One Night Only: Jokers Wild Tag Team Tournament *SPOILERS* - Airs May 3rd

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Rivals are intentionally paired as tag teams where the winning pair will win $100,000.

Christian York and James Storm defeated Crimson and Gunner. Storm and York cut a promo on each other after the match.

Mr Anderson Jessie Godderz defeated Kid Kash and Doug Williams.

Anderson and Godderz had real friction early on. After some exchanges, Anderson hits Godderz with a Mic Check and then pins Kash for the win.

Samoa Joe and Daniels defeat RVD and Chavo Guerrero when Joe counters RVD's frog splash and gives RVD a muscle buster finisher.

Joseph Park and Bobby Roode defeat Robbie E and Zema Ion after Park turns on his 'Abyss mode' and cleans house. Roode tags back in and covers Zema Ion.

D.O.C. and Devon defeat Hernandez and Alex Silva. Devon D.O.C.and are elated that they were picked. D.O.C. pins Silva after giving him a chokeslam

Matt Morgan and Robbie T defeat Al Snow and Joey Ryan. Joey Ryan and Matt Morgan refused to wrestle against each other throughout the match. After Rob Terry and Al Snow wrestled for a few minutes, they realized that they had to force Morgan and Ryan to wrestle. Joey Ryan was tagged in and he begins attacking his own partner Al Snow. Then Morgan tags in nails Snow with the Carbon Footprint.

The winning teams are all part of the gauntlet match. This pay per view is more confusing than the king of the mountain match.

The second half was a free for all battle royale style match. Here is how i can remember the wrestlers being eliminated. Joseph Park, D.O.C, Jessie Godderz, Daniels, Robbie T, Samoa Joe, Ken Anderson, Christian York, Morgan. Both Devon and Storm are on the apron fighting. Mike Knox comes out to help Devon and goes to attack James Storm but he accidentally helps Storm eliminate Devon. As storm is on the ropes eyeing the elimination of Devon, Roode sneaks up and tries to eliminate stormStorm while he was holding on to the ropes from the outside apron. Storm counters and manages to get back into the ring and nails Roode with a superkick for the win.

Storm wins $100,000
I might try and give this a watch to see what it's like but it seems pretty garbage and accomplishes absolutely nothing. I mean they could have had some more interesting pairings though. They could have done a Beer Money and Team 3D reunion even if they don't use those names.

Reaction score
Re: One Night Only: Jokers Wild Tag Team Tournament *SPOILERS*

And they'll expect people to pay $15 for this nonsense? Their idea is sound in theory, but if they cannot execute it, then dropping to 4 live PPVs a year won't change a thing.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

Seems kind of meh to me. I don't quite understand the purpose of it though.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

Seems kind of meh to me. I don't quite understand the purpose of it though.

Well according to impactwrestling.com, the purpose is to reduce to 4 main PPV's, with "In Your House" 2 hour PPVs in the off months. It goes on to say that the ladnscape of PPV has changed over the years, and they want to be current(as in 1995 current).

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

I'm sorry but none of these matches look appealing at all and just looks like one big mind fuck of a clusterfuck.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It sounds like WCW's BattleBowl. I wouldn't mind watching Joe/Daniels v.s RVD/Chavo though.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
MAY 3RD WTF!? This is insane! Also the idea of giving away money to the winners of a tournament is so 1980s.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Damn when I read the initial concept for this show I expected proper tag teams facing off in a tournament and I was looking forward to that. I have no interest in this pairing of rivals to team together to try to win a spot in the mainevent match.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
"The first round of this special will create some intriguing tag team matches. For one night only, old partners will reunite and bitter enemies must work together in order to advance. Once in the finals, however, any friendships or forged alliances will quickly disappear as the wrestlers will compete in a winner-take-all gauntlet battle royal, where it's every man for himself and the winner will receive $100,000!!!"

[video=youtube;ghOww7rM6YM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghOww7rM6YM&feature=player_embedded[/video]