Orton vs Edge possible?! Anyone else excited?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Well, now that Edge is the WHC, it looks like he will be doing his part in the Raw main event at WM.
Also, Orton is the “number one contender†because of his Rumble win.
Am I the only one salvating over a possible Edge vs Orton match at WM?!?
This seems to be the way it’s going. Especially cause it seems like HHH vs Taker will main event the SD side of things.
What’s everyone think of this portential matchup? And do you think (if it happens) a heevs heel match at WM is the best option, or will one turn face?
Personally, if it happens I hope they both stay heel (I’m sure that’s how it’ll be) and I actually do think this will be the match we see.
If they add someone,to make it like a triple threat or something, that’d be spitting on the whole purpose of winning the Rumble.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
I reckon this will lead to an Edge vs. Rey match on RAW with Edge going over, and at Mania we will see Edge vs. Cena and HHH vs. Orton... unfortunately. But I still marked the fuck out when Cena got eliminated and Edge won, Number 8 it is.

MikeRaw

^HHH vs Orton? You really think so? That would mean Orton chooses to jump to SD.

The Anigma

Reaction score
Or Triple H jumps to Raw...Or Orton jumps to SmackDown. The possiblities are endless right now but I can't see Orton vs. Edge at WM25. I just don't see them doing a heel vs. heel match.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
Yah Orton would probably jump to SD due to HHH's 'connections' so to speak with the McMahon family, with Edge having to go to RAW since he is there champion and Cena will cash in his rematch clause on Edge. I would love to see Orton and Edge in the main event of WwrestleMania, don't get me wrong, but I don't see the WWE going with their two strongest heels in the one match at WrestleMania.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

Trading Edge for Orton seems likely.

I'm thinking it'll Edge vs. HHH myself. Stephanie could tell HHH how hurt she is because of what Orton did to her brother. Then Orton will jump to Smackdown and instead of Evolution vs. RKO, it'll be Legacy vs. HHH. The match could have great build up and show how far Orton has come from being under HHH's wing to facing him at WrestleMania's 25th anniversary for the WWE Title.

Edge vs. Orton would be great also. They could put on some very good promos. I don't want to Edge vs. Legacy. It'd be much more interesting if Edge bought back Hawkins, and Ryder.

Win-win situation imo. We can see two great feuds.

Mugen

Reaction score
^HHH vs Orton? You really think so? That would mean Orton chooses to jump to SD.
Not necessarily, Smackdown has both World titles and Orton could easily bring one back to Raw. Punk did the same thing when he cashed in MITB.

Would love to see Orton vs. Edge though.

CenaMark54

Well, Cena has a rematch clause. So we could very well get Cena vs Edge vs Orton and HHH vs Taker.

I really don't think they will give us HHH vs Orton again or Orton vs Edge.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Doesn't Edge also have a rematch clause as well? Maybe far-fetched, but Cena vs Edge vs Triple H vs Orton? Cena has his rematch clause with Edge, Edge has his rematch clause with Triple H, and since Orton won the Rumble, he has his title match at mania. They've had enough multi World title matches, but why would Cena get a rematch clause and not Edge?

Great One

I like the idea of a fatal four way between those 4 guys for the Undisputed Title. It would be insane, Cena, Edge, Triple H, Orton the top four guys of this generation in the same match at Wrestlemania. That'd be awesome, but I doubt it would happen.

Moonlight Drive

It's interesting, but two one-on-one matches between any of the four would be better in most aspects imo.

Having heel vs heel main event WM 25 is something even the WWE wouldn't do.

Airfixx

The timing's bad for Edge v Orton...

It could work 'Ego-Vs-Ego' if Orton was playing the cocky tweener whom leans towards face-dom, but while he's playing the psycho heel, there's nothing to play off of Edge's personality.

...Well they certainly mixed things up last night eh?

S'funny I predicted the SD title will end up vacant for the run-in to WM... Now it has TWO champs! LOL (...and for the second time in the last year... Both times being HHH & Edge too.)

I think it's one hell of a stretch, but given the signs, you'd defo be forgiven for anticipating some unification angles happening at Mania... [Mind wonders...]... Man, that'd rock like hell!

Beer Money Army

i don't see edge vs orton... but i do now see a Orton Vs edge Vs Cena....

wwe will not do a heel vs heel world title match on a annually mania PPV

The 3 way could be great liek that backlash 2007 4 way that had HBK involved but i don't want any more triple threats on Mania, for the world titles...

Evil Austin

I have said this lots of times I would like it to happen but I doubt it; unless its a three way with Cena or Austin involved there is no way for the anaversary of mania that there is going to be a Heel vs. Heel.