One Trick Kennedy?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Ok, when Kennedy first appeared on the scene he was bombastic and boisterous, and it was brilliant. He wasn't a great wrestler but he was ok enough to be able to get by. Its been a long ass time now though, and nothing has changed. There has been no evolution in the character at all. Repeating his name is getting old, but I get its still part of the character.

Kennedy needs to add some further depth to his character else he's just going to get lost in the shuffle even more, and will rapidly become literally a one trick pony...

...pony

Great One

Wow, EXACTLY my thoughts, I am nowhere NEAR as high on this guy as I use to be. When he comes out I hardly even care anymore, compared to someone like MVP who says something new everyday. That's why I personally think guys like Orton/Punk/MVP will all succeed more, but dunno, that's just me.

the dark knight

i agree with you.

i used to love the guy until he got suspended. and the stupid job for cena last week pissed me off so much i just said fuck it, he's a jobber now and not gonna be "high" on him till i see something new after a push.

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
I gotta admit that I wasn't as pumped up to see Kennedy On RAW this week. He needs more depth as munk said. Him vs Orton would get him up there but the heel vs. heel concept won't work for everyone. Him vs. Jericho (if he returns) would be a huge push for him and just throw the WWE Title into the mix and Bob is your actual uncle :D

Wrestling Station

I never liked him tbh, but i think the main problem started for him when he moved to Raw. I think SD! was a better place for him to be in the main event scene.

Anyway, regarding his gimmick, i think they could make him host a very strong show in Raw. As he is having good mic skills.
As for the repeated name, i think its ok, but i think the most important thing for him now is to make him actually start to win some matches and make a statement in his ring ability and actions, coz this time is the perfect time for him to either bring it, or lose it (due to enormous number of superstars injured right now).

phantomgerald

I think the main reason that people are starting to get bored of Kennedy is because since he moved to RAW, other than the Vince storyline bit, he never really got the chance to display his mic skills on Raw.

The Ripper

Reaction score
His character is getting a bit stale but then he has been a heel from the moment he came into the main roster. If they do turn him face it could give his gimmick a new burst of life.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
What the WWE should do is give him someone to feud with,so he'll have something to talk about and something to do, cause what's there for him to talk about if there's not much going on for him at the moment.
He has the greatest microphone skills in the WWE right now.
Just give him something to do.

Travis40

^Like hell he has the best mic skills in WWE...how about Jericho, Austin (who's still under contract), Cena can cut a good promo, Orton, JBL, HHH, Vince and Shane, Kane...there are tons of people that are better than Kennedy on the mic, all he can do is say where he's from, say how much he weights, say his name...and then again...say his name

name

The Rated R CMStar

Really, did you listen to his last promo on Vince being his dad? Or did you listen to all his promos about Undertaker last year?

The problem is that in SD he had a 4 time promo to hype a main eventer match, like his matches with Batista and Taker, but on Raw it is saw his name, and then beat some low midcarder, or get jobbed to the stars

kingovkings

Reaction score
IMO i think kennedy was better on smack dwn he fitted there raw has got a lot of good stars fighting for top spot at the mo. although i can see him as a massive star in the future i dont think he gonna get his time just yet i would like to see it but i think it gunna be orton for title with trips chasing till wm 24 i dont think kennedy will shine just yet but ya never know after all vince is unpredictable

CenaMark54

Kennedy is the definition of Average.

Average Mic Skills.
Average Look.
Average Ability.

The guy is not a main eventer and unless he can actaully improve and stay healthy, he never will be.

For the next 10 years the mainevent will be dominated by the likes of Cena, Orton, Lashley, Punk, HHH, Edge, Rey, and Batista. Unless Kennedy can prove he is more than mediocre in all aspects of professional wrestling, he will never be able to break the main event ranks.

Reaction score
Get him back into the son angle then he will shine. He may be average but then again how long has he been in WWE compared to the rest of the people listed? Kennedy also hasnt had the push's nor the shots everyone else has had. yes he did blow it with the drug deal but if WWE cares about product and character development they would continue the son angle real damn soon. Plus any wrestler can be above average if WWE pushes them right.

Give it time and you will be seeing Kennedy in the main event spotlight putting on entertaining matches.

3lions

Reaction score
I have never been really high on Kennedy, although I found his character to be fairly refreshing and when he was traded to Raw, it added a new element to the show. However, after watching him week in, week out, he has stalled. He hasn't developed his character and his promo's have consited of purely his name (apart from the promo with Vince which was good). I still have no idea what his true finisher is (he never used the KenTon Bom anymore...), and his general in-ring ability is average. He has nothing which sperates him from any other midcarder.

And that to the fact that he has basically been jobbed out since being traded to Raw (losing to Super Crazy is a prime example of that), and then got suspended, he is adoomed to be a midcarder.

I'd book him in a feud with Jeff Hardy over the IC belt where he eventually wins and then goes on to feud with a returning Lashley. He could then be fed wto jericho (giving him the rub in the process), before going back to SD! and feuding with Edge and possibly Rey. At the moment thoug, he is a midcarder with no direction.