One Reason Why WWE Isn't Pushing Ziggler

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
For everyone talking about being hurt, you do realize there is a difference between a head injury/concussion and a elbow that needs surgery? Doctors are super anal about head shit these days, if you get a concussion it isn't something you are going to 'tough out', you have to sit out until the symptoms pass.
I was trying to say recovery length is far shorter than muscle tears.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I was trying to say recovery length is far shorter than muscle tears.

This is both an accurate and an inaccurate statement. There are two phases of recovery in sports medicine: recovery from the actual injury and therapy to allow an athlete to return to the field.

The actual recovery time for a minor concussion is often shorter than the average recovery time for a muscle tear (I say "often" because cases are different due to a range of issues, including prior injury, physical fitness, family medical history, etc.), but the problem is the therapy time. The therapeutic recovery time can be extremely long, even for a minor concussion, and neurologists have become extremely cautious (some say overly so) in clearing athletes with even the most minor concussions to compete, particularly in cases where an athlete has had more than one concussion.

wk

Last edited:

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
I don't particularly care for his character since it has regressed a bit. And his ring work is solid but his bumping takes me out of it. There's no difference in babyface Ziggler's work compared to heel Ziggler. He still wrestles the exact same way instead of doing the subtle changes in style.
Totally agree here. When he first debuted, he appeared more confident in his character. (Hi, I'm Dolph Ziggler)
Sticking him with Vickie probably made him feel like he couldn't get over on his own, and it showed
Putting him with AJ, boosted his confidence and THAT showed
Now, he just displays jobber mannerisms similar to an early Jericho.
It doesn't help that he makes helps his opponent look TOO good.

Basically, he needs to go into business for Nick Nemeth and stop caring about what the wrong people think
The only opinions he should caring about are the McMahons... other than that, the talent is there

There is way more to it than injuries, which if they are playing a part has to be a very small one. If you look at the timing of his start/stop pushes you can pretty easily conclude that his mouth and willingness to speak out against the BS of WWE is much more likely the culprit for his current place on the card than getting concussed from a jackass kicking him in the face.

Also true. CM Punk had a following dating back to the Indy's, so he could afford to lose 'casual' fans.
With social media being what it is, Ziggs is being to liberal with showing his displeasure for the company he works for.
Punk also he used his intellect to dupe fans into buying the epic shoot promo on 6/27/11. He was creating a new incarnation
I'm not implying Punk was lying, per se, but he was setting the wheels in motion for his next chess move.

Ziggs had less leverage, and no name value outside of the 'E'.
His value is minimal when you consider the negative press he put out regarding the established talent.
In the end, his spot could easily be taken by Seth Rollins; a guy much younger and a guy HHH loves
I'm not loving the heat Ziggs is getting, but politics pay too big a role in society than it probably should

Reactions: Wacokid27