One Reason Why WWE Isn't Pushing Ziggler

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
i'll put it in your terms. It's like you are the girl shopping at spencer gifts hating on the girl wearing hot topic clothes.

ron-simmons-damn-o.gif

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
is it just me or are Jesus' posts extra dislikeable today?

Reactions: Nero_x3

InnerSilence

The Artiste
Reaction score
As much as people hate Cena and HHH, both have worked with pretty outstanding injuries. They might get the superman moments but they do really do things most men could not. I'm not saying I'm a mark for either (Iam a mark for both) but you really do have to give credit where it's do to what they have done for the WWE.
yeah I do give Cena credit for pushing through an injury, he recently injured his eye and still wrestled. guess my question is can Ziggler work through an injury just as much as Cena and HHH?

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
First things first: [HASHTAG]#dirtsheetslol[/HASHTAG]

Okay, real talk.

WWE is an entertainment company, so they have to pay attention to who gets crowd reactions, which Ziggler does.

They are also a company, though, than can be likened to an American football or a rugby team, where they have to look out for their "players'" health. If you have a running back or a winger who are constantly getting injured, you hesitate to give them the ball. That's not just the coaches that make that decision, but the players tend to start getting concerned about giving those guys the ball also.

In this, one could liken the guys backstage in WWE as professional coaches. It doesn't matter if they like a guy or just think he's a very talented "player". If he's "snakebit" regarding injuries, you don't feel like you can count on him. And, yes, Cena and HHH and Punk and a ton of other guys have worked hurt quite a bit, but their injuries weren't ones that forced them to be removed from top-level storylines (except on a couple of occasions), while the first couple of times DZ got pushed big-time and got put into main-event-type storylines, he had to lose time due to injury.

You may think it sucks or that WWE sucks for making smart business decisions, but that's the way business is.

wk

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
First things first: [HASHTAG]#dirtsheetslol[/HASHTAG]

Okay, real talk.

WWE is an entertainment company, so they have to pay attention to who gets crowd reactions, which Ziggler does.

They are also a company, though, than can be likened to an American football or a rugby team, where they have to look out for their "players'" health. If you have a running back or a winger who are constantly getting injured, you hesitate to give them the ball. That's not just the coaches that make that decision, but the players tend to start getting concerned about giving those guys the ball also.

In this, one could liken the guys backstage in WWE as professional coaches. It doesn't matter if they like a guy or just think he's a very talented "player". If he's "snakebit" regarding injuries, you don't feel like you can count on him. And, yes, Cena and HHH and Punk and a ton of other guys have worked hurt quite a bit, but their injuries weren't ones that forced them to be removed from top-level storylines (except on a couple of occasions), while the first couple of times DZ got pushed big-time and got put into main-event-type storylines, he had to lose time due to injury.

You may think it sucks or that WWE sucks for making smart business decisions, but that's the way business is.

wk
But you have to think, who's fault was it that Ziggler got the first concussion? It was his opponent. There's a difference between a snakebit "player" who's prone to injury and a guy who wasn't properly taken care of in said game. No one can get kicked in the face and get up like nothing happened. Swagger was to blame for his first concussion and i think ABR caused the second one when he got kicked in the head again. They didn't halt the push of Cena when Orton tore his muscle. So i still don't buy the story that he's snakebit because he wasn't controlling Swagger's foot when it slammed him in the face.

[HASHTAG]#Heel[/HASHTAG]

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Your point is well taken, but was Joe Theismann to blame for getting his leg broken by Lawrence Taylor? That injury ended his career and he walks with a limp to this day. How many times has a running back blown out his knee and was never the same afterwards? How many times have we seen a quarterback recently have a major concussion and never be seen the same again?

It sucks for the guy who got hurt. It sucks for the guy who hurt him, because nobody in sports really wants to injure the people on the other side, no matter what we as fans might assign to them. But that doesn't change the fact that coaches often have to trust players less who are involved in injuries.

It's the same reason why your car insurance premiums go up when you're involved in an accident that wasn't your fault.

wk

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I understand that but Ziggler went 2 years with long mid card title reigns and he went perfectly fine. Dolph had 2 minor concussion in 1 year ...John Cena had 2 major arm and neck surgeries in late 07 and mid 08. How come he gets this fat ass push considering he's been injured 3 times already this year. (Shoulder, eye and groin) I do find it annoying that Cena is brought up a lot in this but it goes to show this smells like a shit ton of bullshit

[HASHTAG]#Heel[/HASHTAG]

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I think he said he liked your clothes or something.
You know I only pay at
yeah I do give Cena credit for pushing through an injury, he recently injured his eye and still wrestled. guess my question is can Ziggler work through an injury just as much as Cena and HHH?
How many people outside of those two can do what they do? You are asking if Ziggler can be the face of the WWE?

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
It really does suck for Dolph but I wish they'd just give him... ONE MORE CHANCE. He's been wrestling like every night & week since being back. Just give the man one more chance pls, pls Vince? Pls.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I understand that but Ziggler went 2 years with long mid card title reigns and he went perfectly fine. Dolph had 2 minor concussion in 1 year ...John Cena had 2 major arm and neck surgeries in late 07 and mid 08. How come he gets this fat ass push considering he's been injured 3 times already this year. (Shoulder, eye and groin) I do find it annoying that Cena is brought up a lot in this but it goes to show this smells like a shit ton of bullshit

[HASHTAG]#Heel[/HASHTAG]
Simple. He makes the WWE far more money than Ziggler or any one else on the roster by far. Plus. Concussions are more dangerous in the long run than a torn groin. The WWE take concussions VERY seriously post Benoit.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Simple. He makes the WWE far more money than Ziggler or any one else on the roster by far. Plus. Concussions are more dangerous in the long run than a torn groin. The WWE take concussions VERY seriously post Benoit.
So why hasnt WWE paid for Punk to return? Do seats really = Value? If so why is ADR in the MITB?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
So why hasnt WWE paid for Punk to return? Do seats really = Value? If so why is ADR in the MITB?
Punk? Iffy situation, Punk actually seems intent on staying out of the game. Which has to make negotiations harder to the point of them asking "is it worth it?".

ADR: Wrestling is a weird business, ADR has a lot of fans backstage since he handles himself proper, has a proven track record of good matches and a good look for a top player. Plus the "demographics markets" if that is to be believed. ADR was a big name in Mexico pre-WWE and is still a big name in Mexico, so he caters to that demographic. If we compare ADR to Dolph, what demographic does Dolph cater to? White people?

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Punk? Iffy situation, Punk actually seems intent on staying out of the game. Which has to make negotiations harder to the point of them asking "is it worth it?".

ADR: Wrestling is a weird business, ADR has a lot of fans backstage since he handles himself proper, has a proven track record of good matches and a good look for a top player. Plus the "demographics markets" if that is to be believed. ADR was a big name in Mexico pre-WWE and is still a big name in Mexico, so he caters to that demographic. If we compare ADR to Dolph, what demographic does Dolph cater to? White people?
I hate getting notifications you replied, i know I will agree.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Except for Dolph. He caters to wrestling fans, he is great in ring and on the mic, and people mark for him. Are you kidding me? He is something different, what do you not like about Dolph Ziggler? Honestly.