Otunga + The Nexus

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
It's pretty clear at this point Otunga is The Nexus " Bad Seed" and it appears either a face turn for Otunga is in the near future. It seems like there is tension future Barrett and Otunga since Barrett made Otunga lay down for the tag belts. Since then Otunga has been a firestarter in the group.

So the question is, will Otunga leave Nexus, or will he be kicked out? Or will Nexus turn on Barrett and side with Otunga? Do you guys like where this is going? Is Otunga ready to be a face, and a top face at that?

I do like the storyline and i think it could work. Not sure if the fans are behind Otunga at all though. Could backfire too, since Otunga isn't the best in the ring, and mostly relies on his mic skills.

Your thoughts

Reaction score
It sounds good to me but unless Nexus breaks up it could be another Cena and team WWE vs Nexus type deal.

Unless its a 1 on 1 thing it would just be more of the same.

bigdog4215

Reaction score
I'm like this angle as well but otunga is god awful in the ring and he is mr.botchtunga.I think nexus is going to turn on barrett and otunga will be the new leader.I think its all going to go down at survivor series and nexus is going to turn on barrett because his obsession with cena.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm getting more interested in this. However, I think that Otunga will convince the Nexus that they don't need Barett. I see this blowing up at SSeries after the match. When John Cena is about to give Barett the beating of a lifetime, Otunga and Nexus turns and walks away.

Airfixx

Reaction score
(The Raw-only viewers may not realise that an Otunga led Nexus invaded SD last Friday...)

I think the storyline is cool.... I just can't stand Otunga.

Furthermore, I'd hate to see Wade turn face so soon if Otunga leads a Nexus mutiny and on the flip (a la Orton breaking from Evoution) such a scenario isn't really much of a springboard for main event facedom (and Otunga is certainly no Randy Orton!).

Catch 22.

...god...

Reaction score
Otunga is pretty awful and was ridiculosly overrated but he plays a good bitch for Wade Barrett.

CMS

Reaction score
I like Otunga, but I would have liked to see this from Justin Gabriel. Gabriel vs Barret is something more interesting to look forward to than Otunga vs Barret. However, Otunga has been good on the mic and has sold his part well.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I think that the Otunga/Barrett feud could be pretty interesting and something new from the whole Nexus thing that I feel is coming on the end of it's run. Perhaps starting off with Barrett/Otunga and splitting Gabriel and Slater away from them and have them begin to establish themselves as a legitimate team (or as legitimate as you can be in the WWE) would help all guys involved. Otunga and Barrett are honestly the one two guys on the first season of NXT that I cared for at all. And I feel that maybe bringing up that they were the finalists on NXT season one could make for an intersting feud.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I'm glad NXT isn't being mentioned that much anymore when it comes to the Nexus...lets not build their feud around being NXT finalists

Axis

Reaction score
I agree with the majority that Otunga is nothing to write home about in terms of his wrestling ability. However, I will give him credit for being able to subtly get over minor stuff when working a match or doing a backstage segment. He did a good job sowing the seeds for he and Cena having a bond that could go against Barrett, giving me the idea that he would eventually join Cena in turning on Nexus a few weeks ago. He's a decent bumper, though he lacks the intensity that Tarver had to be the best black guy in the group, and I'm doubtful that he has good enough fire to be a successful babyface. HOWEVER, working closely with Cena is as good a solution to that as any solution could possibly be in 2010. I don't think he's great, even good enough to be US Champion. But I think he's decent enough to be given a chance for a potential midcard feud with Barrett, and given some opportunities to see how he runs with them.

noumenon

Reaction score
Perhaps if we were given a reason to give two shits about Otunga this would be mildly interesting. At this point it's going to play out like a horribly executed and pointless Batista/Evolution split.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually really miss Michael Tarver. The guy was a beast on the microphone and wasn't shabby in the ring. He also brought most of the fear that The Nexus generates...I forgot what happened to him...:/

CMS

Reaction score
I think what's bad with Otunga is that he tries to wrestle as a powerhouse, as a big man, and compared to the rest of the roster, he isn't, so he looks awkward. He needs to make some adjustments to his style, but imo he isn't as bad as people make him out to be.

He needs a new finisher though. His as of now is too weird and just looks bad, which doesn't do anything for the idea that he sucks.

...god...

Reaction score
His body is like disproportionate, but yeah, I see what you mean. I don't even he's capable of wrestling at a faster pace.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Yeah, he's too bulky to wrestle a faster pace and not big enough for a power game... He needs a good mat-based game or it's a bust.

Perhaps if we were given a reason to give two shits about Otunga this would be mildly interesting. At this point it's going to play out like a horribly executed and pointless Batista/Evolution split.

At least the crowd was behind Batista.

I just cannot see the crowd getting behind Otunga in a fued vs Wade..... Furthermore if it does play out as I expect, Wades accumulated heat will suffer.