Official UFC 115 Discussion Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Baller

Reaction score
Main card

• Light Heavyweight bout: Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin
  • Heavyweight bout: Mirko Cro Cop vs. Patrick Barry
  • Welterweight bout: Paulo Thiago vs. Martin Kampmann
  • Heavyweight bout: Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel
  • Welterweight bout: Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald
Preliminary Card (Spike)
  • Lightweight bout: Tyson Griffin vs. Evan Dunham
  • Lightweight bout: Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman
I am pretty meh on this card, as I really don't think Liddell vs Franklin will be any good, as Liddell doesn't have too much in the tank left, and Franklin is too fast and too good of a boxer for Liddell.

The only things that interest me is Cro Cop making his return back to the octagon, and I see him winning and putting himself into title contention once again, and Thiago should be in a good fight as well.

Overall, not a card I am going to spend 50 dollars on, especially when I am on July 3, for UFC 116

phantomgerald

Reaction score
This card lacks a marquee title fight or a huge grudge match like Rashad/Rampage. Liddell/Franklin at this stage should be co main event. Basically all the fights on the card should be one spot lower than where they are. And did you just say Cro Cop and title contention?

xtremebadass

Reaction score
This PPV had SpikeTV written all over it, but they couldn't put TUF Finale and this event both on SpikeTV almost one right after another.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Only fighter I want to see here is Pat Barry. He is the guy who almost became homeless and lived off ketchup packets or something right?

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Fuck spending $50, I wouldn't even head to the bar for this.

Like XBA said this sceams SpikeTV, two old timers headlining? What is this the Hulkamania Tour?

King_Ash

Reaction score
Is it me or is this card shit, yeah chuck and franklin is worth watching but the rest are crap

Reaction score
Rothwell vs Yvel doesn't sound too bad, and Thiago vs Kampmann could be interesting.

Like everybody else said though, I certainly would pay 50 bucks to see it. But hey, I'll go out to a bar and watch for free for something to do on a Saturday night.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
I might be thinking we shouldn't write this fight off so quickly. Remember the last time the card got lambasted? It was Rashad/Silva and it turned out pretty good.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Wait, is this an international PPV? Usually the PPV across the pond or something like that are usually weaker than the ones in America.

Reaction score
So was that the last we'll see of Chuck in the UFC? I hope not, he was doing pretty well until that fist to the face. Age is obviously catching up to him though.

Kassidy

Reaction score
I enjoyed the card overall, My thoughts:

Fuck yea, Condit is the man lol
Ben and Gil are 2 despicable and worthless hws, both won't go anywhere in the ufc, anyone with decent cardio can beat these 2
good fight between paulo and kamp, nuttin to complain about
Great fight between pat and mirko, after roud 1 i thought pat was going to take it but Mirko came back hard and Pat shows how much of a glaring weakness he has in the ground game, mirko almost had that choke multiple times cuz pat never defended it. If pat actually jumped on mirko he could have finished him but respect and wanting a stand up fight coasted him the fight.
Great fight overall, a nice 1 round brawl that ends showing that chuck should retire now and don't add anymore unneeded losses to his career