Outcome of Kurt Angle Court Case

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

The following is from thepittsburghchannel.com:

ROBINSON TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- Kurt Angle, Pittsburgh's Olympic gold medalist and professional wrestling champion, was found not guilty of harassment and other charges were dropped on Tuesday stemming from the alleged stalking of his ex-live-in girlfriend.

Angle, 40, was arrested last month, shortly after Trenesha Biggers, 26, got a protection from abuse order against him in Moon Township and had police officers remove him from his house.

Biggers did not comment as she left district court on Tuesday, but Angle and his lawyer answered media questions for about two minutes.

The arrest happened in Robinson Township, where police said Biggers claimed Angle was stalking and harassing her by driving around the parking lot while she was at Starbucks Coffee in Robinson Towne Center.

District Judge Carla Swearingen cleared Angle on the harassment charge related to the PFA order, and Angle is living at home again while Biggers has moved out.

Dismissed by the judge were charges of driving with a suspended license -- stemming from Angle's refusal of a breath test on an unrelated DUI charge that he beat at trial in 2007 -- and drug possession related to two vials of human growth hormone in Angle's car at the time of his arrest last month. Angle said he has a prescription for HGH and uses it for an ongoing condition related to previous neck injuries from wrestling.

Angle holds the heavyweight championship belt for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Biggers is also a wrestler and works infrequently for TNA under the name "Rhaka Khan."

In an exclusive interview days after his arrest, Angle told WTAE Channel 4's Michelle Wright that he was going to a hotel near the Starbucks after police made him leave his house and Biggers just happened to be there at the same time. Breaking into tears, he said spending nine hours in the Allegheny County Jail was the lowest point of his life.

Angle became emotional again on Tuesday as he spoke to reporters outside the courtroom, saying he opened his home to Biggers and his generosity was taken advantage of.

"I will continue to live my life by the law, as I always have," Angle said.

A separate hearing will be held next month in Moon on the PFA and a simple assault charge that was filed to obtain the protection order.

Angle has said that he never physically harmed Biggers and doesn't know why she filed for a PFA order against him.

You can view a photo of Kurt Angle & Rhaka Khan in court today at the top link

Kurt's innocent...now onto more important matters...JEFF!!!

noumenon

tsk tsk tsk...a non criminal...we can't have him holding that TNA belt then can we.. :)

gashface

Reaction score
I'm really pleased that the outcome came out right. From watching that interview it was obvious that Angle's distress was genuine and that he had simply been taken advantage of.

This Guy

Well good for Angle. I can admit that I was shocked that TNA did nothing though I don't think I said he should be fired. I do remember mentioning that Dave Meltzer believed that any other company except the WWE would have fired him. The WWE would have at least taken the belt off him. I realize now it doesn't matter, but I still think TNA should have done the same. At least get him out of the title picture till he has cleared his innocence. Firing him would only come later should he be found guilty, but even still I don't think I'd fire a guy just because he violated a restraining order, and/or was stalking. But who knows. Its easy to say what you would or wouldn't do when your not in the situation yourself.

Again in the end it doesn't even matter anymore.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I seen on the news earlier Angle after the trial (I assume? they didn't say) and he looked genuinely upset about all this. Literally crying about how someone could do this to him and all she wanted was money.

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that all of Kurt's charges have been dropped except for the assault charge. That still stands as of at least 3 hours ago. I'm unsure if it was dropped by now, which I doubt, so just a heads up.