Over the limit

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

trilogy

Reaction score
well its tomorrow night..predictions?..also i have a stream if you need it mssg me on aim/msn

"I Quit" Match for the WWE Championship
John Cena (c) vs. The Miz

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
Randy Orton (c) vs. Christian

Kiss My Foot Match
Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole
(Jerry Lawler will give up his WWE Hall of Fame ring to Michael Cole in the event of a loss.)

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
Wade Barrett (c) vs. Ezekiel Jackson

WWE Tag Team Championship Match
Big Show and Kane (c) vs. CM Punk and Mason Ryan

WWE Divas Championship Match
Brie Bella (c) vs. Kelly Kelly

Rey Mysterio vs. R-Truth

Sin Cara vs. Chavo Guerrero

20110428_overthelimit.jpg

Reaction score
Cena is obviously going to win the I Quit match since he "Never quits", just another foot of dirt as he buries The Miz.

Orton will beat Christian because we've NEVER seen a long Orton title run have we?

King will beat Cole and finally put an end to this bullshit that has infected every Pay Per View since WrestleMania.

The tag title match is harder to predict, everything points to the champs retaining but since I'm a fan of both CM Punk and Mason Ryan; new champs at Over The Limit.

A Divas title match? I predict that people all over the world will go to the toilet or get something to eat/drink while this match is happening.

Truth has been a gun as of late, kicking the shit out of JoMo and then lighting up afterwards, I'd say Truth beats Rey but it won't end there, they'll drag it out a little longer and then have Rey "Beat the odds" once again.

And now we have the Spot Monkey in the Mask vs The guy who lost a title to a midget; I'd like to see Chavo win this and be rather dominant but Sin Cara has got this bagged and tagged.

Overall it looks like a pretty boring PPV, if I hear good things I might pick up the DVD.

gideonan

Reaction score
--Can't see Miz winning. Barring a taped Cena I quit it isn't happening.

--I'm going with Christian capitalizing on some outside interference.

--If the rapture comes at least that ends the feud before tomorrow. Dammit no Rapture so I'm picking King.

--Wade Barrett hasn't got a chance because the WWE loves to promote jacked up black guys like Zeke and Lashley.

--Show-Kane because lets face it Punk can't even get a tag title push.

--Divas Championship Match. "Who cares?" Going with Kelly

--R-Truth getting pushed is pretty far fetched.

--Sin Cara will be winning but other then that this will be an amazing match and Sin Cara will look like a million bucks.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
--Can't see Miz winning. Barring a taped Cena I quit it isn't happening.

--I'm going with Christian capitalizing on some outside interference.

--If the rapture comes at least that ends the feud before tomorrow. Dammit no Rapture so I'm picking King.

--Wade Barrett hasn't got a chance because the WWE loves to promote jacked up black guys like Zeke and Lashley.

--Show-Kane because lets face it Punk can't even get a tag title push.

--Divas Championship Match. "Who cares?" Going with Kelly

--R-Truth getting pushed is pretty far fetched.

--Sin Cara will be winning but other then that this will be an amazing match and Sin Cara will look like a million bucks.

Marcus Cor Von says "what it do".

Terrible ending to the main event...just terrible.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I thought Truth vs. Rey was a good match. I could have done without the flashy spin-through-the-air Truth as it takes away from the fact he's a full-fledged heel now, but I liked the match nonetheless. Using the apron banner (a-la Finlay) was a nice touch.

Sin Cara vs. Chavo was okay for what it was... but they could have really established a feud by having Chavo look decent in the match. Only botch I really noticed was the end of the match, no clue who to blame that one on.

Wade vs. Zeke was okay. I like Wade's style in the ring, but it's not a style that meshes well with Zeke... and I'm also sold on Zeke as well, but these two don't seem like they're meant to compete against each other.

Divas, meh.

Cole/King sadly enough doesn't look like it's over, even if Cole did deepthroat King's toes. Something tells me they carry this on even more X_X.

Tag Title match was pretty decent, if not for anything other than Punk's tributes to Savage.

Cena/Miz could have been executed so much better... and once again I question why WWE believes Cena loses any credibility if he quits or any of that garbage. There are much better ways to have Miz kick Riley to the curb. I'd have given Miz the win, or I'd have had him pass out to that STF and just had the ref call the match as he was unable to continue like they did with Austin vs. Bret. It would have kept Cena's track record intact, and it would have made a fucking beast out of Miz! Horribly executed.

Match of the night was Orton vs. Christian. The story they told was incredible, and they had the crowd pumped, and continued to elevate the response of the crowd throughout the entire match. A lot of near-falls, a new submission move by Orton, Christian hitting a spear out of nowhere, the final sequence of moves was incredible... and it made Christian look even more credible. You could tell these two have a lot of respect for each other as well... I haven't seen Orton work so well in the ring with someone in a LONG time... and I definitely want to watch more matches between the two. I said in the shoutbox earlier, but this is a program that can go on and off leading up into Mania, especially with it looking like they're ready to turn Christian heel again. Orton's hesitation on the punt was awesome as well, and could really sell a huge psychological game later on in this feud for Christian to exploit/Orton to capitalize on. Also said in passing that this may have been the most entertaining match I've seen since HBK/Taker in their first Mania match... and having watched it twice, I'll stick to that. Not the best match since then, but most entertaining... loved it.

Overall, not a horrid PPV, but it definitely could have been better.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
:lmmmao: @ any match on this card that didn't involve Christian/Orton.

Truth/Mysterio: **
Barrett/Zeke: *1/2
Sin Cara/Chavo: *3/4
Show&Kane/Punk&Batista v2: *3/4
Divas Title: *
Christian/Orton: ****1/4
Cole/King: BLAHHHHH
Cena/Miz: *3/4

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Perhaps the biggest waste of 3 hours I can remember. Probably compareable to Hardcore Justice if not for Christian/Orton. What a performance! How he got that much out of that lug astounds me. Orton's best match.

Truth/Mysterio: **
Barrett/Zeke: *
Sin Cara/Chavo: DUD (Who is this guy in the Sin Cara costume? It sure as heck ain't Mistico. WWE's toned down wrestlers' fault probably, but still.)
Show & Kane/New Nexus: * (Solely for Punk's Macho tributes.)
Brie/Kelly: DUD
Christian/Orton: ****
Cole/King: DUD
Cena/Miz: DUD (SIGH. Get these two out of the MEs as soon as possible. Miz is a lost cause in-ring and on the mic, at least in his current state, and Cena's getting worse and worse every time these two wrestle. Already stated why his promos suck. The finish was LMAO bad too.)

This show was mind numbing for this viewer, and I guarantee I won't be watching their next show, At least the theme song was good. :/

Airfixx

Reaction score
Lame show.....

Christian/Orton being far and above anything else on offer.

I too woulda seen a credibly booked Chavo, but let's face it he has no credibility left to tap into, they way he's been featured for the last few years.... Which is why I hope(d) Chavo would mentor a nemesis for Sin Cara instead... Bring in some luch-heel and have Chavo be his full blown manager.

Why the fuck is Truth winning clean over Mysterio? :roll:

He's a heel for fucks sake! (It's doesn't get him over any more, whilst a dirty win would...)

His promos are fun (even though they shouldn't be), but otherwise I just don't know why so many IWF peeps are diggin' Truth's new character. It's another incoherent mess like the majority of Cole's 'heel' run.

...And when's the last time you saw Mysterio have a match that poor?