• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Osama Bin Laden is dead!

Prodigy

Banned
Osama-bin-Laden-008.jpg

Osama bin Laden has been killed by US operatives in Pakistan, President Obama announced. Photograph: AFP/Getty Images

Osama bin Laden, the criminal mastermind behind al-Qaida and the world's most sought-after terrorist since the attacks of 11 September 2001, has been killed by a US operation, President Barack Obama will announce late on Sunday night.
Osama's body is in possession of the US, having been killed in Pakistan as the result of a US special forces and CIA operation, according to the first leaks of reporting from the US television networks.
President Obama is to make a highly unusual Sunday night live statement to announce the news, around 11pm eastern time.
The news comes eight years to the day that President George Bush declared "Mission accomplished" in Iraq. As president, Bush declared he wanted bin Laden "dead or alive" – but it is now the unlikely figure of Barack Obama who announces the final triumph as the US commander in chief.
This is a turning point in the global "war on terrorism" that has been waged since 9/11 – and the news will reverberate around the world.
The news comes as an unparalleled boost for US foreign policy, the key aim of which since 2001 has been the disarming and dismemberment of al-Qaida, and coincidentally probably insures the re-election of Obama in the 2012 presidential contest.
As a candidate, during the 2008 election campaign Obama repeatedly vowed: "We will kill Osama bin Laden." And so it proved.

Falsely reported a few years ago it has reportedly been legit this time. Big capture for the US.

Lucky

Finally. Better late than never. I just hope that this doesn't put the US at more of a risk now of a rebellion because he actually is dead. Tonight I pray for that.

Troy

I just turned on the news and saw this. That is huge news but does put the US at much more risk. It has taken many years and two presidents but finally it has been done. Well done to the operation that succeeded in this since it seemed like such an impossible task. It is good that they were able to close this chapter. The fact that they have the body as well is huge.

Troy

Watching the news and catching up on things I have a few more comments.

Bin Laden was living in a mansion in Pakistan. Pakistan are meant to be Americas allies and the US have given them billions of dollars to fight terrorists. Yes Pakistan did give the go ahead for this raid to happen on Pakistan soil but I just wonder how many Pakistan operatives knew about Bin Laden living there.

This is going to make Obama the most loved President in recent history. Bush couldn't do it but Obama has now done it. No-one will get close to him at the next election.

This also explains why Obama didn't go to the Royal Wedding, he had more important things to work on.

The pictures of people at the White House gates are insane.

Lucky

Haha yeah, it is pretty insane. I'm watching CNN and they're showing people like hanging in trees and everything.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Now that they got the man they've been searching for over a decade. Does this mean they can pull out of Afghanistan and more importantly get the allies out of Afghanistan.

Troy

On CNN one commentator said that this was now the end of the war on terror. It does seem like they can now start removing troops from Afghanistan since the main goal was finding Bin Laden. It all depends on what the Taliban now does in retaliation for the US killing their leader.

Chris99

Why would troops pull out of Afghan simply because Bin Laden is dead? I'm sure al-Qaeda are intelligent enough to appoint a new leader and continue on from Bin Laden's role.

I don't believe the source of terrorism can be stopped however it can be prevented through continued heightened security levels.

I honestly cannot see that much benefit now that Bin Laden is dead apart from families may have some form of justice of those killed on 9/11.

Like Troy pointed out, it will be interesting to see how the Taliban / al-Qaeda react to this.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Al Qaeda members consist of Shemps who can't even light underwear, lets face it the 9/11 hijackers were the Dream Team of terrorists and now all they have left is the 3 Stooges.

The war on Terror is not over by a long stretch and anyone thinking that is naive, but still having an army in Afghanistan is also foolish because a simple tactical team can get shit done faster than a whole army. And they also still can use drones and various other methods. Get the goddamn troops out of that shithole. Occupying a territory is never going to work.

Dademo

Glad he's dead and is gone for. 9/11 was a horrible day in many American's lives and especially in mine. I knew people who died and watched it unfold only miles away as a kid. I'm glad we got the mastermine of this but I'm worried about Pakistan.

How the hell was Osama .75 miles away from a military base and they didn't know he was there? (some sort of military outpost atleast)

That's the fishy part. They dumped his body in the ocean and I'm not going to lie I believe all of it, and I only say this because there are some that think this is just a way to get Osama out of hiding, but I think he's really dead.

Seak

What a great day.

Chris said:
Why would troops pull out of Afghan simply because Bin Laden is dead? I'm sure al-Qaeda are intelligent enough to appoint a new leader and continue on from Bin Laden's role.

Osama was the main financial contributor to Al-Qaeda. Losing him is a giant hit to their organization, one that they may never be able to fully recover from. Sure this won't "destroy" them, but it sets them back more than anything else could.

Troy

At least half the troops should be removed almost immediately since one of the main goals in Afghanistan was to find/kill Osama Bin Laden. Now that that is done they can remove all those troops that were there for that goal.