Official TWC Avatar Contribution Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
*Official Wrestlemania 23 Thread*

Post anything related to Wrestlemania 23 here. Proposed cards, rumors, feuds, returns, anything and everything to do with the greatest spectacle in sports entertainment can be posted here.

Official Card So Far

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Batista(c) vs. Undertaker

WWE Championship Match
John Cena(c) vs. Shawn Michaels

Battle of the Billionares - Losing Billionare gets there Head Shaved
Umaga w/Vince McMahon vs. Bobby Lashley w/Donald Trump
Special Guest Ref: Stone Cold Steve Austin

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Edge vs. CM Punk vs. King Booker vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Finlay vs. Matt Hardy vs. Randy Orton

8 Man Tag Match
ECW Originals (RVD, Dreamer, Sandman & Sabu) vs. New Breed (Striker, Cor Von, Burke & Thorn)

WWE Women's Title Match
Melina (c) vs. Ashley

Kane vs. The Great Khali

WWE United States Title Match
Chris Benoit (c) vs. MVP

Taker

Reaction score
Legends?

Do you think there will be any legends matches, like including Hulk Hogan or maybe Stone Cold Steve Austin & The Rock returning? Also do you think there will host a Hall of Fame induction this year?

This Guy

There will definatly be a hall of fame ceremony again. They were talking about holding it in Winsor Ontario this year since its right on the other side of the Canada/US border from Detroit. But I heard they settled on some hall in Detroit instead.

xtremebadass

Those two main events will single handedly sell this PPV, HBK back in the main event since WM XX and Taker back in it since WM 13. I hope there is Money in the Bank, and something with Hardy Boyz, that's going to be a great PPV.

Taker

Reaction score
There will probably be a Money In The Bank Ladder Match at WM 23, but if there is who would you like to compete in the MITB?

I would like the following wrestlers to compete:
Kane Vs. Finlay Vs. King Booker Vs. Shelton Benjamin Vs. Edge Vs. Randy Orton.

Truth

Reaction score
Well what Vince is doing is putting his two top veterans against his two top stars to sell this PPV crazily. An almost sure thing is Taker winning, since Batista blows, Vince knows it, Batista has no more future, hes 41 and well Taker aint losin his streak. Now HBK vs Cena on the other hand. Does HBK even want the belt? Will McMahon put another huge accomplishment under Cenas resume? I think HBK should win. If either Cena or Batista win they'll most likely be boo'ed, and Vince should know that. Also one last reign for both men is pretty much saying thanks for all your hard work heres your reward before you retire. And imagine the ratings! I also now think Lashley should go up against Mic Foley in an extreme rules match for hte title. THat wont happen though because what I think is Foley returns soon to help out hte originals take on Vince and the new breed leading to a Vince vs Foley street fight, and New Breed vs Originals extreme rules. (Hogan recently said on a radio show that he isnt working for WWE, if this is true it eliminates that whole Hogan vs Kahli with Trump and Vince managers). And Lashley should face...I'm not sure it depends on if theres a MITB. If there isnt then it should be Lashley vs Punk, if there is then it should be Lashley vs some dude.

Nation

I thought mick foley was suppose to have a match with nitro i guess not.

MITB let me see Shelton Benjamin vs. Kenny Dykstra vs. Finlay vs. Sabu vs. King Booker vs. Kane

Matches i hope happen

Hardys vs. MNM

Cm Punk vs. RVD

Randy Orton vs. Edge

King_Ash

Reaction score
How can you want to see the Hardys vs. MNM, that **** is old... I hate when they play it out for weeks and weeks and weeks, if you have seen 1 tag match you have seen them all.

xtremebadass

I am hoping for a tag title match with MNM and the Hardys, but i hope its not TLC or ladder because then they cant have MITB

I hope MITB is like this
CM Punk vs. Kenny vs. MVP vs. Kennedy vs. Carlito vs. Ric Flair

Montana

Its really too early to speculate, but i think Carlito is goin to beat hardy for the IC belt, Thus Flair vs Carlito for The IC Strap.

If you havent noticed this year most of the matches appear to be old school vs new school.

This is my opinion again, but i think we could see the hardys winning the tag belts, and face London/Kendrick in a singles tag match (boo) Maybe throw in Mnm And WGTT too.

But opens up for the MITB match Featuring

Kenny, Umaga, CM Punk RVD Kennedy Finlay

As truth meantioned earlier, the nitro vs foley rumors appear to be dead, but i wouldnt count it out. I'd perfer to see Foley involved with a ECW Angle.

And as truth mentioned again, Hogan says hes not goin to be at 23 (could be a swerve) Although anyone notice how Khali was NOT at raw this week? Coincidence? I dont think so.

xtremebadass

OMG Umaga in MITB would be the funniest thing I will ever see

Montana

I would like to see Umaga in there. You need a powerhouse in that type of match i think.

MITB 1 Kane
MITB 2 Lashley

Umaga is under rated for his size. I was impressed with his match at the rumble. I think he would be a good fit. Plus they dont have anythin else for him.

CenaMark54

I personally don't think there will be a MITB match this year. I think there will be a TLC tag match to unite the belts between WBTT vs Hardys vs MNM vs London/Kendrick.

I think some of these matches will be included as well;

Orton vs Edge

Hogan w/Trump vs Shane w/Vince: I know Hogan said he wouldnt be there but I think its an angle. Trumppays big bucks to lure Hogan out of retirement.

Mysterio vs Helms: Rey's coming back and I think he will take the belt off helms

Flair vs Carlito vs Kenny for the IC belt: Hardy will drop it soon because I think the hardys will reunite for good and win the tag belts at WM.

ECW originals vs the New Breed: I see Foley and Austin coming back for this match to actually draw some interest into it.

Kennedy, Benoit, MVP, Booker, Umaga, Kane, CM Punk will also be there I would assume, but I just don't know where any will fit in yet.

Taker

Reaction score
When Rey comes back from his injury, i don't think he will want to be going for the Cruiserweight Championship, he will go for somethink like the U.S Title from Chris Benoit.

CenaMark54

^^He is really the only option to take the belt off Helms though. Helms deserves to be in the US title hunt and I think he will get a strong push in that direction soon.