Open Challenge for the WWE Championship

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Captive8

Reaction score
Tonight is very special night. John Cena as of today, has tied both his and JBL's record of 280 days as WWE Champion. That record is the longest in the decade. If John Cena wins tonight, he willl have sole possession of that record. And if he goes on past Raw as champion, he will pass Batista as the longest reigning champion in the WWE for the decade. With that said, John Cena has no easy task tonight. But when does he ever? Tonight might be John Cena's biggest test, well....since The Great Khali. He has to face four unique opponents. Mick Foley, King Booker, Randy Orton, and Bobby Lashley.

I want myself and others go in order on who they think has the most likely chance of winning tonight and why.

1.John Cena-He the's champ and he has been for nine months. He has beat them all and he has beat them in every type of match. Since winning the title last September, John Cena has defeated Edge, Umaga, Shawn Michaels, and The Great Khali in single title matches. Not to mention he defeated Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton, and Edge in a Fatal Four Way Match. Also not to mention he defeated The Great Khali and Umaga in a Triple Threat Match.

Since becoming the champ two years ago, John Cena has defeated nearly every competitor thrown in his way to retain his title. Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, and Triple H to name a few. He has retained in every type of match just about out there. I Quit, Last Man Standing, Pinfalls Anywhere, Special Ref, Triple Threat, Fatal Fourway, Elimination Chamber, Steel Cage, TLC, etc.

Can John Cena do it once again? I think you can never ever count out Superman, whoops I mean Cena.

2.Bobby Lashley-The reason I rate Lashley second is simple. He has received the biggest and fastest push in the WWE this year. He was ECW's champ for most of the year, but his biggest push came with his Vince McMahon storyline. Bobby Lashley is now one of WWE's biggest fan favorites along with John Cena and Batista. If WWE ever could pass the WWE championship over to another face, the time would be now.

3.King Booker-King Booker is rated 3rd because he is the only other guy aside from Lashley, who actually has a chance of winning the belt based on booking. King Booker can be one of the top heels on Raw and it could feud with John Cena over the next few months. If anyone has a chance of becoming WWE champion and having John Cena chase them, it is him.

4.Randy Orton-Randy Orton based on recent storyline would be one of the odds on favorites. Orton has taken out two legends and is really in Legend Killer mode right now. More than ever Orton seems determined to elevate himself and capture world gold again. However, on the flip side. Orton is only being pushed to feud with a returning Triple H. Plus Orton just ripped up a hotel room a few months ago, so the chances of him having the title put on him are actually very slim to none.

5.Mick Foley-The guy who should be coming out to Vince's music, because that basically sums up his chances. If we were picking based on wrestling, Foley would be just as a big threat as anyone. He's hardcore, he's uncanny, he's unpredictible, he's unstable. However, he is not a full time wrestler so dont expect to see him win tonight.

Great One

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY don't want Lashley to win and if he does I will be fucking pissed, why? Because straight up, LASHLEY SUCKS. He can't carry the title, he has no charisma, he has no mic skills, he has no decent move set, he has nothing required to hold the most presitgious title in the business. He's nowhere close to John Cena's league, and I really don't think he's that over. With that being said, and the record in consideration I think Cena might lose it tonight, and everyone knows who I want to win, but I'd take Booker in a close second who could definitely carry the title and maybe feud with Lashley. He'll, I'll even take FOLEY over Lashley if he's willing to come back full time and bring something new to the title.

P.O.U.N.C.E

Reaction score
^ He needs to drop that corny ass gimmick.

I kind of hope Ceman wins tonight because I betted on his ass. But I am a really, big Cena hater. Anyone but Lashley and Cena do I want to win. Mick winning would be great, lol just because it is Mick.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I hope he loses, but I don't see anyone in that match that will beat him? Foley? No. Orton? I wish. Lashley? God no! King Booker? No.

So by default I think Cena will win.

Captive8

Reaction score
So John Cena retains in what is a very short 5 man title match. Unless John Cena dies tonight or his magically stripped of the belt, he will have the longest reign of the decade as far as WWE champions go.

tasso10

Reaction score
This sux. There should be a betting section entitled: when will Cena lose his title. My tip for that would be when the Pope turns into a Muslim

Great One

*waits for Triple H to return and squash Cena in 5 minutes and take the title*

I wish...

Legendkillerdaz

Reaction score
I think Randy Orton should have one(being an rko fan and all) give him a fued with cena and lashley over the wwe title would make good tv. I hate cena seriuosly so bad hate him

3lions

Reaction score
After reading the results, it seems like this match was good, but very short. I can't believe it was so short and nothing really happened. I expected Foley to get the win, but I also expected Orton to take him out after, giving him a concussion. But no. Cena FU'ing Lashlet through the announce table suggests to me that they may feud, but that would leave Orton/Booker to feud. I'm not a fan of face/face or heel/feuds, so that scenario better not happen.

DeathLock

Reaction score
^^^^I watched it and honestly i didnt like any match the whole night, none of them were good to me, an incredibly bad ppv. I really dont have a big problem with Cena, but omg enough is enough. HHH is returning at summerslam right?