Original VS Remake which is better.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I will post a movie that has had a remake done to it. We will break down the films through some discussion and opinions of the films and decide which was better. I do know that there is a huge group of people out there that like remakes better than originals due to when the originals where made or who was in them so this is the place to let it out.

So I will start one off of a recent remake to a great 80's film.

Footloose

Original: Released in 1984

Starring: Kevin Bacon, John Lithgow, Lorrie Singer

Plot: A city teenager moves to a small town where rock music and dancing have been banned, and his rebellious spirit shakes up the populace.

Budget: $8,200,000 (estimated)

Gross: $80,000,000 (USA)

This film was not liked by the critics very much but loved by audiences (normally what happens anyways).

Soundtrack was amazing for its time.

VS

Remake: Released in 2011

Staring: Julianne Hough, Dennis Quaid

Plot: City teenager Ren MacCormack moves to a small town where rock music and dancing have been banned, and his rebellious spirit shakes up the populace.

Budget: $24,000,000 (estimated)

Opening Weekend: $15,556,113 (USA) (14 October 2011)

Gross: $51,780,537 (USA) (6 January 2012)

The film was liked by most critics as reaching a new audience and being well done and not being as liked by the audience.

I personally will take the Original to this one all day long. I didn't feel that a remake was needed and while the remake was not horrible by any standards it felt stale to me. Kevin Bacon was the movie and Lithgow was great as the overprotecting father who didn't want his daughter to do things that she shouldn't.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I've never seen the remake, but the fact that it appears to be sponsored by fucking shampoo makes me LOATHE it!

Rockin' and a Rollin' on Tapatalk

Joey

Reaction score
Fun Fact: Kenny Wormald, the leading role in the remake, is from the same town as I.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I've never seen the remake, but the fact that it appears to be sponsored by fucking shampoo makes me LOATHE it!

Rockin' and a Rollin' on Tapatalk
At least they have clean hair.

One more thing the original has over the remake is the chicken scene. The original has tractors and if I remember from the one time I sat through the new one they used lawn mower tractors.

Swinny

Reaction score
And... I have seen neither. First one and I cannot participate. :p

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
And... I have seen neither. First one and I cannot participate. :p
I guess I will throw another one out here soon then. If you have a suggestion pm me the films.

Swinny

Reaction score
Well most of the ones I could think of are horror movies, plenty of those, and more than likely I'd have seen them.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Can't say I've seen either I'm afraid

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Damn. Who has never seen footloose. Alright how about true grit or Red Dawn?

Swinny

Reaction score
True Grit I haven't seen the original, although I really should.

Red Dawn we could do because I've seen both and I think I'd have a differing opinion than most, even though I don't think either movie is really any good. :p

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Ok how about house on haunted hill, my bloody valentine, Can't buy me Love/Love don't cost a thing?

Swinny

Reaction score
House on Haunted Hill and My Bloody Valentine I've seen both, haven't seen either of the other ones.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Alright since we have some that have not seen the first entry into this list including the original I am going on with a new one.

RED DAWN

2m6768x.jpg

RELEASE: 1984

CAST: Patrick Swayze, Charlie Sheen, Jennifer Grey, Lea Thompson

PLOT: It is the dawn of World War III. In mid-western America, a group of teenagers bands together to defend their town, and their country, from invading Soviet forces.

VS

RELEASE: 2012

CAST: Chris Hemsworth, Isabel Lucas

PLOT: A group of teenagers look to save their town from an invasion of North Korean soldiers.

Alright so which one do you think is the better of the two?

Swinny

Reaction score
That Red Dawn of the Dead poster is the best thing about either of these movies :lol:

I pick the remake. It's not a good movie, but I found it to be a real mediocre and forgettable movie, but at least had a little entertainment value to it. The original on the other hand I think it awful and doesn't hold up at all yet people seem to think it's a good movie and that the remake is tarnishing its reputation...

Jay Dee

Reaction score
At least they have clean hair.

One more thing the original has over the remake is the chicken scene. The original has tractors and if I remember from the one time I sat through the new one they used lawn mower tractors.

they had a destruction derby with buses in the new one.

I for one prefer the new one, I love the original, but I think the acting is a lot better in the new one, and julianne hough is so much hotter than lorrie singer.