Ole Anderson Blasts Vince & HOF

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deuce

Reaction score
--Original Four Horsemen member Ole Anderson has criticized Vince McMahon and WWE about his exclusion from the Horsemen line-up in WWE's Hall of Fame announcement this week. Anderson's comments came in an interview with Mike Mooneyham.
"Vince McMahon hates my guts, and I don't like him. So that's all there is to it," Anderson said. "To be a part of that, anyone with a brain knows who the first Four Horsemen were. It was me and Arn and Ric and Tully Blanchard, and J.J. Dillon was the manager. So if they don't know that, they don't know anything about wrestling anyway. So what's the difference?"

Anderson said he couldn't make the Hall of Fame anyway due to his health.

"I'm so screwed up from the multiple sclerosis," he explained. "I'm in a wheelchair right now, and that thing kills me after a little while and then I have to lay down. That's my routine. How would I get there? By car? I couldn't do that. By airplane? I just couldn't get there."

Recent news.

-- As we noted earlier here on the website, Mike Mooneyham of The Post & Courier spoke with original Four Horsemen member Ole Anderson this week about the group being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. Here's some more of what Ole had to say:

"Vince McMahon hates my guts, and I don't like him. So that's all there is to it. To be a part of that, anyone with a brain knows who the first Four Horsemen were. It was me and Arn and Ric and Tully Blanchard, and J.J. Dillon was the manager. So if they don't know that, they don't know anything about wrestling anyway. So what's the difference?"

"Vince McMahon is never going to call me. I hate his guts just like he hates mine. It's no big deal."

"I can't go anywhere anyway. I'm so screwed up from the multiple sclerosis. I'm in a wheelchair right now, and that thing kills me after a little while and then I have to lay down. That's my routine. How would I get there? By car? I couldn't do that. By airplane? I just couldn't get there."

"I told Vince McMahon to go (expletive deleted), and I wouldn't change my mind now."

Harsh words by Anderson, I doubt he will show up for the event.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
He won't be there but he has a point. He was the original not Windham. Now you could argue they had their most success with Barry and that's how the WWE is going to play it off, but He has a point.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think whether he has a point or not becomes irrelevant when he seems like he wouldn't want to attend anyways since he hates Vince and vice versa. There has been many versions of the horsemen so I think you have to go with the one that was most successful and well known and that happened to be the one.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This shows why Vince didn't invite him, he would never have accepted it anyway and Vince is always going to go with guys that will actually accept the award and say nice things. It will still be a big moment with the most popular incarnation of the group.

Reaction score
Someone is a little bitter.

Go with the popular/successful version over the original. I'm more intrigued by Flair's involvement and the TNA situation.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Ole is being disrespected here as far as I'm concerned. Not surprising he'd be snubbed by WWE, though. It's not like he's going to get in there by himself even if I think he should be. Windham is often getting praised by WWE.

However even if he did come it sounds like he wouldn't be able to do much during the acceptance speech. The show itself is usually just a borefest so just knowing who is in and who is not is all I need to know. So I guess it's not the biggest deal because it's not like any real wrestling fan like he said doesn't know who the original Four Horsemen were so for me I'm just going to at least act like he was inducted with the rest.

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
"I can't go anywhere anyway. I'm so screwed up from the multiple sclerosis. I'm in a wheelchair right now, and that thing kills me after a little while and then I have to lay down. That's my routine. How would I get there? By car? I couldn't do that. By airplane? I just couldn't get there."

"I told Vince McMahon to go (expletive deleted), and I wouldn't change my mind now."

Recent news.
Harsh words by Anderson, I doubt he will show up for the event.

:Smiley_DAMN:

BadBooking

Reaction score
Ole Anderson is one bitter bitter man. He was pretty much coerced out of the Horsemen legit, and since Vince doesn't share his booking philosophies, that automatically makes Vince and his ideals enemies. Seriously, Ole has one mindset when it comes to wrestling, and while it worked at one time, it doesn't now.

If Ole and Vince made up, then we'd see him.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Ole has every right to be bitter nowadays. He worked his ass for years and since wrestling has changed are we supposed to forget how much he contributed? He may not like the direction Mr. McMahon took it but he still deserves to be respected for his accomplishments in this business.

jax_the_ax

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
vader
The WWE HoF is a joke if it is based off biased and popularity. It shouldn't be about who has a beef with who, or what they did in their personal life. It should be based off how they performed not how people feel about each other. Mostly in refernce too Benoit, Savage etc.

Reactions: 1 person
Reaction score
Benoit should never go into the HoF. Forget how good he was in the ring fact is he's a cold blooded child killer and doesn't deserve any recognition whatsoever.

Reactions: 1 person

jax_the_ax

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
vader
You have a concussion a year and try to function with scrambled eggs for a brain. He didn't kill them in the ring or anywhere near his house shouldn't effect how well he was in the ring. The WWE Hall of Fame dosen't say WWE and Humanitarian hall of fame.

I'm not saying what he did was excusable but what he did in his homelife shouldn't effect how hard he worked during his career and not be recognized.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I wish the world thought like that Jax, but the media would end up killing Chavo Guerrero and Rey Mysterio if they did this.

BadBooking

Reaction score
The WWE HoF is a joke if it is based off biased and popularity. It shouldn't be about who has a beef with who, or what they did in their personal life. It should be based off how they performed not how people feel about each other. Mostly in refernce too Benoit, Savage etc.

I don't know if you know this, but Savage's dying wish was that he didn't want to be inducted in the Hall, unless it was with his brother and father too. I for one don't agree with that assessment, but if that is what man wants, the man gets.
Bruno Sammartino is one of those guys who declines the HoF invitation every time.
Damn did this topic get OT real fast.

jax_the_ax

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
vader
I don't know if you know this, but Savage's dying wish was that he didn't want to be inducted in the Hall, unless it was with his brother and father too. I for one don't agree with that assessment, but if that is what man wants, the man gets.
Bruno Sammartino is one of those guys who declines the HoF invitation every time.
Damn did this topic get OT real fast.

Sounds like some made up BS to hide the fact that Vince and Savage had a beef outside the ring. If you can find the link I would love to read it, but at face value it sounds pretty corny.

Status
Not open for further replies.