• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Oldest wrestling match known to man FOUND (1920) Video inside.

Evil Austin

Well it did take me a while to find this (Don't say I just looked it up on you tube I found it on an old old site where I added the you tube code to their code.) but I was wondering what was the oldest peice of recorded footage from anything to do with wrestling in the world and I found it.

It is dated in January 1920. Madison Square Garden New York City (Apparently don't quote me on it). And here is the video in the bad quality it is don't expect DVD quality cause the video is obviously old and when someone uploaded it, it wouldn't be in the best condition.

Anyway without any further introduction here is a Very interesting piece of history here! Rare footage from the Earl Caddock vs Joe Stecher match on January 30th 1920. The match took place at the second Madison Square Garden in New York City. Stecher pinned Caddock in 2:05:00 using a wristlock and his finishing hold, the body scissors.

[YT]JQl6mmAtkbE[/YT]

Now you guys can actually say that you saw a match from 1920!

Thoughts, I had a feeling some of you old school wrestling junkies would like to view this peice of wrestling history and well yeh, thanks. XD

Edit - I may be wrong but was this back when wrestling used to be real?

I'm fairly sure this is back when it was legit. I saw this ages ago, and it's amazing to see the changes wrestling has undergone in around a century.

Evil Austin

And besides Hogan, McMahon and a few others that really gave the changes' in wrestling history a push I would like to give a wrestling fact that maybe not everyone heard off which was.

Andre the giant in the mid 60's was the man who told Vince the idiea of putting it on TV. Vince then took that idea and ran with it. All the old video clips from before that era were from people in the crowd taking things with cam-quarters.

Reaction score
This is truly cool. Just think of how unbelievably infantile it was in that day! No Japanese or Lucha influence yet! No hardcore matches! Were there tag teams?