Official "UFC 112: Invincible" Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Pretty decent card overall. Really stumped at Anderson/Maia. Annoyed it lasted five rounds and nothing really happened in the last 3. I was laughing and enjoying the first 2 rounds, but surely he should've stepped up and taken him on a little. Urgh.

Penn V Edgar was a decent fight. Not too much happened here either. I agree with those who say Penn didnt look the same. He seemed out of shape, or slower, or something. Edgar just moved too quick and landed enough to get the judges decision. I'm interested to see where Penn goes from here...

Gracie/Hughes was pretty good! First round and a half were pretty slow, a lot of 'feeling the other guy out' went on. Great to watch Hughes literally destroy Gracie's base, and knock him to the floor. Really shocked at how well those leg kicks worked for him.

And yes Kass - that gator roll with the anaconda choke was EPIC, lol.

nation

Reaction score
[yt]Q2wlP_Vj3W0[/yt]

Dana is PISSED! I would be to when some people claim he is the best "pound for pound fighter" and he shits all over a number one contender to his title, the UFC executives, and everyone who payed to see that shitfest. Second fucking time it's happened. At UFC 90 he had a bullshit fight with Patrick Cote. Fuck Silva. It's obvious he doesn't give a shit. Best fighter in the world? Yep fuck you. Fedor is the best.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
lol @ Silva's two worst fights in his UFC runs are the ones that went to decision...also the two fights that Dana White got pissed about. (Maia and Leites)

Seriously, I think Dana is going to really screw over Silva here, I am not sure how, but you don't cross Dana White he will be your ass.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
I hope Sonnen or GSP pounds his face in. Just absolutely destroy his fucking face break his arm and legs, just keep smashing even after the bell rings. Just get all the team Quest members in. Get Hendo, Sonnen and alll their other guys just make it a giant fuckfest and just smash him. I don't give a shit if DOs Santos and the Nog brothers want to jump in. Just all smash him. I hate Silva!

nation

Reaction score
Fedor might be the only guy capable of destroying him. To bad he's still not in the fucking UFC. Get him signed already.

J...

Reaction score
Silva bandwagon hating is goin to get annoying fast. He is still pound for pound the best fighter in the world. Maybe shit like this wouldn't happened if UFC actually put him against fighter who gave him a fight thats all he wants is someone who can actually compete on his level. Just look at how angry he was getting in the second round.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
Silva bandwagon hating is goin to get annoying fast. He is still pound for pound the best fighter in the world. Maybe shit like this wouldn't happened if UFC actually put him against fighter who gave him a fight thats all he wants is someone who can actually compete on his level. Just look at how angry he was getting in the second round.

Let's first take all his comments about fighting GSP then moving to HW at face value. Do you honestly, from the bottom of your heart, think that Silva can fight at WW and actually beat St Pierre. He's got Soares helping him plan all this PR moves. What he wants to achieve is getting GSP to agree to the fight, then he'll request it be at catchweight. I can fucking guarantee you that SIlva does not have the balls to fight GSP at WW.

Secondly, he beat Griffin and Irvin, so what? Let him fight Rashad or Rampage and we'll see him get his ass handed to him. That'll shut his mouth about fighting at HW.

I've been anti Silva since he won the MW title, but back then it would be absurd for me to say that Silva is too thick headed to respect anyone, but now, I think the evidence is here for all to see.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Silva would definitely have his hands full with Evans or Rampage. Silva hasn't really been tested at LHW when you think about it. You can call those knockouts lucky. I really want to see how he lasts in a full 1 or 2 rounds fighting at LHW. Throw him in there with Couture, it might not turn out too well, but it will be a big name fight. Couture is 2-0 at LHW so far and so is Silva.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
Yeah Couture would make sense. The loser of Rampage/Rashad would make sense too.