Orton's Historic Victory

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Never in 24 years has a heel come out ontop in such a big match. Sure there was the time Yoko beat Bret, only to lose to Hogan a minute later. Then there was HHH vs Booker T, but Booker wasn't a main event guy at the time. That match was hardly wm Worthy.

Randy Orton, was pretty much a lamb chop going into the match. I don't think any of the fans gave him a chance, but he did the impossible. He beat two unbeatable guys at WM, CLEANLY! So, whats this mean now? I think it means anything can happen once again. All it takes is one move like this and now most of us wrestling fans are shaking our heads.

I applaud the WWE for listening to the fans the past week or so. I thought this was thread worthy. Not sure how much more needs to be said, but yeah, i just wanted to let everyone know that this was really a first.

JMay187

Reaction score
I agree with you there one hundred percent. I had given Randy Orton no hope at all to come out with the Title around his waist. But he did and he did it cleanly in a heel way. He did punt Triple H in the head to cover Cena for the pinfall, but he did not use a weapon, nut shot, or anything illegal.

I agree with you on the fact that you said the WWE is listening to the fans or making us believe they are. I just hope that things for the WWE continues to get better.

Conc3pt

Reaction score
It wasn't completely clean cut because Orton used the title on HHH in the beginning I believe, but it was clean enough to get Orton over as a truly established heel and main eventer.

PeepShow

Just so you know, the actual thing here is that no heel has ever came in as the opponent @ WM and walked away w/ the gold. Stone Cold doesn't count, b/c he was the face coming in @ 17.

But yeah, Orton winning did shock me quite a bit. Hope I see more stuff like this in the future

Evil Austin

I totally agree with everything said they are using the Orton push right now very well, He deserved it He makes a good promo as a Heel and needs a good run with the title I will fucking hate the wwe if in a few months Punk cashes it in to beat him ?

Haze187

Reaction score
I agree...I think this catapulted Orton to the top, no longer do the fans think only HHH and Cena are unbeatable but now they think Orton is just as good as HHH and Cena. This will be a good oportunity to let someone who takes the title from him to be taken to the top, like lets say Punk beats him, that would make Punk the next big face. Or if Kennedy goes to beat Orton it would make him a top star. I just hope none of the old stablished stars beat Orton like HBK or Cena, that won't help them much, unlike giving it to a young guy who can be the next big star. At least that's how I see it...

TheDarkHorse

Reaction score
I think this catapulted Orton to the top, no longer do the fans think only HHH and Cena are unbeatable but now they think Orton is just as good as HHH and Cena.

Orton needed that big break for a long WWE title reign. He's the overall top heel the business and he earned it for his work of pissing the fans off and defending the title well.

This will be a good oportunity to let someone who takes the title from him to be taken to the top

Kennedy, Punk, Jericho, MVP, any wrestler who thinks who should deserve a main event push.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
If you watched the past Raw's it was actually painfully obvious that Randy was going to win or at least get cheated out of his title.

Booking wise, He was always forgotten and undervalued by Triple H and Cena and he never got his chance to disprove those assumptions by the two. Meaning he's going to disprove it at Wrestlemania. Honestly it's nuff said. WWE uses formula booking since day one and to me anyway it was obvious.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Yeah Orton went over huge won a triple threat match, gave Cena his first WM loss, and appears to have the belt for a long time.

However I think Triple H winning and retaining during WM16 was bigger.

Qwake

I didnt think Orton was going too win! I wanted him to but thought he was going to get his ass kicked. At WM24 it even showed the results on who was going to win, Cena had the most percent and Randy Orton had 8%. It turned out opposite, Orton pinned Cena! Orton could now become one of the most dominant superstars in the WWE, more than he already is...

The Rated R CMStar

Tbh, I didn't fully thought that Orton was winning, sure, I didn't believe that WWE would job him at Raw and then on WM, it is far too easy to come out here and say that watching Raw this week it was painfull obvious that eh was winning. In the end, nobody really thought Orton was winning, because no mattering how he was booked, it was him going against Cena and HHH.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Tbh, I didn't fully thought that Orton was winning, sure, I didn't believe that WWE would job him at Raw and then on WM, it is far too easy to come out here and say that watching Raw this week it was painfull obvious that eh was winning. In the end, nobody really thought Orton was winning, because no mattering how he was booked, it was him going against Cena and HHH.

Throughout the entire feud against the three, Orton was undervalued. That's pretty wierd to me considering the past 4-5 months he's been booked quite well and has always came out on top of his feuds defeating some of the biggest faces in the buisness using his current gimmick which was best described in one of his quotes "I've got the desire of John Cena and the intensity (or something) of Triple H)" That along with J.R's nicknames sums his powerhungry assassin like gimmick pretty well.

So after months of building him into a legit World Champion why would they throw him in a feud which on paper has him getting demolished then go on and book him similar to the days of when he was jobbing to DX with Rated RKO if he was going to lose? Wouldn't they make him look better then the winner of Wrestlemania so after the fallout he still has monmentum? If he lost his title after all of the bad (Arguable, he got booked better then he has ever been) booking, then the only way that would make sense is if he was getting suspended.

Fenix0505

Reaction score
Someone else brought this point up as well but Randy Orton turning into a face superstar, but then again wrestle mania was full of botches the biggest was the Batista Bomb or the Shelton Benjamin breaking the ladder... but i think if Orton is playing his cards right he will be a good title holder if he keeps the good guy phase going i know he is known for legend killing but then again when was the last time he attempted killing a legend.. Undertaker i think? and he failed at that so i guess he could be giving up on that character and transitioning into a good guy =D..

The Rated R CMStar

Lord, pay attention, he "killed" RVD, HBK, Dusty Rhodes, Sgt Slaughter and that's just since ONS.

And to me, one thing is that the feud was more focused on HHH/Cena, but Orton wasn't booked half bad or weak. How many times did he plant Cena with the RKO to end a segment, or how impressing he looked against the entire roster. The only time he looked weak was when he tapped to Flair, and as I said before, I had that feeling that maybe he would retain. Still, you have to know this, when it comes to HHH and Cena, previous booking doesn't care, and the fact that Orton would defeat them was highly unlikely, as it would make it the Number one Guy, and nobody was sure WWE would give him such a huge ball to carry.

And BTW, he's not in a good guy phase Fenix, technically he's a heel, it's just that some people cheer for him, especially when he mentions John Cena. Hell, just to show you that, people was cheering JBL when he badmouthed Orton.

CT Styles

I think it was a clean win. That punt to the head would probably have the same effect as an Enzuiguri. But it made Orton look hungry to prove the fans wrong and I think that made Orton look very good. Although, I don't want Cena or HHH to win it next. I want someone else to be elevated to ME. Actually tbh, i was hoping Punk was gonna cash in his MITB when Orton won.