Official Smackdown! discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the dark knight

Very Shitty Roster. Yup, It's a WWE product.

What's the GM part of 24/7 mode like?
why would you care about the roster as much as the gameplay, storyline and features?

and the GM part is the same i think with extra features like building up a certain superstar's mic skills, on camera skills, being heel, being face, etc.

Have they added any new match types?

not really, just the ECW rules match which is my fav type of match right now. haven't checked the new HIAC though :g:

Switchy

Reaction score
There isn't anything new about it. The only difference is when you kick the door open you automatically leave the cell. Also I was pressing R2 to try and work the spinner belt during my entrance but instead it put me in a first person camera mode which was pretty sick but the caerma bobs up and down quite a lot and its annoying after a while but just thought I'd let you guys know so you can experiment.

LKP

Smackdown vs raw 08 is ok. I like new things like chair and weapons moves. However the same old cut scenes on 24/7 mode is very annoying. Plus the guys im feuding with shake my hand backstage.

Dooshbag

Reaction score
The game is awesome and in parts its not, like in season mode, you cant be different people for e.g any legends, and Mvp and so on im ticked off about that, also they could have done better with controls for ps3, such as triange for finisher ! lol and L1 to run is gay ! but iv got used to it and like :) thumbs up from me:)

Rawkus Keyes

Reaction score
why would you care about the roster as much as the gameplay, storyline and features?

and the GM part is the same i think with extra features like building up a certain superstar's mic skills, on camera skills, being heel, being face, etc.
Smackdown: Just Bring It and No Mercy proved that you don't need good graphics to make a good game.

However I admit game play needs to be more ALOT realistic, and (as of SvR07) deserves alot more attention then the roster.
Storyline also shouldn't be repetitive.

I'm glad they retained GM mode.

Reaction score
So is this game worth buying or not? Should I get Assasins Creed or SDvsr 08?

the dark knight

There isn't anything new about it.
i didnt mean that...point is, it was my fav type of match in the last couple of games.

HCTP's elimination chamber still cant be duplicated.

Smackdown: Just Bring It and No Mercy proved that you don't need good graphics to make a good game.
did i say anything about the graphics? oh wait, i did in an earlier post. I SAID WHO CARES ABOUT GRAPHICS?

Kassidy

Reaction score
season mode sucks lol, and ai is stupid, but here is a cheat code i got when i bought the game

DXCostume69K2

caps are important, it gives you the dx attires for free instead of paying 60k

The Rated R CMStar

Ok, finally got a copy of a game today, cost me 4 dollars.

AI is pretty lame and even in Legend Difficulty you can have an easy win, altough it would be a lie to say it is a little harder from last year(there are more revearsals)

Took me a while to fully comprehend and use each fighting style, they aren't a great improvement but at least delimitated moves for each wrestler, so you don't have Khali stealing the 619 from Rey Mysterio like last year.

24/7 is pretty lame, I haven't tried the GM mode but the season is garbage. You feud Gregory Helms and King Booker but yet at the beginning of the show they salute you. Also, it doesn't pass 4 weeks and you are already repiting cut-scenes.

The best has to be Hall of Fame mode, some matches are actuall challenges and you are going to take a while to fully complete the game and unlock everything.

The options in Create a Title are way better than last week, as you have more options(just happy I can create the Rated R WWE Title)

PeepShow

Ok, heres some tips I found from another forum.

Credit goes to DjM for this

First up, controller plugged in, WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 in the tray, then lets go get you these points!

So how this guide will work is simple bullet points. and I also have rambled on too much here.

* Click 24/7 Mode
* New
* Play as WWE General Manager
* Pick Raw (Cause they get first pick) Well sometimes.
* Draft new rosters
* Pick Shawn Michaels & Rey Mysterio.

No on this part you may find that another show will take one of these. I did it with these guys so I just back out untill I have signed up both wrestlers (I done year contract) seriously money will not be an issue here!

* Once you have both stars hit continue
* (Are you sure you want to leave the draft?) pick YES
* Clean/Dirty Turn - Shawn Michales change to Dirty
* Set Champions - one as wwe Champion, and one as intercontinental
* Accept! Yes proceed!

So first part is done. Now this part is simple. Yet there have been some miss comunications so follow closely,

Skip the cinematic. Cause no one cares, we just want these points.

* Click Laptop
* Click Options
* Difficulty = legend
* Click Play options
* Play Options = scroll through to re-run
* Injuries = OFF
* ACCEPT!
* Save - just incase

Okay that bits done. Next step

Ignore the phone. All you will get is the same messages every day etc from Mcmahon saying no injuries or Jim Ross telling you to go invade other shows.

