Official UFC 115 Discussion Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Reaction score
This should be the ultimate nail in the coffin to Chuck's fighting career. Dana stated before this fight that a 1st round KO would signal Liddell's retirement. If the guy still wants to fight, I would not permit it if I was Dana. He is much too old, and just plain not good enough. Sure if his game was better I would say fine, but he has just dropped the ball time and time again. He isn't like Randy, who in some cases improves with age.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Just saw the fight and Liddell was lookin pretty good. He broke Franklin's arm with one kick, he was pressuring Franklin the whole fight. He just got caught. Chuck hasn't won a fight in three years, it's time to call it a career Chuck.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
"UFC President Dana White has said that Chuck Liddell will not fight again following his first-round loss to Rich Franklin at UFC 115."

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/28127.html

It was a good run Chuck. I appreciate the matches you had. Call it a career - don't go tarnish your career by going to fight in some second rate organization.

I want to say Liddell has too much pride to go into some rinky dink fight promotion like a Mark Coleman or Ken Shamrock, but then again Liddell should have been done awhile ago but just wanted to keep fighting. I sure hope Chuck doesn't do something stupid.

King_Ash

Reaction score
Although alot of people are saying Chuck has no chin anymore is fair enough, but I dont think people are giving enough credit to Franklin, hes got power in his hands too and he showed it. As for Chuck being done, I would hope not but I dont think we will see him return in the octagon.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
Liddell honestly doesn't look too bad. He's probably still better than half of the fighters in the division. He only got beat by the elite fighters. His chin is too soft now though it's taken too much punishment. No matter how hard you train you can't have prevented that.

-TJ-

Reaction score
I honestly thought he was doing good, its just his chin is to soft. Sad really. He looked like he would be making a comeback, but good job Franklin.

Death

Reaction score
man i miss the liddel and franklin match, anyone knows who won ?

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Did anyone think that Franklin beating Chuck may not have been all Liddel being done and partailly Franklin just being more prepared than Chuck?

If you watched the prelims and everything everyone was basically writing off Franklin, Dan White even went off about that for some LOLs on my behalf. The build up almost made it seem like Franklin was supposed to be inferior to The Iceman. Who I do think is done. D-O-N-E. He was great, quite possibly the best ever, but you have to know when to call 'em. Don't end up like the Ric Flair of the MMA world.