One Latin Superstar jealous of Sin Cara and One Not?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Rate the WrestleMania Day 3

WrestleMania XIV came in with a 72, falling behind the leading WrestleMania 21, next up is WrestleMania V.
wm5.jpg

WrestleMania V took place at Trump Plaza in Atlantic City on April 2,1989.

Results

Hercules def. King Haku

The Twin Towers def. The Rockers

Brutus Beefcake and Ted DiBiase resulted in a double count out.

The Bushwhackers def. The Fabulous Rougeaus

Mr. Perfect def. the Blue Blazer

WWF Tag Team Championship
Demolition def. The Powers of Pain and Mr. Fuji

Dino Bravo def. Ronnie Garvin

The Brain Busters def. Strike Force

Piper’s Pit with Morton Downey Jr.

Jake Roberts def. Andre the Giant (Big John Studd as Ref.)

The Hart Foundation def. Rhythm and Blues

WWF Intercontinental Championship
Rick Rude def. the Ultimate Warrior

Jim Duggan and Bad News Brown resulted in a no contest

The Red Rooster def. Bobby Heenan

WWF Championship
Hulk Hogan def. Randy Savage

Guest appearances by Donald Trump, Run DMC, and Morton Downey Jr.

I give this Mania a solid 7/10, since I didn't see this one, it sounds pretty interesting and had the legendary Piper's Pit with the fire extinguisher, plus it had one hell of a main event.

Wrestling Station

7/10 was a slow event in my opinion. But decent booking.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Rumors recently surfaced online indicating that Rey Mysterio asked World Wrestling Entertainment officials to release him from his contract following WrestleMania XXVII. Mysterio, however, shot down the rumors on his Twitter account, saying he did not ask to be released and that he will be around for a while.

Former WCW star Konnan, a longtime friend of Mysterio, told Pro Wrestling Torch writer Jason Powell via e-mail that the assumption that the SmackDown star is bothered by the recent signing of Mexican sensation Sin Cara is way off. He said Mysterio isn't the type to be jealous. Rather, he welcomes new talent as potential rivals or teammates.

It would appear that Mysterio and Sin Cara will be kept on opposite WWE brands for the time being as the newcomer is slated to initially work Raw live events. He made his first appearance inside a WWE ring at last night's Raw house show in Assembly Hall in Champaign, Illinois, defeating WWE Superstars fixture Primo.

Meanwhile, Alberto Del Rio was asked to comment on WWE signing Sin Cara during an interview published earlier this week on latino.foxnews.com. While the article says he is "pleased" to hear WWE sign a fellow countryman, he doesn't acknowledge Sin Cara in particular. He instead says that he's happy WWE is using a number of Latino wrestlers, before turning the subject back to himself.

"I'm just happy this company uses so many Latino talent," Del Rio said. "There is so much talent out there, from Puerto Rico to Mexico, just to name a few. I hope it continues like that. Because of that, I am here and getting all these opportunities.â€￾

According to f4wonline.com editor Bryan Alvarez, the claim of Del Rio being "pleased" about Sin Cara joining WWE is contrary to a behind the scenes story he heard. However, he would not elaborate.

I find this to be BS.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Of course Del Rio should be jealous, Sin Cara is going to be pushed to the moon while Del Rio will continue to struggle on SmackDown with a lack of airtime, high calibre matches and knowing he will never become WHC. Oh wait...

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
This report makes no sense at all. If anything ADR is probably happy as he said himself. So yeah this is pretty much baseless.

Mikel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mranderson
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
crimson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
curthawkins
I think Mysterio is jealous, just a bit.. And who wouldn't?

You wrestle for 10+ years in the WWE, and all of a sudden, 2 Mexican/Latin wrestlers come to the WWE in a 7-month span and you're trying to find a way how to out-wrestle them...

I'm a ADR fan, not a Mysterio fan.. So, thats me saying that trying to be unbias.

Jay

Reaction score
Of course Del Rio should be jealous, Sin Cara is going to be pushed to the moon while Del Rio will continue to struggle on SmackDown with a lack of airtime, high calibre matches and knowing he will never become WHC. Oh wait...

WTF are you talking about? How many people win the Rumble in their first time around? How many people can Main Event Mania in their first time?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
You totally missed the sarcasm in his post :lol:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
WTF are you talking about? How many people win the Rumble in their first time around? How many people can Main Event Mania in their first time?
FAIL

Mikel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mranderson
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
crimson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
curthawkins
And I'd say Del Rio would be a little jealous too, not as much as Mysterio, but somewhat jealous.

Sin Cara's ability is going to match up with Alberto's and I hope we see these two collide in the ring during a Cross-Branded 3-Hour Show we have like 3-4 times a year on Mondays.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
You do know that Rey has already proven himself, ushered in Lucha Libre to America, and been to the top of the mountain, whereas Dos Caras played second fiddle to Mistico in CMLL and Mexico for a while right?

The fact is ADR and Sin Cara will always have the shadow and legacy of Rey Mysterio over their head, not the other way around. And Rey also doesn't have to learn or figure out how to out wrestle them because he can just do what he did at EC, which was flat out do it with the world watching him and using an American style.