Official Smackdown! discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Thats amazing. Not the first time either. WCW Spring Stampede 1997 anyone? But at least that one was on PPV.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Do not get why they are pushing Kelly so hard.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So watching it back on TV last night they didn't dub the Booker N word out, but it was barely noticable and sounded very much like a fumble of words which is strange because in the video above, it just sounds like he threw the N word out there. Thought he did really well on commentary though.

Kelly sucks so hard though (literally too I would imagine) that promo she cut was so cringeworthy.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Figured I'd post this in here.

Green Bay Packers' player Clay Matthews recently took part in an interview with Busted Open satellite radio show, here are a few highlights:

On the role Triple H has taken backstage and if he gave Matthews some advice for his appearance on Smackdown:

"He was very involved. In fact, it was interesting to see how involved both Vince (McMahon) and Triple H are involved with this, in regards to what they want to see, the camera. So it was pretty interesting to see the other side of the industry....of the business. He's very involved. He told me what he'd like to see, what I should go out there and do, and how to play it up to the fans. Obviously, he's been doing it for years now and he had some good advice, so I took it to heart and hopefully I did a good job."

If there is a lockout in the NFL, could we see more of Clay Matthews in the ring?

"I don't know. I won't have a job so I'll need to have a secondary income and I think I've got a future in wrestling so hopefully you guys would want another long haired guy other there who knows how to sell. Just let me know where to sign and I'll be there."

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The WWE website is questioning whether Edge is still the World Heavyweight Champion following last night's episode of SmackDown.

The "Rated R Superstar" retained the belt over Dolph Ziggler after Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews replaced Vickie Guerrero as the bout's Special Guest Referee and made the three-count.

WWE.com published an interview with Matthews teasing controversy.

"And although Matthews wouldn't divulge who gave him the authority to be a WWE Official, the WWE Universe is left to wonder if Edge is still the World Heavyweight Champion and if Matthews’ power as a WWE Official ultimately supersedes that of an angry "acting" SmackDown General Manager in Vickie Guerrero."
Having a feeling they are gonna try and make it a 3 way at mania with Edge/Dolph/ADR

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Wouldn't be surprised to see Vickie strip Edge of the title and either give it to Dolph or make it vacant, with Edge still winning at EC.

SAL

Reaction score
Yeah, it's going to get resolved at EC, unless something else weird happens there. I think they're just going to vacate the title to make it seem more wide open.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Dolph has been playing up on Twitter that he's the WHC. Guess we'll find out on Raw.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Sounds like the title being vacant is fairly possible and will be defended in the chamber. Not a bad idea to me tho Edge prob still will retain.

Reaction score
Vickie will try and strip Edge, Teddy returns to negate her ruling, and Edge keeps his belt warm a little longer for Alberto

AF.

Reaction score
I'm loving Edge's title run so far. Better hold it to Mania unless they have something better planned for Alberto Del Rio's title match.

Reaction score
Alberto Del Rio should make Edge tap out clean at Wrestlemania.Edge's run as champion has been way better than Kane's to be fair.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The big tag match was kind of fun. Typical but fun.