Original Edge Plans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DENNIN

Reaction score
credit ; WRESTLING ATTITUDE

WWE's creative team were planning an Edge babyface turn before he suffered an Achilles injury over the weekend. According to sources within WWE, the company has been looking to turn Edge for quite some time to offset the heel-heavy SmackDown roster. He is expected to be out of action until next January, when he could return as a babyface heading into WrestleMania season.

Speaking of Edge, his surgery yesterday was a success. He'll have to stay off his bad foot for up to 2 weeks and will then begin wearing a rehabilitation boot to walk around after that. He should be ready for physical rehabilitation by the end of the month.

The Rated R CMStar

According to sources within WWE, the company has been looking to turn Edge for quite some time to offset the heel-heavy SmackDown roster

You know, since CM Punk's "turn"...2 or 3 weeks ago.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
It would have been nice to see him turn face on Jericho....since that was who his singles heel turn was on (before he broke his leg/wrist), but I don't think that storyline ever even finished.

P.S. Dennin, this type of stuff would go in the news section.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

Next January
January 2011? A year without Edge?

BULL FUCKING SHIT

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Next January as in the next January. That would be 2010.

As long as he doesn't miss WrestleMania I'm happy.

The Rated R CMStar

I mean, it's not like he wasn't turning face, because even he said he felt the face turn was coming sooner than later, even he was feeling it, but to give a lame reason like "balancing the face/heels on Smackdown", and say that was the reason a long time ago, when the face/heels dynamics was alright until they started the angle with CM Punk and credit sources within the WWE is pure bullshit.

It's one of those "can't miss" reports. If Edge comes back as a face, then they were right. If he doesn't, well, they can always say Vince changed his mind and we all know how booking changes every day.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

Why don't people ever say “upcoming” instead of “next”

It ALWAYS confused me then and it does now.

Reaction score
^^^that's Blue. the next January, according to the rest of us, is in 2010. What the fuck are you doing skipping 'one of' when you hear "upcoming"?

I really would love to see Edge turn face, when he returns. I have a feeling he'd be untouchable as a face. He'd bring an attitude to SD (or RAW...) that I dont think's been there since Cena 05.

seX-Power

Even if Edge returned two weeks before Wrestlemania I's imagine they'd find a spot for him on the card.

Evil Austin

I just hope he doesn't win money in the bank again, on his return.
I like Edge and all it's just three times would be a bit much and money in the bank is suppost to be for those up and coming mid carders that can then be in the main event much like Edge's first time when he won it in 2005.

Not for already main event level people who just can't get themselves in the main event match of the wrestle mania night.