly sign up soon, I just don't know what kind of time commitment you are looking at for this. I do see a lot of it is randomly decided
Since it is done in turns, I may or may not impose a time limit. However there won't be disqualifications or anything, your turn would just be completely randomized/done by Overlord's Choice.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
This looks fun. So we just signup with a specific year and wrestler?

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
This looks fun. So we just signup with a specific year and wrestler?
Not necessarily year. So “Wrestler Name [Form of wrestler]”. Can be year, gimmick, a title they held, stable they were in, etc.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Just a quick note, I want to try and start this sometime this weekend, at least a trial run if not a full game. So if anyone that commented wants to sign up, please do.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Edit: changed my mind
Character: prime Owen Hart (96?)

Affiliation: Tony khan

Last edited:
Reactions: Nostradamus

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge

Correct me if I'm wrong, he still wore that massive mastodon mask thing in 1993, right?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Correct me if I'm wrong, he still wore that massive mastodon mask thing in 1993, right?

:hmm: I don't actually remember off the top of my head but I want to say no except for maybe PPV matches or something?

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
@Chris
Talent: Vader [1993] HP=100
Abilities:
Chop (ATK) - Extra 3 DMG [UNLIMITED]
Vaderbomb (ATK)(FINISHER) - Extra 5 DMG + (Die roll number) [Uses=2/2]
Vadersault (ATK) - Extra 5 DMG & opponent loses use of ALL items for next action phase. [Uses=3/3]

Mastodon (DEF) - Able to halve any total DMG from an opponent [Uses=5/5]
Taunt: "V" Hand Sign (DEF) - Vader gets a chance to redo an event or match.

Traits:
Outta Socket! - Vader's eye pops out and prevents an ability from being used.
(Die roll for chance)

Squash Match - Damage from FINISHER ability (if used) is doubled.
(Must roll a 10)

Resilient - If health should reach zero, will replenish to a max of 20 one time.

Inventory:

[Permanent Item] Mastodon Mask - Heal for 20 health during resting phase.

@Jeff Valley Driver
Talent: Owen Hart (1996) HP=100

Abilities:
Dropkick (ATK) - Extra 2 DMG [UNLIMITED]
Jumping Piledriver (ATK)(FINISHER) - Extra 10 DMG and opponent loses use of traits on next action phase. [Uses=2/2]
Inverted Atomic Drop (ATK) - Extra 5 DMG [Uses=5/5]
Taunt: Slammy Award (DEF) - Owen shows off his 1996 Slammy Award, gaining 5 health if he received any DMG. [Uses=3/3]
Hart Foundation Run-In (DEF) - Escapes a match with no damage. [Uses=2/2]

Traits:
Hart Family - Has a permanent DEF boost. All incoming individual DMG is reduced by 2.

King of Harts - Has a chance to drop an elbow to the back of his opponent, dealing FINISHER DMG
(Must roll 10)

Contractual Obligations - Chance to be forced to compete in a match.
(Die roll for chance)

Inventory:
[Permanent Item] Owen's Forearm Cast - Uses his cast as a weapon for a match, causing 5 DMG and preventing opponent from healing during next resting phase.

@Raidokken
Talent: Muhammad Hassan HP=100

Abilities:
Backbreaker (ATK) - Extra 2 DMG [Unlimited]

Low Blow (ATK) - Extra 5 DMG to opponent; Hassan receives 1 DMG as a penalty [Uses=5/5]
Camel Clutch (ATK)(FINISHER) - Extra 2x(Die roll) DMG [Uses=2/2] (ex: 2x(Die roll of 7)=14 extra DMG)
Taunt: Praise (DEF) - Hassan lifts his arms in the air, gaining a divine DEF boost for one match or event [Uses=5/5] (Die roll, (doubled for match), for DEF amount)
Roll Out (DEF) - Hassan "rolls out of the ring" and avoids either one opponent ability or one DMG event (Uses=3/3)

Traits:
Translation yelled by Daivari; Hassan has a chance to throw his opponent off their game and escape a match.
(Die roll for chance)

Industry Banishment; Hassan has a chance to lose their turn on the action phase.
(Die roll for chance)

Henchmen; Hassan's henchmen bring him a random weapon for his inventory.
(Die roll for chance, weapon randomized)

Inventory:
[Permanent Item] Steel Pipe - Hassan chooses a talent and lays them out with a shot to the back. Causes target to lose their next action phase.

Tried my best to stick to the time periods provided for Vader and Owen, taking into account anything from the year stated, years beforehand and slightly into the year after.​