Official Smackdown! discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

Lol, GM Mode is hard as fuck. I use the preset rosters, and use SD, damn, not only Raw has the best roster, but they book TLC's, First Blood, and Steel Cages all in one card

Switchy

Reaction score
I just finished Hall of Fame mode. It took me so long to do the Royal Rumble and MITB and I unlocked everything but I don't have no money to buy it with lol.

CMS, start GM Mode all over again and follow the instructions in Peeps post. I got GM of the year in less than 2 hours so that should help you.

JMay187

Reaction score
I like the game so far. For the 360 it just flows together. I like how you can run around the ring anyway you want that is really cool. The Story mode seems cool too.

the dark knight

i do not get, why all the hate? its 10 times better than last year's.

i played like a pig the 1st 2 days but i got busy and stopped. ill start playin again tonight.

reached survivor series in the 24/7 mode...not gonna use anyone else for the HOF mode except for me CAW.

as for the GM mode, ill finish it in 30 mins the same way i finished last year's and the year before's............

2 players, skip, skip, skip *advances to wrestlemania* make up a card for your show and leave the other, skip, you win.

The Rated R CMStar

Nah, I really enjoy GM Mode and I want to win it fairly. Right now I am using Raw current WWE roster, and I traded JTG and Shad for Mr. Kennedy and Matt Hardy. I am cleaning house in the ratings!!! Lol, SD's main event: Ashley vs Batista.

By the way, I caught a glitch. I was playing Randy Orton and Batista vs Sabu and Tomy Dreamer in a Ladder Match(Batista and Orton is the stable I am maxifying to face DX for the HOF chalenge). Orton is my WWE champ, and when he got the title of the ladder, when celebrating, both Batista and Orton had the WWE title.

JMay187

Reaction score
Some of the things in season mode are just stupid. You're in a rivalry with a guy and then walking down the hall your great friends with them and also when you win it is like you didn't win dominantly

The fighting styles get some getting used to but are good when you work them out

The extreme rules matches are great but the only bad part is you can only get one ladder not two

The hall of fame challenges are actually quite challenging some of them.

And thats about all from me

i think that there doing this to show that wrestling is a business and backstage everybody is friends.

btman

Reaction score
Not sure but I'm having some troubles.. I'm a technical and then showman wrestler... This is on my PS3 btw.

Soo.. First thing I learned is that your "Second" fighting style you only get the "secondary" abilities... To steal a finisher Showman must be your first and exetera..

As a technical wrestler...

I can't seem to run and press X or w.e to get behind the guy.. It just doesn't work :S

And I dislike how I have no clue as to how long my constant reversals last :S.

I learned brawlers can be damn cheap with the Fist of Fury thing... Specially as Undertaker...

They REALLY took alot out of the movesets... I was mainly a heavyweight in the last few games so I could lift Big Show and others...

But now with the limited moveset... I can easily fill my moves with ones that don't require lifting and become a light heavyweight because half the roster are light heavyweights now...

circle

Reaction score
I haven't played much of the game, but it's o.k. I wished it would run a little faster, but meh.

The Rated R CMStar

I actually like the game as it is definetly more challenging. Even though it is easily to mount a comeback, there are moments where the computer completely dominates you

Reinvented

Reaction score
i do not get, why all the hate? its 10 times better than last year's.

i played like a pig the 1st 2 days but i got busy and stopped. ill start playin again tonight.

reached survivor series in the 24/7 mode...not gonna use anyone else for the HOF mode except for me CAW.

as for the GM mode, ill finish it in 30 mins the same way i finished last year's and the year before's............

2 players, skip, skip, skip *advances to wrestlemania* make up a card for your show and leave the other, skip, you win.

I played like a monster cause I was sick so boom.......I played the season mode I like it a lot but like a Madden fan ill always buy this game......

phantomgerald

Hmm. I played the PSP version and it left alot to be desired. For the psp the graphics were quite good, but the female wrestlers looked like crap. Obviously not enough work put into the females.

In the 24/7 mode, there's no ECW story, and basically the RAW and SD story are the same, so I was a little disappointed.

Other than that, it's quite interesting.

P.S Eddie's fun to use.

Triple H

Reaction score
My Review Of Smackdown Vs Raw 2008

Game Title: Smackdown! Vs RAW 2008 featuring ECW Invasion
Date Of Release: Tuesday, November 14th 2007
Console: Nintendo Wii

SMACKDOWN! VS RAW 2008

I purchased my reserved copy of Smackdown Vs RAW 2008 for the Wii console. This game is a great step forward compared to the ’07 version released earlier this year. For Wii players, they would enjoy this more because it’s a fully interactive game, you must move both the Wii Remote and Nunchuk in order to complete certain maneuvers. For wrestling fans, I believe they would enjoy this game the most because mainly of the graphics and the introductions to new wrestlers that were not featured in the ’07 version of the game. New wrestlers like CM Punk, Elijah Burke, Marcus Cor Von, Tommy Dreamer, Sabu, And Extreme Expose Member Kelly Kelly From ECW. Also they have updated the entrance themes of certain wrestlers.

They have also brought up a few wrestlers that should have been introduced in the ’07 version but were not. If you’re a Hardy Boy fan then you’ll be glad to know that the game makers have introduced Jeff Hardy into the game, no more Jeff Hardy CAWs (Create A Wrestler) Anymore people. The one thing most fan’s were hoping for was all the Diva’s when in fact they only brought 7 into the game. Mickie James, Maria, Kelly
Kelly, Melina, Candice Michelle, Torrie Wilson, And Ashley Massaro.

Bad Qualities
There is a sour note in the game, every game has bad qualities but I was disappointed in the sour note in this game. Unlike all the other versions, for story mode (Main Event in game) it’s a horrible story mode version compared to the other games. If you were looking for story mode cutscenes and voices etc then this isn’t the game for you. They excluded that from game play due to the fact they needed more space for the new wrestlers, not to mention all the different arena’s.

Well one thing I liked the most was the new selection of Arena’s to wrestler in. They have everything from RAW to Smackdown! To ECW. They also have EVERY PPV that WWE & ECW have put on the air since New Years Revolution. This includes recent one as well. Like one PPV you might remember known as Cyber Sunday, they added that in. They also have old ones like December To Dismember.

Overall this is a great game if you want to play it for the wrestling and not for story mode. But into order to unlock wrestlers and PPV Arena’s you MUST complete story mode and make it to Main Eventer. The graphics overall deserve a 10-10 rating, they made it so sharp you could literally see the wrestler sweat when they do their entrance.

My Rating Of Smackdown Vs RAW 2008: 10 Stars

Wordlife1

Reaction score
Anyone know if we can replace gm's on gm mode? I want to use Tommy in gm mode. But he's the ecw gm.

The Rated R CMStar

No you can't, and don't talk to me of the GM mode, I am sick and tired of that mode, and I am not even close to win it