Overated/Underated

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MattC13

Reaction score
Alot of people like and hate wrestlers for many reasons, but one of the big ones is being OVerated or Underated. What guys to you think are overated or underated.

John Cena is obviously overated. He had a good match at Summerslam, but he was out since then. Why the hell did he deserve the title shot at Survivor Series, let alone win? Remember this is after over a year's reign of WWE Champion and winning the Royal Rumble.

Shelton Benjamin is still underated. Reasons explained.

Yeah so who do you think is overated or underated?

the dark knight

ONE OF MY FIRST THREADS ON THE SITE WAS ABOUT THE SAME THING!!!!

now to be on topic.

overrated:
undertaker
mysterio
batista
cena

underrated:
kane
bigshow

cant really think of anyone else atm..

Reaction score
I have seen this topic on many different forums and I always have the same problem with it. My question is always overrated and underrated by who? If we are talking about the iwc, it all depends what forum you go to.

Beer Money Army

Overrated:

Kane - This guy is sluggish in the ring, WWE always builds him up but his alot of the time leave your mouth with a awful taste in your mouth

Batista - Lazy in the ring, doesnt get the huge reaction as he use to, (atleast cena was able to maintain it).. I dont think he is a big draw as he once use to be...

JBL - He is one of the many things as to why i think Raw has lacked in the ratings for this year...

Cryme tyme - I hear all this hype all the time about them, But they don't back it up in the ring at all.. Don't get me wrong they have excellent charmisa, But so did the New age outlaws back in 1998, we all know how awesome there career's went after that...

The Great Khali - name says it all

Underrated:

CM PunK - His character sort of remind me of a EDGE 2001-2003 time just without as much flamboyant comedy.. But Him vs Mysterio at armageddon could changes, as i may think 2008 was a great year for him.. he is still underrated to me and 2009 should be his year to shine...

jamie Noble - This guy can work, His size could be the factor, but he would be a solid midcarder on any brand to help you bulid future top talent.. (every company needs good midcarders)

MVP - I don't like the losing thing but i can see where there going with this... I don't see MVP getting his 1st win atleast Rumble or Mania!!! But this man is quality in the ring and great on the mic...

scotty goldman - put on the wrong brand, He should be on ECW....

T.B. Kendrick - i have always seen the man that can be the most marketest out of any of the Bunch that came from HBK TWA while Danielson is the best in-ring, but with same with noble, His size is the factor..

Katie Lea - I think this women can act and talk pretty well for being a diva, i have only seen a lil bit of her wrestling, it is decent.. (i dunno if she would be champion material, but could a be quality #1 contender material for feuds)

Natayla - a women that can be perfection for the divas division, unsure what they doing with her.. But She has to be a major factor in the divas division.. She's from the harts dungeon..

Airfixx

OVERRATED:
Kofi Kingston.
Batista.
Cryme Tyme.
R-Truth.

UNDERRATED:

Dunno atm... Acclaim is generally only a push away. Besides it's much more fun to 'hate' than it is to 'love', innit. ;o]

Edit: Here's one...

Vicki Guerrerro

CenaMark54

I have seen this topic on many different forums and I always have the same problem with it. My question is always overrated and underrated by who? If we are talking about the iwc, it all depends what forum you go to.

This pretty much sums it up.

On this forum, I think Punk and Kofi are overrated. I also think Mysterio is slightly underrated. I'm one of those who underrates him. You have to respect his in ring ability, as well as his ability to stay over despite injuries and despite the lack of any recent significant feuds.

Cena used to be underrated here, not so much anymore. There are now as many people who respect his abilities than those who totally hate him.

Orton is probably on his way to being overrated. A lot of people, including myself, are already annointing him as the savior of wrestling when he has yet to prove that he can carry the company. Sure he was given a big title reign, but for the most part everything was focused on the faces during that run. We will soon find out how good he really is when the focus is on him.

MikeRaw

Cena is neither over or underrated. It's impossible. If you talk to a ten year old (that was a cheapshot. So, if you talk to any of his fans..) they will tell you he is underrated, because everyone hates him, and doesn't give him credit.
If you talk to his "haters" (aka the guys with no lives, and spend it bashing a wrestling), they will say he's overrated.

I find cena pretty damn boring, but he can't be overrated, simply because so many people say he sucks, when he actually has the same in ring skill as most other main eventers, and better mic skills than most.

Anyways:

Underrated by WWE (meaning they should be pushed more):
CM Punk
MVP
William Regal
Kane
Carlito
Umaga

Overrated (by wwe, meaning they should be pushed less):
Mr.Kennedy
Batista

the dark knight

i always ask that question too. but from the first post, i think he meant over rated as in getting more than he/she deserves from his own point of view.

add to overrated: r-truth and kofi.

Kizza

Overrated:
Kennedy
Batista
Punk
JBL
Big Show
Rey

Underrated:
Regal
Noble
Umaga
Chavo
Kendrick
Shelton

the dark knight

add to underrated: regal

add to all time underrated: RVD

kingovkings

Reaction score
Underrated
Shelton 2 a point(but thats a lot to do with him)
Morrison
noble
reagal
Punk

Overrated
Kofi
R truth
Kennedy
Tista

seX-Power

Overrated:

Batista
Mr Kennedy
Ted DiBiase
Elijah Burke
Randy Orton
Harry Smith
Natalya

Underrated:

Rey Mysterio
CM Punk
Melina
Michelle McCool
Cody Rhodes
Theodore Long
Chavo Guerrero
William Regal
JBL
MVP

Frank Lloyd Wright

Reaction score
Most Underrated:

John Morrison - Most athletic performer on the roster. Can make any jobber in the ring look like a million bucks!

Most Overrated:

Rey Mysterio - Lost all credibility during his world title reign. Let Vince job him out to every no talent big man on the roster.

the dark knight

can you do me a favor and explain to me how mysterio's underrated?

edit-
directed at x-power

Frank Lloyd Wright

Reaction score
Mysterio isn't underrated, considering the fact that every kid under the age of 13, thinks he can walk on water. That's why he clearly belongs on the overrated list.