One Night Only: X-travaganza *SPOILERS* - Airs April 5th

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
* Christian York defeated Matt Bentley, Alex Silva, Sam Shaw, Lince Dorado, Puma, Jimmy Rave in an X-Division Xscape match.

* Doug Williams & Kid Kash defeated Tony Nese & Rashad Cameron

* Robbie E cuts a promo saying hes the best X-Division Champion of all time. Chavo Guerrero interrupts and a match is made with Joe Park as referee.

* Chavo Guerrero defeated Robbie E. Park and Robbie got into it after the match.

* Kenny King defeated Zema Ion, Rubix and Mason Andrews in an Ultimate X match

* Daniels & Kazarian defeated Sonjay Dutt & Petey Williams

* Rob Van Dam defeated Jerry Lynn in a No DQ match

* Austin Aries defeated Samoa Joe

Source: PWInsider.com

Thanks to Tony M. for emailing the following notes:

I attended yesterday's TNA X-Travaganza PPV taping. Here are my brief thoughts on the matches and the show as a whole:

X Division X-scape match: Christian York vs. Jimmy Rave vs. Matt Bentley vs. Puma (TJ Perkins) vs. Lince Dorado vs. Alex Silva vs. Sam Shaw - This was solid match to start the night. Nothing too impressive, but nothing bad either. At times the match felt a bit too crowded and had there been less people in it it probably would've been better but overall it was fine.

Doulas Williams & Kid Kash vs. Anthony Nese & Rashad Cameron (Blk Jeez) - Good match, better than the opener. Williams and Kash make for a great veteran team. The star of the match, in my opinion, was Nese who looked really good in it. Cameron's work was good as well.

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Robbie E (with Joseph Park as a special guest referee) - The shortest match of the show, and the weakest one too. It wasn't bad but it wasn't that good either. Just a match.

Ultimate X match: Kenny King vs. Zema Ion vs. Rubix (Jigsaw) vs. Mason Andrews (Scorpio Sky) - Very fun match with lots of good spots. The best Ultimate X match in a while.

Christopher Daniels & Kazarian vs. Petey Williams & Sonjay Dutt - Very good tag team clash. Petey hasn't lost a step.

No DQ match and Lynn's final TNA match: Jerry Lynn vs. Rob Van Dam - In my opinion this was the best RVD/Lynn match in TNA and one of RVD's best efforts in TNA, if not his best. Very good match and a fitting end to the RVD/Lynn series of matches. The send off Lynn got afterwards was a very nice and classy moment.

Austin Aries vs. Samoa Joe - Very good main event. The best match of the show, really. Just a great contest, as is the norm whenever these two face each other.

Notes:

Even though he was advertised for the show The Amazing Red was nowhere to be seen and did not compete on the show.

CZW ring announcer Larry Legend was in attendance.

Overall I would say the X-Travaganza PPV is definitely worth the $15 they'll be charging for it. It was a very good wrestling show. The only negative was the crowd, who were not into the matches as much as I would've hoped but I guess that is to be expected since a lot of the wrestlers on the show were not that well known, there were no storylines going in and a good portion of the crowd had probably already watched 3-hours of wrestling since TNA taped their other PPV earlier in the day. Still, the wrestling on this show was very good and I would definitely recommend that people check this show out once it airs on PPV.
Doubt i'll watch this one, don't know most of the guys on here and even the ones I do know I don't give a shit about them.

Just like the other special show, in the end up it's just a throwaway show that achieves absolutely nothing. They may aswell have just kept the original PPV's but reduced the price of them because at least they served a purpose, advancing storylines, title changes etc.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'd probably watch just for that RVD/Lynn match. They always have pretty good matches against each other. That Ultimate X match looks good too. Aries/Joe is probably the show stealer for me. That's something I'd LOVE to see.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Still don't get why they're taping these so early in advance.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Why the fuck is this taping so early? I always think TNA can't get any stupider, but every day they prove me wrong.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Bringing back old names that use to work for them, Cool i guess.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah, I'll probably watch this even if I only care about Aries/Joe.

I'm also sure that guy that reported this is always X-Division friendly. I'm sure RVD/Lynn sucks as much as their other TNA matches especially if RVD makes an extra effort to jump into obstacles.

Last edited:

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I actually think it would be a good idea to reach out to a bunch of indy favorites and market these basically worthless Friday shows to your hardcore ROH-type fan. For a low enough price, they might be able to pull out a 1-5 thousand buyrate per-show of these. Probably could have done more with this show, however.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that it looks like a decent show, RVD/Lynn will be good and Petey Williams returning is a huge bonus. I wouldn't pay for the show, then again I have never bought a TNA show, but for the price it seems like okay value.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
[video=youtube;Z_2Z15eYr5U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z_2Z15eYr5U[/video]

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Joe/Aries very much has the feel of ROH crica 2004. Think I might check this out.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Someone leak this shit to the internet already.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So anybody buy / watch / download this show then?

Booker D

Reaction score
Card looks good on paper and should be worth the price just for either Austin Aries defeated Samoa Joe or Rob Van Dam defeated Jerry Lynn in a No DQ match. Not to mention you got Kaz, Daniels, King, Chavo, Ion, Doug Williams and Petey Williams is back.