Official WWE 2K14 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
That makes sense but the character models were turned in at the start of march. Big E and Fandango both had their big match debuts at mania. They said there would be DLC for those who werent turned in at March. Fandango didnt even have a set dancer back then

I expect Big E, Fandango, Trish, and RVD all in one pack. There's really no way to explain Trish going into the HoF and not being in, as well as her WM match history and rivalry with Lita and Steph. I believe the Wyatt Family will be pack 2

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I hope with 2k taking over for real next time they do roster updates like they do in 2k where they would just add the guy in the game if they were on the current roster. Shouldn't have to buy dlc for characters that should already be in the game

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oh come on, Fandango is almost excusable but they've had guys in games that debuted later before DLC was a thing, no problem. And I didn't even realize no Big E :lmao he debuted in January and OTUNGA IS STILL IN THE GAME :lmao

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Oh come on, Fandango is almost excusable but they've had guys in games that debuted later before DLC was a thing, no problem. And I didn't even realize no Big E :lmao he debuted in January and OTUNGA IS STILL IN THE GAME :lmao
Otunga got in because he was in The Call

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The call has nothing to do with WWE television esp since it wasn't like he was a major part in the movie at all lol.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He got like 5mins, lol, but hey he gave his all. That and he is just a guy you want to see face punched in by your controlled character

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That is probably bout as good of a reason you can think of as to why he is in the game over guys who have been on T.V.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
We both know the real reason. He's Mr Hudson

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Otunga got in because he was in The Call

Because that helps sell the video games right? Nah, he got in because he was in the last couple. Bet nothing is changed about his character model whatsoever.

Kassidy

Reaction score
March is the deadline to set it in stone not when they are done working on models, they updated models well after march as they added Reigns' sleeve; He was in WM, they should have had him on the list and ready to be made. Big E was still around and like ryback, seth, dean, they could have made a move set for Big e based off NXT and house shows since they get to see all of that. There is no real excuse for either of these other than priority was else where (Legends).

they should be free day one dlc along with Usos, as their excuse for little tv time doesn't work with some others being in. Paying for usos two times would be pretty shitty, update the 13 models with facepaint and send them out.

Axel has a chance at DLC along with his dad becoming playable as he is locked to only a manager currently.

Wyatts aren't going to make this game at all, already confirmed not dlc as well by Cory on twitter.

Reactions: 1 person

Dash

Reaction score
I read somewhere that Axel, Fandango & Summer Rae, Big E and The Usos would be day one DLC.

In fact, that's apparently the reason that they kept Fandango out of the main roster, because they wanted to have Summer with him.

Watched the stream for the new movesets last night... Dude I've never been so hyped for a WWE game based solely on the amazing moves we were shown last night... That Seth Rollins move set is just.... WOW!

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Day 1 DLC is free right? Because I'm sure as hell not payin' for wrestlers that are already done that should be in the game.

Dash

Reaction score
This year, we only had one free DLC on the first day and I think it was Layla. Not entirely sure, but from what I remember, that was it.

From what it looks like this year, our free DLC will be Fandango and Summer Rae seeing as he was meant for the in game roster anyway but they kept him out so that they could have Summer in with him. I'm guessing that the others will be 80msp equalivent to whatever currency you use. But then again, this is 2K now and not THQ so we could be in for a surprise with more than one free DLC. Either way, the streak mode, the mania mode, the new improved universe and those fantastic new moves have me sold on this game.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'll just wait until someone copies the exact frame of Curtis Axel then and download it for free.

Dash

Reaction score
[video=youtube;0xARXyPhhlA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0xARXyPhhlA#t=2639[/video]

30:59 - DAT GOLDBERG submission :mark:
38:17 - Goldberg move
38:39 - Dat New Last Ride
39:06 - Young and PTP moves
40:11 - Those Sandow Moves :mark:
41:17 - Cesaro moves!
43:05 - New Knee Trembler for Ambrose!
43:56 - Seth moves :mark:

Those Seth moves make me want this game based on them alone. The Sandow moves before, the Cesaro moves and even that apron one from Young are all moves I can't wait to use. There were some great comeback moments, OMG finishers and new submissions in the video too, especially the one from Goldberg.

I'm not going to say this stream is worth watching it all because they looped everything about 10 times, the OMG finishers were looped even more. But I'd definitely check out those moves I marked out with times. They were the highlights for me.