Official Smackdown! discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind that at all. Teddy D deserves a push. He's a good in ring talent.

SAL

Reaction score
I think the way they've eliminated this class of Nexus members sets up perfectly well for a different vision under Punk, where the jobbers get their chance and actually join for a purpose, to rebel against the upper tier guys.

Kairi

Reaction score
cole, i seriously wish booker would just hurt him, but good to see rey vs. punk

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Punk/Rey should own if given time but probably won't like Orton/Rey

TheGShow

Reaction score
We should try and keep this thread alive!

What do you guys think about the Del Rio and Christian fued?

Kairi

Reaction score
i like it so far. have been impressed with how del rio has did and always been a fan of christian so it's a win/win for me

TheGShow

Reaction score
Yeah same with me. I have been really enjoying the feud lately and I hope Christian wins.

KaneMM

Reaction score
I like it. They didn't really have to much buildup buts thats because Edge retired. To bad he retired, it could have been a great three man feud.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I actually really enjoyed SmackDown this week from top to bottom.

Funny little side point though, why was the TNA Xplosion lighting used throughout the Sin Cara / Swagger match lol.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So yeah, I thought this SmackDown was pretty fucking great. All the matches were really good and enjoyable (especially the end to Sheamus/Bryan) but that main event just took it over the edge.

Obviously i'm still pissed that he dropped it so soon, but I kind of feel a bit better about it after seeing the way the match panned out. I like the way that had Orton seem more humane and there was a great shot they did when Christian kicked out of something (DDT maybe?) and it zoomed in on his face and he was in disbelief. Really good back and forth match though and even though I don't know what they have planned over the next few weeks, I think it would played off great if this match happened on PPV instead.

rhetts jetski

Reaction score
Also enjoyed Smackdown this week. Bryan/Sheamus was a good opener and made both guys look strong, I love their chemistry and the fact they seem to always come up with new ways to use the Brogue Kick. Ezekiel looked like a beast in the Big Show match, I think he has a big future and now that he's split from The Corre I expect him to get an IC title run in the future. Kharma looked good as ever.

Tyson vs. Cara was a nice little match, probably the best from Cara yet. I hope he and Chavo feud all summer long because Chavo is the perfect person to really solidify him in the WWE. Orton vs. Christian was a really good match. I'm not a fan of the finish, but the more I think about it the less I care. Christian got a World Title and he'll probably get another in the future, it wasn't the culmination I had always expected; but Orton is the most over guy in the company and it's a good move to give him Smackdown.

Enjoyable show.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Hasn't came on yet over here but looks like it's one of the better SD's in a minute based on the two post above. I find it interesting that Chavo is gonna get a feud for once and it could actually turn out really well. Chavo of course probably won't win a match in the feud however the most important thing is just for the matches to turn out really good which they should.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
The potential Cara/Chavo fued sticks out to me just because of how they laid the foundation for it on this week's show. It wasn't just a bogus run-in attack from Chavo, it looks like it will be slowly built up over the weeks. I'm looking forward to what those two can offer together, and because Chavo hasn't been involved in a fued for WAY too long (vs Hornswoggle doesn't fucking count).

As for Orton vs Christian.... I'm REALLY hoping this will lead to a Christian heel turn, for three reasons:
1. WWE are low on credible top heels right now
2. If he doesn't, who else is there on Smackdown? Sheamus? Mark Henry? No.
3. Christian is just an awesome heel and he hasn't been heel since before TNA.

Judging from Christian's show-closing reaction, either WWE are teasing us, or he will gradually begin to get darker until he officially snaps on Orton (kinda how CM Punk was slowly turned heel while fueding with Jeff).