* Click Calender
* Click the first day (1st April) RAW
* Match 1 = Table Match (Both stars will come up automatically)
* Continue
* Match 2 = Ladder match (Both stars will come up automatically)
* Continue
* Match 3 = Hardcore Match (Both stars will come up automatically)
* Continue
* Match 4 = Intercontinental Title = TLC Match (Both stars will come up automatically)
* Continue
* Main Event = WWE Championship = Steel Cage Match (Both stars will come up automatically)
* Continue

Now I know Matt said to put promos in, but I did this for the first Raw and as I was going through with simming each week I didn't realsie I had to put these in. So I suppose you could put these in. But you will have to do it EVERY week. But you don't need too, to get the achievement.

* Promo 1 = Interview Space = HBK
* Promo 2 = Interview Space = Rey Mysterio
Straight Edge
Posted 11/11/2007 4:15:20 AM
message detail So that is the card set up.

* Hit Confirm
* (You are about to advance to the show. All Decisions Will be Locked. Proceed?) YES
* At the bottom you now see Y Simulate All - Press your Y button.
* "Simulate results for all matches" YES

So the whole card has been simmed. Wanna see whos won. To be honest, the longer you sit around seeing who won the cage or ladder match the longer this achevement will take. So lets continue on.

* Hit confirm at the bottom of the finished card
* This will take you back to the desk.
* Click calender
* As you see the day is the day after Raw (in this case the 2nd of April)
* Click on that date
* Skill Improvement
* Scroll right 3 to Fan Favorite Training
* Click A
* Now you see you have plenty of choice. Pick Rey Mysterio
* This will calculate. As you can see its a success.
* Click A
* This will take you back to the desk
* Click Calender again
* Today is Wednesday the 3rd. Click A
* Skill Improvemnent
* Scroll right 4 to Fan Heat Training
* Click A
* Now surprisingly plenty of choice again. Pick Shawn Michaels.
* Again this will result in success. Click A to go back to the desk.

Now I am not going to repeat myself here. But you can clearly see the pattern.

Monday = Raw
Tuesday = Fan Favourite Training
Wednesday = Fan Heat Training
Thursday = Fan Favourite Training
Friday = Fan Heat Training

Simple really. So this takes us to Saturday. Scroll through to the following Monday (This case it is the 8th)

* Click Raw Monday 8th
* "Are you sure you want to simulate the days up to this date" YES

So as you can see in the corner it reads 2% This bar does go up gradually to start with. And if your curious is based on the facts in the "progress report" of the laptop. This lists loads and loads of things which if you check will go up. Due to the fact you card is generating 4 star matches you will easily hit 10 million cash. But don't be worried that it is going up slow. Like I said I got this ahceivement by Week 2 January. So let me run you through this Raw and I will give you another tip I didn't realise that might help you get it quicker than I did.

* Click Today (Raw 8th)
* As you can see your matchups are already set up from last week. It is a complete re-run! (apart from the promos which you can add in if you want)
* So click confirm at the bottom
* "You are about to advance to the show. All decisions will be locked. Proceed?" YES
* Again hit the simulate Y button
* "simulate results for all matches?" YES
* Matches are simmed. Confim at the bottom to finish the Raw Event
* Back to the GM desk.

Now here we repeat the Skill Improvement steps again. Its that Simple. So continue this all the way through and you will get the achievement easily in no time!

As you can see from the fan support Raw is already up by 200,000. You will have PPV's were you do lose some, but just keep at it and your bar at the top like mine will go from 66% to 94% in one month!

------------------------------

So how else can you help yourself out getting more percentage. Below is what I did.

First thing I used was when it came to the PPV. You will have the same set up as Raw. Change the main event to Hell In A Cell. 5 Star easy!

Second - Rivalry's - These are on the GM desk under magazines. Click on these and it is easy to see. The first one I used was "Legend Killer" I put this on for 13 weeks (As you may see there is a mark for this in the Progress Report) Let it go and then start another. By the time I got the the other one though I had enough money to buy another.
You can buy more from the storyline writers which is in the same menu as rivalrys. I picked Chirs Folino who has the undisputed Champion. It works well when you have two people in your brand both with a title! and is also a 5 star story!

RawEnergy

Reaction score
Just got the game tonight for the Wii, cant wait to try it on the weekend(have a exam friday :().

If anyone has it for the Wii, how are the motion features and does it sorta feel like your doing it(as if you were accually wrestling)?

tnafan454

Reaction score
3 things i hate about this game

1. the new run system it is annoying as hell needing to use L1 to run

2. season mode is really repetitive i think it is great you can train your superstars but i get tired of seeing the people who you are suposed to hate want to shake your hand

3. this might just be mine but you have no free choice. everytime i pick something i get the opposite choice and it gets really annoying being attacked for no reason or not being able to switch brands

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Some of the things in season mode are just stupid. You're in a rivalry with a guy and then walking down the hall your great friends with them and also when you win it is like you didn't win dominantly

The fighting styles get some getting used to but are good when you work them out

The extreme rules matches are great but the only bad part is you can only get one ladder not two

The hall of fame challenges are actually quite challenging some of them.

And thats about all from me