Old School Nintendo thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
Not sure if there is a older thread on this, didn't see one.

But what were your favorite games from the old school 8 bit NES system? What were some random oddball games you liked. Favorite memories.

Just recently i got Dragon Double on my Wii, and have been playing that game. I was hoping they would have the 2nd and 3rd game there.

Favorite Game: Punch Out - Classic! Simple yet very addicting. Little Mac taking on competitors of all shapes and sizes. Still considered a top game so this date.

Honorable Mention - Super Mario 3 - argueably the best mario game. Many peoples favorite Nintendo game.

Underrated game - Darkwing Duck - came out towards the end of the system, yet a really fun game.

Other games i liked growing up.

Zelda
Mario 1 + 3
Darkwing Duck
Flintstones
Duck Hunt
Super Dodge Ball
Tiny Toons
Double Dragon
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Mega Man's
Skate or Die
Contra
BattleToads
Zirby
Castlevania

Games that sucked

Smash TV
Star Topics
Mario 2 (Sophmore Slump)
link (Sophmore Slump)
Load Runner

Wordlife

Reaction score
Mario 1 and 3
Final Fantasy
Tetris
Ninja Gaiden
Mega Man
Metroid
and I LOVED Contra!

Reaction score
Man, so glad to see a thread like this!!!

Ninja Gaiden series - I really only played Ninja Gaiden 2 up until I played the trilogy on SNES, but, the Ninja Gaiden games were EPIC!! They were ALL a challenge! It's not enough to just be a side scroller, but you got to worry about enemies that appear out of thin air at the last possible fraction of a second, and the always fun "back hit" crap!!! Sonofabitch!

Batman- One of the hardest games i've ever played, and have never beaten!!! But damn was it fun! Plus, i'm a huge Batman fan!

Battletoads- This needs no explanation other than FUCK THE TUNNEL!!!

World Class Track Meet- A very unique game at the time...and I still can't beat Rabbit! Even with that damn punch the mat trick!

Legend of Zelda- This needs absolutely no explanation whatsoever!

The Flintstones- EVERYBODY was a fan of The Flintstones! And the fact that they had a game where you got to meet the Jetsons was only a bonus!!

Xevious- This was just a really cool game. It was basic enough, nothing too unique, but, for some reason, something about it just made it awesome!!

Reaction score
Mike Tyson's Punchout!
Tecmo Bowl
Crash and the Boys Street Challenge
Joust
Super Mario Bros 3
Maniac Mansion
Super Dodge Ball- these guys also made Crash and the Boys, both awesome and unsung games
MegaMan 2
Contra
TMNT: The Manhattan Project: easily the best of the Turtles arcade style brawlers, gorgeous graphics for the NES
Captain Skyhawk

Reaction score
TMNT: The Manhattan Project: easily the best of the Turtles arcade style brawlers, gorgeous graphics for the NES
Captain Skyhawk

I'm surprised to see another TMP fan. Alot of people thought that game sucked. I thought it was great!! But damn was it hard! And Captain Skyhawk was the shit! I never beat that game. I got to the end once, but, then I got my ass kicked. It was a really good game. I hated going through those damn canyons. If just 1 pixel wasn't right smack in the middle of the canyon, bye bye Skyhawk!