Official "Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights" Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

That was the most bullshit stoppage I have ever seen.

Tell me about it. You see Dana's reaction? He was like "WTF was that?" That was bullshit. I am just happy that Kimbo is completely off the show, his boy Marcus Jones is probably hurt or something, Kimbo will step back up and keep going. There was no way they hyped the hell out of Kimbo if he would just lose in the first round.

Marcus Jones is one BAMF on a side note.

noumenon

His inexperience in his ground game just shows like crazy though. Nelson got him in side mounts like nothing...and was on the verge of a wrist lock the whole time he was mounted.
The little love taps on the head were no reason to stop the fight. The only thing I could think was that Kimbo wasn't doing nearly enough to get out of it so the ref figured he couldn't.

xtremebadass

His inexperience in his ground game just shows like crazy though. Nelson got him in side mounts like nothing...and was on the verge of a wrist lock the whole time he was mounted.
The little love taps on the head were no reason to stop the fight. The only thing I could think was that Kimbo wasn't doing nearly enough to get out of it so the ref figured he couldn't.

Then the ref just should have just stood them up for real. I am so pissed right now :mad:

noumenon

A stand up would have been the logical thing to do. Kimbo wasn't getting out of that and Nelson could have hit him in the head like that all day and done nothing.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
If Nelson can take Kimbo down, he's done.

:D

Then the ref just should have just stood them up for real. I am so pissed right now :mad:

I agree with this to a degree. Problem is though this just showed that Kimbo has learned absolutely nothing since Elite XC and should probably go back to beating up scrubs in backyards.

noumenon

He completely shuts down once he's on the ground and like I said, shows ZERO attempt at offense/defense.
Perhaps boxing would have been a better avenue for Kimbo.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
the first round he tried his damn hardest to get up from the crucifix position he was in, using the cage and what not, the second round he wasnt near the cage to help use, even lesnar would have trouble getting out of that position. and lets not forget that nelson was the most experienced guy in there other than wes sims

MaZZacare

Reaction score
i was watchin it with my uncle who was all excited that kimbo was on the show. he didnt get why i had picked roy to beat kimbo and it happened exactly the way i said it would . Kimbo gets taken down an then roy lays on him.

that stoppage was pretty Bs i mean yeah i can understand its out of the safety for the fighters ans kimbo wasn't moveing . end of round one it looked like he was going to stop it to .

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Alright, now I'm confused. I thought that when you lost your match, you were eliminated. But I saw the guy from the 1st ep. that lost with the big gauge on his face. And then when Kimbo lost that fight, Dana said something about he can improve during the rest of his time here, and then talked about himn being on the next ep. Can somebody clear this up???

I didn't think would be so down to earth either. I thought he was a rough don't fuck with me kinda guy. That Enemy/Iner-me stufff he was saying actually made since.

xtremebadass

Alright, now I'm confused. I thought that when you lost your match, you were eliminated. But I saw the guy from the 1st ep. that lost with the big gauge on his face. And then when Kimbo lost that fight, Dana said something about he can improve during the rest of his time here, and then talked about himn being on the next ep. Can somebody clear this up???
Yea, basically Kimbo is out of the tournament but he is still on the rest of the show. The fighters who lose still train with their teams and learn as much as they can. However, if a fighter goes down, like they are hinting with Marcus Jones, a fighter who lost can fill in and have a second chance. If Spike and the UFC are teasing us this ain't going to be cool, Kimbo better get back in! I love Marcus Jones though, that guy is a certified badass no lie. I would hate to see him miss his chance. Atleast Kimbo can step up if he does go down.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Alright thanks. Was real confused about that.
Marcus does seem like a monster when they show'd next weeks preveiw. Sucks he's seems to be going down. I bet it's just a tease with them saying Kimbo might step in. It's a smart move though considering the ratings this weeks show drew.

xtremebadass

I can just imagine the ratings for next week...

Random Guy #1: HEY BRO! WANNA WATCH THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER?

Random Guy #2: KIMBO LOST! FUCK THAT SHIT!

Ratings will drop significantly.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Which is why they are teasing us. They know that without Kimbo those ratings will tank. So they are gonna still give him as much exposure as possible.